DragonRealms Updates (2021)
|1998 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021|
Changes to the game during the 2021 calendar year.
- Premium preview of new Enlightened Geometry metaspell, Ripplegate Theory.
- Two small Crafting improvements released.
- Work Order system should now properly recognize an item you crafted using materials created by another player.
- Improved failure messaging when using the wrong tools or items.
- Tuesday Tidings 46: Reorganization of creatures in the Crossing sewers. There are now 3 tiers of silverfish and 3 tiers of ruffians in the sewers, including a Premium-only hunting area.
- MOVING while hidden or invisible now uses the same standard checks. There are behavior changes when dealing with rooms that do not allow Stealth.
- Cambrinth items are now allowed to be altered via LTB alteration scrolls.
- Tuesday Tidings 47: Expansion of TOGGLE APPRAISAL, adding numerical ratings when APPRAISING creatures.
- Tuesday Tidings 48: Expansion of the FORAGE command, adding a RECALL option to evaluate the area you're in for the items intended to be found there.
- Release of two new leather materials: enaada (auction-tier) and smokewhorl (prize-tier).
- House of the Revenant Fang 437 microtransaction event.
- Tuesday Tidings 49: Adjustments to Xala'shar special attacks, specifically the vindicators' wail and vanquishers' blinding sparks.
- Tuesday Tidings 50: Fifteen (15) new templated items added to the kitchen loot pool for Breaking and Entering.
- Tuesday Tidings 51: Spawn improvements to the eidolon steeds found south of Shard, including a small Premium expansion.
- Moon Mage spell "Ripplegate Theory" goes on general preview.
- Bonus events celebrating DragonRealm's 25th Anniversary begin, and the release of the PLAYED command to see your account usage/status.
- Updates to the COUNT and INVENTORY commands. COUNT now supports eddies; INVENTORY received some bugfixes to ensure the proper roundtime was being applied in certain scenarios.
- New Area-of-Effect Options
- ROAR CREATURES is a new option available to Barbarians trained in the Strategos mastery. Various bugs with ROAR options have also been squished.
- TOGGLE AOE is a new option available to magic users with offensive Area-of-Effect spells. These new options also support the quirky Cleric spell Hydra Hex.
- Tuesday Tidings 52: Empaths gain the ability to SHIFT entire decades! Also included are some messaging updates -- both the shifter and shiftee should see exactly what features are being changed now, in most cases.
- Messaging improvements to the SHOP STATUS output for Traders when inside their player-owned shops. If the shop is failing finanically additional messaging about potential rent increases with be shown.
- Tuesday Tidings 53: Citizens of a province may further pledge to a particular town within the province to unlock an "of (city)" affiliation title.
- Return of the Moon Mage spell Shadow Web, a scroll-only cyclic AoE Debilitation.
- Tuesday Tidings 54: Premium expansion to the Abandoned Mines near Stone Clan with five new rooms of warklins and maulers. The spawners controlling the area (both regular and premium rooms) have also been improved.
- Launch of the Official DragonRealms Discord server, and the DISCORD command to authorize access and configure settings.
- Killing certain innocent-looking NPCs, while in a justice area, will now generate a murder charge.
- Alternative flexing mechanics released for Wyvern Arena, configurable by the Tournament Directors, allowing for many mayhem-filled tourneys.
- Tuesday Tidings 55: Introduction of a special necklace, allowing Rakash to teleport (attuned to Katamba) to Siksraja once per day. They are sold in Garidznawk Cehs within Siksraja and bond (the nobody-else-can-use-it kind) to the first Rakash to RUB them.
- Reopening of the Seacaves of Peri'el, in celebration of DragonRealms' 25th Anniversary. There is a tent on the beach that sells tokens that can will unlock some titles based on your cumulative active subscription time.
- Tuesday Tidings 56: A plateau appears on Wyvern Mountain near Shard, containing two sections of storm bulls. The standard area contains bulls (107-111) little more hardy than their Ilaya Taipa counterparts (109), and there's a Premium component (spawns 111-115).
- Requirements updates and standardization to some existing titles, taking into account mechanics, lore, and systems changes since their original release (e.g. new Khri and mech lore requirements).
- Renewed efforts to standardize creature loot value, based on relative difficulty, using the approximate coin per level (ACPL) standard.
- Tuesday Tidings 57: Three QoL improvements to appraisal:
- Appraising a shield will now show both the held and worn appraisal.
- Differentiation with INV SLOTS between items worn "tied to the hair" and items "placed in the hair". Additionally, items worn on the upper arm will now appraise as "upper arm" (two words) instead of "upperarm" (one word).
- All worn skinning knives -- regardless of adjective -- can now be used as Skinning foci (for APPRAISE FOCUS) for non-Necromancers.
