- Returning players may want to read the page for Returning Players before continuing.
- New to the game? You may want to check out the new player guide for this guild.
Image copyright of Simutronics Corporation
|Secondary Skillsets:||Magic, Survival|
|Tertiary Skillsets:||Weapon, Armor|
|Special Abilities:|| Heal, Shift, Link,|
| Barbarian - Bard - Cleric - Commoner - Empath - Moon Mage|
Necromancer - Paladin - Ranger - Thief - Trader - Warrior Mage
Empaths are highly attuned to other living creatures, allowing them to heal the wounds of others. Such powers have their drawbacks, however; since Empaths are so close to the pain of living beings around them, if they so much as try to harm another living creature they will lose their ability to heal for a time. If they kill, such ability can be lost forever.
This does not mean that Empaths are barred from combat. Many choose the path of the Battle Empath, with defensive skills and abilities often outstripping those of the adventurers they seek to heal.
- 1 Official Information
- 2 Guild Abilities
- 3 Life Magic
- 4 Circle Requirements
- 5 Related Forum Posts
- 6 Additional Information
- 7 The Khalo
- 8 Related Forum Posts
- 9 Additional Information
Official InformationDragonrealms Website.
The official Empath Guild color is Sapphire Blue.
Guild Hall Locations
- Crossing Empath Guild
- Led by Guildleader Salvur Siksa. (You can type DIR EMPATH in The Crossing for directions.)
- The Crossing Guildhall crest is:
- an open hand reaching out to provide comfort, the palm cradling a blue X, symbolizing the crossroads
- Riverhaven Empath Guild
- Led by Guildleader Nebela Mentrade. (You can type DIR EMPATH in Riverhaven for directions.)
- The Riverhaven Guildhall crest is:
- an open hand reaching out to provide comfort, the palm cradling a leaping river fish arching over a royal blue river
- Led by Guildleader K'miriel Lystrandoniel.
- The Shard Guildhall crest is:
- an open hand reaching out to provide comfort, the palm cradling a wreath of deep purple lotus blossoms
- Ratha Empath Guild and Aesry Empath Guild
- Led by Guildleader Alris Burdlefoot, who travels between these two locations.
- The Ratha Guildhall crest is:
- an open hand reaching out to provide comfort, the palm cradling nine golden stars
- The Aesry Guildhall crest is:
- the Aesry Surlaenis'a flag with an open hand reaching out to provide comfort in the center of the dark blue circle
- Hibarnhvidar Empath Guild
- Led by Guildleader Dagreth Rendarak, who recently relocated here from Riverhaven.
- The Hibarnhvidar Guildhall crest is:
- an open hand cradling a hammer and anvil
Skillsets and Common Races
An Empath's primary skillset is Lore. Survival and Magic are secondary skillsets, with Weapon and Armor as tertiaries.
According to the DragonRealms website, Empaths tend to be:
As they are a lore-prime guild, Empaths may choose two crafting careers and one hobby.
Guilded Empaths receive two free technique slots in the Remedies discipline and one free technique slot in the Cooking discipline of the Alchemy skill.
- Touch - By simply touching a person, an Empath can form an empathic link with them that allows the Empath to diagnose the person's injuries with some precision. Besides wound transfer, several other Empath abilities (Shift, Link) require an active diagnostic link to be in place in order to function.
- Transfer/Take - Allows an Empath to take the wounds, scars, and assorted injuries of other adventurers by transferring them to the Empath's body.
- Wound Redirection - A more advanced form of taking wounds which allows the empath to change the destination of transferred wounds for five minutes.
- Wound Reduction - Allows an Empath to automatically reduce the severity of wounds they transfer to themselves by up to half.
- Link - More experienced Empaths can use their empathic links to others to access some of their knowledge, thereby increasing the Empath's skills for the duration of the link. This ability is taught by other Empaths and cannot be maintained in combat.
- Linking has more advanced forms such as Persistent Links, Hand of Hodierna and the Unity Link.
- Perceive Health - Allows the Empath to detect the presence of others in the surrounding area by sensing their life energies, including health status such as poison, disease, or low vitality. As the Empath's skill increases, life energies can be detected farther and farther away.
- Shift - Though considered a hush-hush skill by those in Elanthia, some Empaths possess the ability to alter the appearance of others permanently. It is considered a forbidden practice in all provinces in Kermoria except for Ilithi, as of 406 AV.
- Manipulate - Those with sufficient skill can Manipulate a creature approaching them into believing that an Empath is a friend rather than an enemy. This is a powerful tool for Empaths choosing to enter hunting and battle areas.
Empaths have access to Life Mana and the following spellbooks: Healing, Protection, Body Purification, Mental Preparation and Life Force Manipulation.
The Empath spell tree requires 55 spell slots to master. Empaths earn 76 spell slots at 150 which leaves experienced Empaths plenty of room for Magic Techniques or Analogous Patterns spells. All magic guilds get a free magical feat at circle 2, and Empaths get Injured Casting as theirs.
Hard skill requirements ( Empathy, First Aid, and Scholarship) are listed in bold. These skills cannot count toward Nth skills, such as 1st lore or 2nd Survival.
Soft skill requirements ( Outdoorsmanship) can also count toward your Nth skills.
- Note: The following "mastery" skills never count toward Nth skill requirements, since they affect all or most of the skillset: Defending, Parry Ability, Offhand Weapon, Melee Mastery, Missile Mastery, and Life Magic.
Nth skill requirements are met with your top-ranked skills out of the following list of eligible skills:
- Lore: Forging, Engineering, Outfitting, Alchemy, Enchanting, Mechanical Lore, Appraisal, Performance, and Tactics
- Magic: Attunement, Arcana, Targeted Magic, Augmentation, Debilitation, Utility, and Warding
- Survival: Evasion, Athletics, Perception, Stealth, Locksmithing, Outdoorsmanship, and Skinning
Related Forum Posts
Click here to search for related posts.
The leadership of the Empaths' Guild is collectively known as the Khalaen, a Gamgweth word meaning "leaders."
See Empath Khalo for details about the modern structure of the guild, guild etiquette, and the current Khalaen. Detailed information about Khalaen history can be found in the book Khalo: A Student's Primer.
Related Forum Posts
Click here to search for related posts.