DragonRealms Updates (2020)
|1998 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020|
Changes to the game during the 2020 calendar year.
- Breaking and Entering in Test.
- Foraging changes make it possible to forage most things outside of their natural habitat with an increased skillcheck.
- Estate holders can now sell gems and furs at night in Fang Cove.
- The Crossing monastery fields estate holder hunting grounds are updated to separate the various huntable creatures found there.
- URCHIN command and urchin Login Rewards system guides in Test.
- Harm Horde Cleric spell updated to respect TARGETING OPTIONS and default to engaged.
- Small quality of life update to the SIGN command for guilded Thieves.
- NAME command update to be usable outside of special character-creation areas. You can also now check if a name is already taken or not.
- House of the Revenant Fang 433 microtransaction event.
- ROLL and UNROLL commands updated for prayer mats and rugs to utilize the at feet slot.
- Regeneration Items can all now be registered.
- Losing your hands to injuries will now result in your held items dropping to your feet instead of the ground.
- Breaking and Entering goes live in all instances.
- Forge wands now include ingot cutters.
- RECALL cooldown timer for use is now real life time, instead of logged in time.
- Tuesday Tidings development strike team's first release.
- Changes to locksmithing experience, discouraging the use of "pet boxes" that grossly outclass your skill level.
- Tuesday Tidings 2: Young wyverns Estate Holder expansion and spawn normalization.
- Tuesday Tidings 3: Umbral moth expansion in Forfedhdar.
- INVENTORY command updates:
- INV SEARCH now has a "click-to-get" option in supported front-ends. That is, INV SEARCH RING will help find and get all of those rings you're carrying. Try it with different items, and if you run into trouble or aren't finding something, make sure you've OPENed your bags first.
- INV SLOTS will now show a count of items at your feet.
- INV ATFEET will show what's lying at your feet without needing to LOOK at yourself.
- Tuesday Tidings 4: Family vault services expanded to the carousels of Dirge, Leth Deriel and Therenborough.
- Circle of Sympathy Empath spell update:
- The spell will now pulse more slowly, but there's no longer a limit to how much attunement a pulse can transfer. It should feel much more impactful overall.
- The spell now requires shock-free empathy.
- Droughtman's Challenge 433 microtransaction event.
- Updates to the TEST command, adding options for your teleportation and financing needs in the Test Instance.
- Tuesday Tidings 5: New BADNAME command to flag potentially policy violating names for staff review.
- Lakyan's Tailored Goods and Repair in Fang Cove is now open day and night. (Lakyan's repairs both metal and nonmetal items.)
- Tuesday Tidings 6:
- The Spring Promotion 2020 events begin.
- Tuesday Tidings 7: New level 58-63 Tree Snake and Birdcatcher Spider hunting ground near Siksraja released.
- Tuesday Tidings 8: New level 185-188 Void black umbral moth hunting ground released in Forfedhdar.
- Tuesday Tidings 9: New base level 190 (spawns level 188-192) Elder Adan'f blademaster, Elder Adan'f sorcerer hunting ground expansion in Ilithi's Whistling Woods.
- Tuesday Tidings 10: The Parfumerie Perfume and cologne shop joins the (real life) weekly rotating shops for Estate Holders in Fang Cove. Look for the stately white caravan west of the exit portal in Fang Cove.
- Fang Cove's rotating shops are also reset to rotate on Tuesdays (although this will drift over time).
- Tuesday Tidings 11: Family vaults expanded to include locations in Shard, Fang Cove and Ratha.
- STEALING from players is now mechanically prohibited in all Repair Shops.
- Tuesday Tidings 12: HORK and GAG commands implemented.
- Tuesday Tidings 13: 85 new player homes added throughout Zoluren in Prime.
- Su Helmas: The Forbidden Temple 434 microtransaction event.
- Tuesday Tidings 14: Arthelun cabalist estate holder hunting ground expansion.
- Tuesday Tidings 15: Dira'ela Lloriena's Beauty Salon reopens in Leth Deriel, offering some limited (and basic) feature alteration options. All services are mundane in nature.
- Moon Mages: Changes to experience given for OBSERVE (or PEER TELESCOPE), and to the prediction pool bonus when using telescopes.