- Release of the EYE verb for your RPing needs. Though all races can use the basic messaging, Elotheans have access to a number of more detailed options.
- Titles reorganization.
- Back-end reorganization of how titles are stored. Some things, like Order Titles, have moved.
- Addition of the Phenom and Avatar categories. These two are like the other skill-level categories, and will become available to you at 1500 and 1750 ranks respectively.
- Necromancers got 27 new titles in their guild category, and a new Arcane category. Titles in the guild category are outrageous, while the Arcane titles are not.
- Necromancer titles (and the necromancer profession) are no longer radioactive. Instead, they now work like having a Transcendental spell up in a standard justice zone: you will get arrested in town for having a guild title up. This change just removes the threat of SO accruing while out of town for titles alone.
- Droughtman's Challenge 437 microtransaction event.
- Tuesday Tidings 58: The Shadow's Reach forges in southern Ilithi have been rekindled!
- Tuesday Tidings 59: The remaining Xala'shar warriors (non-casters), commonly referred to as "Tier 4" (overseers, shredders, and archers) as well as the slayers, have had their special attacks reviewed and their damage adjusted. Their specials still have a bite, but they shouldn't end you in just a hit or two.
- Tuesday Tidings 60: Expansion of the news stand locations for The First Land Herald. The imps are now selling copies of the newsletter in Hibarnhvidar (by the inn), Aesry (by the Crystal Wave), and Fang Cove (by the bank). The imps are also more chatty. Prime only.
- Circle requirement removed from Embroidery; now available to Commoners.
- Tuesday Tidings 61: Reshuffling of the Vineyards hunting area outside of Crossing's northeast gate (like Baearholt's and connected areas). Lower-level creatures have be split into smaller more distinct tiered areas with better spawning. Also included are some equipment and messaging upgrades.
- New version of Barbarian's War Stomp. It now functions as a jump-to-melee maneuver that does a double attack upon landing. The attacks do fire-themed damage, and the target is locked to melee for a short time. Compatible with mech mice equipment and recognizes blessed states when fighting undead.
- Reorganization of titles from MT events.
- Tuesday Tidings 62: Two new housing areas located in Crossing: Tatting Street and Riverlace Lane, with lovely views of the Oxenwaithe and High Temple, are now available! It's primarily a middle/upperclass homes, which can only be claimed by Estate Holders.
- Tuesday Tidings 63: Vaults can be pre-paid up to 12 platinum kronars at a time, covering vault access for 2 real life years. Multiple payments can be made to pay your rent even longer.
- Supplies to upgrade Risen now available in all Necromancer guildhalls. Additionally, there's a new stealthy ability to teach.
- Barbarian's Earthquake berserk is now a melee AoE knockdown ability. Knocking down four (either at a time or cumulatively over several pulses) will grant a short-term improved Whirlwind.
- Bug fixes to the Ranger Personal Trail Marker System (PTMs), correcting a long-term issue that prevented certain actions from taking place.
- Tuesday Tidings 64: Forager ghouls (level 130ish) have surfaced within the Zaulfung. These (undead) ghouls are a little different; good luck with them!
- Tuesday Tidings 65: A dozen or so common gathering places have been updated with seating, snacks and perhaps a firepit for tiring adventures. A few of the locations are seasonal, and a few have some surprises.
- Su Helmas: The Forbidden Temple 438 microtransaction event.
- Updates to the Rocky Outcrop near Crossing, the area with the ogres, bloodwolves, and bears. The area layout has changed slightly to keep the creatures confined a bit better, and the ogres now drop better gear.
- Tuesday Tidings 66: Major revamp of Baearholt's Farm. New creatures! New layouts! Basically, everything has changed.
- Release of the Ignition Point Metaspell for Paeldryth's Wrath. This metaspell will cause naphtha delivered by the PW spell to ignite on impact.
- Updates to balance heal abilities to make them all restore roughly the same amount of balance. Arbitrary caps have been removed, so all abilities can now take you to the actual balance cap. Impacted: Monkey Form, Centering, Truffenyi's Rally, Cheetah Swiftness, Khri Flight, Sure Footing and Aesandry Darlaeth.
- Tuesday Tidings 67: When you APPRAISE a sling, bow, or crossbow, you will now see the base load time (before any stat, skill, or other modifications).
- Reset of Barbarian abilities.
- Experience gained when hitting with a weapon, or with a TM attack, has increased.
- Tuesday Tidings 68: Enhancements to the Rumor system. You can now STUDY NPCs and see if they're a part of the rumor system as well as their biases.
- Both PERCEIVE SELF and MEDITATE POWER have had their RT and EXP removed to match KHRI CHECK. In addition, Thieves can now see spells in their spell window.
- Guildfest 438
- Changes to cosmetics, allowing you to APPLY to your friends with their approval. Additional a STUDY has been added to some of the new products.
