DragonRealms Updates (2016)
|1998 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020|
Changes to the game during the 2016 calendar year.
- Tied bundles and gem pouches received a boost in appraisal teaching.
- PREPARE SRE now gives information on rebirth power for the Spiteful Rebirth spell.
- Gwethsmashers no longer have a penalty to smashing due to distance.
- Barbarians can use gwethsmashers.
- Thoughtcast's gweth function fails to function after a gwethsmash.
- Gwethsmashing now has Charisma as primary stat.
- Devour will work at reduced efficiency on harvest material.
- Release of Electrostatic Eddy.
- Knowledge of Quick Infusions will allow density changes in elemental weapons.
- The ability of wounds to reduce stealth effectiveness has been scaled down significantly.
- Dragon's Breath has its number of possible shots increased.
- Phelim's Sanction now ignores undead stun resistance.
- Osrel Meraud no longer holds Paladin spells.
- Lightning Bolt no longer results in disturbing the peace charges.
- Refractive Field duration lengthened.
- Moonblades can now be worn.
- Free to play visa for the 100th circle Moon Mage ability allowed.
- Several updates to Necromancer Zombies:
- Zombies will now nearly immediately (within a second or so) begin to advance if commanded to attack.
- Zombies will now nearly immediately (within a second or so) take an attack if they pounce.
- Zombies no longer get OF/DF mods based on stance.
- Drathrok's Duskruin quest introduced.
- Tells removed from Eyes of the Blind.
- Update on the legality of some spells cast in a justice area.
- Impact of nerve injuries on spellcasting increased significantly.
- Low concentration penalty on spellcasting reduced.
- Altar changes:
- Anyone with holy water may now wash altars.
- Clean altars may now be washed by clerics for devotion.
- Prydaen altars now allow some devotional rituals.
- Change to Rakash language weapons.
- Kertigen's commune now works with most items that have abilities already, such as foci.
- Kertigen's commune may be used on self to allow blessed brawling.
- Cleric perception of bless strikes no longer takes devotion.
- Warrior Mage pattern hues cantrip now works with elemental weapons.
- Release of Braun's Conjecture, Destiny Cipher, and changes to how distances are calculated for Moon Mage movement spells.
- Arcana ranks now reduce the RT for charging cambrinth.
- Ruins of Ulf'Hara quest released.
- Three new creatures have been released atop Asketi's Mount and within the Temple of the North Wind.
- The Vela'Tohr Outlook is now home to misty black zephyrs.
- The lower floor of the temple is now home to bony wind wretches and ragged wind hags, who have driven out the marble gargoyles which previously resided there. The gargoyles are now cursed creatures, and they patrol the barren summit outside.
- The upper floor of the temple is now home to lesser North Wind banshees.
- Addition of a Therengia-Forfedhdar guided passage, including a Ranger trail.
- A few Rakash QoL updates:
- Meeting Halls in Crossing, Riverhaven, Therengia and Shard released.
- Shard Theater Faire 419 took place in Shard.
- Advanced Anatomy opens shop in Fang Cove.
- Keepsakes area of Fenwyrthie's Curio Shop updated with (more) past gift items.
- Bow verb updated.
- Furniture coupon released in the SimuCoin store.
- Siksraja's herb shop updated.
- Fang Cove's crafting society built by players and released.
- Premium players get expanded character inventory slots.
- Bacon Man's Birthday Bash 419 event introduced.
- Estate Holder rings teleport cooldown reduced from 7 days to 1 hour.
- Automatic inventory sort at login to end inventory reversal released.
- Tinkering system is live in Prime.
- New Ranger signals added.
- Thief signs now result in being caught less.
- New locations added to the PROFILE setting.
- The Guide to Being an Empath in Elanthia book updated to better reflect current systems.
- New alteration materials added: Storyplait and Ice-veined leather
- Shop stealing system updated:
- General increase in difficulty of items.
- General decrease in chance to get caught as well as decrease of the repeat steal penalty.
- General boost to experience calculation.
- Multiple attempts teach progressively more instead of less.
- STEAL now gives information on how well you learned, even for non-Thieves.
- Being invisible now teaches Stealth skill
- Who command updated with new options and clicky links for StormFront and Web Client users.
- Manipulated creatures no longer count toward spawn limits.
- Magic 3.2 released.
- DEPART typed by itself will default to the most expensive depart option that there are favors for.
- Upon dying, the objects in the hands are not dropped.
- GIVE will now warn if giving an item with registration on it.
- Sorcerous efficacy penalties to mana usage will now apply to held mana and cambrinth.
- Sorcerous backlash chances changed.
- Arc Light no longer causes damage, no longer causes Empathic shock, and no longer lights naphtha.
- Centering's messaging and description changed, but no mechanical changes.
- Viscous Solution and Universal Solvent now use standard targetting options.
- No longer possible to remove gweths for 5 minutes after sending a thought.
- Gwethsmashers have been disabled for the foreseeable future.
- Albredine crystal rings now use the SEND command.
- Colorless albredine rings now use the PROJECT command, do not bond, and are more similar to gweths.
- ESP 2.0 changes:
- Post:Rakash Weapons and Armor - 02/21/2016 - 10:59
- Post:Braun's Conjecture, Destiny Cipher and Teleport Changes - 03/07/2016 - 21:25
- Post:Sorcery Backlash Rates - 09/21/2016 - 10:47