- STUDY command update for telescopes to show syntax and relative telescope quality.
- Paladins can now APPRAISE FOCUS for the conviction skill with functional Soulstone items.
- TEST EVALUATE command update allows access to a player-friendly version of the staff creature evaluation tool to test creatures in the test instance for Estimated creature level.
- Tuesday Tidings 16: Fang Cove has gains a new housing neighborhood, and the time requirement for Platinum's portals are lowered.
- Tuesday Tidings 17: Relative creature level 195-198 Shadowfrost moths Estate Holder hunting ground released in the Vela'tohr Woods in Forfedhdar.
- Tuesday Tidings 18:
- Tuesday Tidings 19: Family vault locations added to Riverhaven, Aesry Surlaenis'a and Hibarnhvidar.
- Dragon Priest juggernaut bomb's disarm roundtime is now skill and stat based. It also trains some locksmithing now.
- The first Necromancer advanced State of Being, Redemption, released in Platinum.
- There is now a circle 10 requirement to become Redeemed.
- Anabasis spellbook spells announced.
- Solace: Same as Protection from Evil, but against holy attacks and attackers.
- Emuin's Candlelight [EMC]: Bonuses Evasion and staggers incoming damage over time.
- Rite of Forbearance [ROF]: Cyclic spell with two effects that grow substantially more powerful the more forbidden spells you know.
- Reduces the attunement cost of spellcasting but stops attunement regeneration.
- Increases the integrity of outgoing offensive spells for barrier piercing purposes, beyond the normal cap, potentially allowing you to pierce any integrity barrier.
- Book Burning (planned)
- Ebon Blood of the Scorpion [EBOTS]: Metaspell with three Blood Magic effects.
- Heighten Pain gains practically infinite duration but becomes limited to one target at a time. If a creature dies with it, the curse will jump to another creature in the room. (Relatedly, ASSESS will now show HP victims as "pained" for everyone, regardless of the metaspell.)
- Siphon Vitality's vitality healing effect is replaced by a vitality shield that is more efficient per point of damage.
- Blood Burst loses its bleeder requirement / vitality cost.
- Tuesday Tidings 20: Giant bear relative creature level 43-47 hunting ground released in the Journalai Route near rock trolls.
- Tuesday Tidings 21:
- Shrapnel boxes have been updated to remove their PvP and mech abuse aspects. When such a box detonates, it will only harm the person who blew it; it will no longer lodge shards in others nearby. Additionally, the wounds were changed from external wounds to internal.
- Anatomy charts and textbooks have been added as valid APPRAISE FOCUS targets for First Aid.
- Tembeg's Armory in Crossing has three new metal masks (chain, scale, and plate).
- Drathrok's Duskruin 435 microtransaction event
- Tuesday Tidings 22: A new brush-choked pathway near Leth Deriel's NW gate, in the Northern Reaches of Bosque Deriel for premium Rangers at level 50+ leads to a nature-friendly clearing within the surrounding woods. A mix of cabins and tree-type homes are available to be claimed by those eligible.
- Creatures that are attacking other creatures will no longer count toward a hunting area's spawn population.
- This means that combat pets like Guardian Spirit and Awaken Forest will not interfere with other players' hunting.
- Post:Changes to Locksmithing Experience - 02/28/2020 - 20:49
- Post:Change to Stealing Within Repair Shops - 05/10/2020 - 13:59
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 13 - 05/19/2020 - 23:59
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 15 - 06/02/2020 - 20:52
- Post:OBSERVE Experience and Telescope Usefulness - 06/05/2020 - 20:54
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 16 - 06/09/2020 - 19:32
- Post:Redeemed Necromancers - 07/03/2020 - 22:31
- Post:Redeemed Necromancers - 07/03/2020 - 23:50
- Post:Redeemed Necromancers - 07/07/2020 - 21:46
- Post:Redeemed Necromancers - 07/07/2020 - 21:46
- Post:BURGLE Updates - 07/23/2020 - 22:26
- Post:BURGLE Updates - 07/23/2020 - 22:55
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 24 - 08/04/2020 - 18:41