- Tuesday Tidings 69: Release of the TITLE FIND command, allowing players to loop up a title and its requirements.
- Post:Premium Preview: Moon Mage metaspell, "Ripplegate Theory" - 01/01/2021 - 12:50
- Post:Crafting QoL Improvements - 01/02/2021 - 13:39
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 46 - Crossing Sewers - 01/05/2021 - 20:15
- Post:Hiding, invisibility, and movement - 01/07/2021 - 02:06
- Post:LTB Alteration Scroll Updates - 01/10/2021 - 19:59
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 47 - Numerical Toggle for Appraising Creatures - 01/12/2021 - 18:43
- Post:Scales for Appraising Creatures - 01/12/2021 - 18:43
- Post:Scales for Appraising Creatures - 01/16/2021 - 05:42
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 48 - Forage Verb Update - 01/19/2021 - 20:54
- Post:New Leather Materials at House of the Revenant Fang - 01/21/2021 - 16:15
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 49 - Xala'Shar - 01/26/2021 - 19:05
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 50 - New Breaking and Entering Loot - 02/02/2021 - 18:03
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 51 - Eidolon Steeds - 02/09/2021 - 21:03
- Post:Premium Preview: Moon Mage metaspell, "Ripplegate Theory" - 02/09/2021 - 18:02
- Post:Premium Preview: Moon Mage metaspell, "Ripplegate Theory" - 02/25/2021 - 03:46
- Post:25 Days of BONUS for 25 Years of DragonRealms! - 02/12/2021 - 11:43
- Post:Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY - 02/14/2021 - 00:17
- Post:Updates to COUNT and INVENTORY - 02/18/2021 - 18:26
- Post:New Area-of-Effect Options - 02/15/2021 - 17:26
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 52 - Shift - 02/16/2021 - 21:58
- Post:Minor Trader Shop Update - 02/19/2021 - 20:32
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 53 - Citizenship - 02/23/2021 - 20:28
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 53 - Citizenship - 02/26/2021 - 00:20
- Post:Moon Mage Spell Preview: Shadow Web - 03/01/2021 - 02:17
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 54 - Abandoned Mine - 03/02/2021 - 18:01
- Post:DragonRealms on Discord - 03/04/2021 - 20:36
- Post:Be careful who you kill... - 03/08/2021 - 11:06
- Post:Something New - 03/08/2021 - 18:26
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 55 - Rakash - 03/09/2021 - 21:30
- Post:Happy Anniversary, DragonRealms! - 03/12/2021 - 21:34
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 56 - Wyvern Plateau - 03/16/2021 - 17:51
- Post:Titles! - 03/17/2021 - 01:23
- Post:Creature Treasure - 03/19/2021 - 13:38
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 57 - QoL Improvements for Appraisal - 03/23/2021 - 19:35
- Post:EYE Verb for Elotheans - 03/26/2021 - 06:59
- Post:Titles! - 03/26/2021 - 12:45
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 58 - Shadow's Reach - 03/30/2021 - 19:38
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 59 - Xala'shar (Part 2) - 04/06/2021 - 07:50
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 60 - News - 04/13/2021 - 20:35
- Zadraes, announced via the Official Discord server
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 61 - Vineyards - 04/20/2021 - 16:51
- Post:New War Stomp - 04/21/2021 - 23:50
- Post:Event Titles - 04/23/2021 - 15:10
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 62 - Housing - 04/27/2021 - 19:14
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 63 - Greedy Vaults - 05/04/2021 - 20:02
- Post:People who like making people... - 05/06/2021 - 16:40
- Post:Earthquake Updates - 05/06/2021 - 17:47
- Post:Personal Trail Markers Bug Fix - 05/06/2021 - 21:08
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 64 - Ghouls - 05/11/2021 - 20:21
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 65 - Stay A While, and Eat, and Share - 05/18/2021 - 15:52
- Post:Ogres and bears and wolves.... oh, my? - 05/23/2021 - 09:06
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 66 - Baearholt's Proper - 05/25/2021 - 16:13
- Post:Ignition Point Metaspell - 05/25/2021 - 20:57
- Post:Balance Heal Abilities - 05/25/2021 - 21:16
- Post:Tuesday Tidings 67 - Appraisal of Base Load Times for Ranged Weapons - 06/01/2021 - 19:11
- Post:Barbarian Utility Grandfathering - 06/05/2021 - 00:21
- Post:Weapon Experience++ - 06/05/2021 - 23:08
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 68 - Rumor System Enhancement - 06/08/2021 - 21:44
- Post:PERCEIVE SELF and MEDITATE POWER - 06/10/2021 - 02:02
- Post:Cosmetics Update - 06/11/2021 - 12:59
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 69 - Titles - 06/15/2021 - 18:45