DragonRealms Updates (2022)
|1998 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021 • 2022|
Changes to the game during the 2022 calendar year.
- Alteration scroll notifications will now go every character on the account. If you're playing an alt other than the one who picked up a scroll, you will get a message stating there's an update pending on a particular character's scroll.
- Tuesday Tidings 98: Scavenger trolls lurking around the abandoned Gorbesh fort near Dirge will no longer steal player weapons. Instead, they absolutely will take (destroy) any coins, gems or treasure boxes they find left lying about. Additionally, the spawn settings for some of the creatures around Dirge (madmen, ghouls and the scavenger trolls) were tweaked to be a bit better and more consistent.
- Tuesday Tidings 99: AUTOLOOT mechs were updated to try and stack ammo as its placed into a lootsack/pouch/etc. Stacked ammo should only count as a single item against an autoloot container's limit. To support this, the previously mentioned updates to ammo weights when stacked are a part of this release as well.
- Tuesday Tidings 100: Release of the Taffelberry Faire, a small yearly (automated) festival in Arthe Dale to celebrate the harvest and the Holy Week of Glythtide.
- Su Helmas: Entrapped 440 microtransaction event.
- Energy Bows can be loaded while remaining hidden/invisible.
- Tuesday Tidings 101: The Abandoned Farmhouse near Steelclaw Clan now has a spooky house to explore, and it's full of frostcrones!
- StormFront front end rebranded as Wrayth.
- Tuesday Tidings 102: Over 50 new spots for lumberjacking and 9 more spots for mining added across parts of Forfedhdar and Ilithi.
- Tuesday Tidings 103: 
- Rewrite of Barbarian masteries deployed into the Test instance.
- Release of two new tattoo shops: Castaways' Tattoo Parlor (Fang Cove) and Skin Deep (Outer Hibarnhvidar). In addition, the existing four LTB tattoo shops have been updated with new designs.
- Tuesday Tidings 104: Urchin runners can be used to REGISTER items remotely.
- Tuesday Tidings 105: A notice has been posted in the Crossing Traders' Guild tracking the Ilaya Taipa merchant barges.
- Tuesday Tidings 106: Discovery of Gale Drake lair behind a roadblock near Pivilho Volcano on Ratha.
- Thief ambushes updated so they are no longer hybrid attacks and SvS. Ignite is now an attack only, while the rest of the ambushes are now solely SvS contests.
- Auto-charge is a thing of the past. You can CHARGE to do it if you want, but regular combat maneuvers will just tell you you're out of range. IZ, which also supported auto-charge will still auto-charge via TOUCH as CHARGE doesn't work with IZ.
- Barbarian's Eagle Form and Thieves' Khri Steady abilities both had slot cost reductions, to bring them in line with other augmentation abilities that are +Missle and +Thrown.
- QoL updates to the Necromancers' PERFORM CUT ritual, adding messaging when the effect expires and allowed further uses to refresh the duration instead of fail.
- Tuesday Tidings 107: Release of gigantic lachmates, found along a newly descovered path between Leth and the Gondola. These are constructs. There's a standard area with level 80 +/- 2 (78-82) variants, and an estate holder area with level 84 +/- 2 (82-86) variants.
- Changes from the Barrier Review finalized. The Throne City NPC has had the platinum cost and timer removed for now, which means you should be able to forget any spell except quest spells and pre-requisites for spells you still have memorized (including said quest spells).
- Release of new Ranger barrier spell Embed the Cycle. Additionally, tweaks were made to the prerequisites (and the addition of the wilderness difficulty modifier) for both River in the Sky and Bloodthorns.
- Release of a new Bardic scream, "Dissonance". It was written years ago, and found (and subsequently released) while answering a player question about scream mechanics.
- Tuesday Tidings 108: Moon Mages with Shadow Servants will now be able to get a full listing of the contents (in vault book list format) by casting Piercing Gaze on their shadow servant.
- Droughtman's Challenge 441 microtransaction event.
- Release of two new (non-crafting) quest-level design materials, stoneskin tweed and demon gaze agates.
- Tuesday Tidings 109: Near Fayrin's Rest a House of the Silk Strings compound (the Kiora'ylen Storehouse) was unearthed, containing Empath-friendly construct hunting. Within the storehouse, there are 4 distinct spawn areas with the 3 new creatures (+variants): snippets (18, +/-1), sylphs (27, +/-1), greater sylphs (42, +/-2), normal windbags (42, +/-2) and greater/elder windbags (50, +/-2).
- Tuesday Tidings 110: New permanent shop in Inner Hibarnhvidar -- Many Sign of Many Savage -- with signs, stones and more to help mark an area (for events or whatnot). The area markers are designed to be left in a spot, will automatically clean up after X days, and have some degree of janitor protection (no guarantees).
- Dira'ela Lloriena's Beauty Salon in Leth will now remove Hair Quirks.
- Protections added to player owned shops to defend against rollover issues. Transactions (deposits and sales) are blocked if they would push a shop's bank account into an overflow situation.
- Tuesday Tidings 111: Release of hurricane drakes (creature level 175), now found on the upper cliffs of the Pivilho volcano on Ratha.
- Updates to the Trader spells Trabe Chalice and Iridius Rod. Neither spell requires full preparation, both can be RELEASEd if the ward is undamaged, and Traders and Moon Mages can now REPAIR the hitpoints of either ward.
- Release of the Lay Necromancy spell Sidhlot's Flaying. It is scroll-only, and cannot be permanently memorized.
- Tuesday Tidings 112: Zand's Exotic Pets in Fang Cove has expanded their inventory, and now sells feline house pets.
- Tuesday Tidings 113:
- Tuesday Tidings 114: Personal forges are now available to rent in the Crossing Forging Society.
- Tuesday Tidings 115: The ASSESS verb has been updated for Wrayth with an auto-refresh and more!
- Updates to Thief wards Khri Sagacity, Khri Adaptation and Khri Evanescence.
- Release of new Empath spell Calculated Rage.
- Tuesday Tidings 116: Introduction of fearsome magma cobras (level 187-193), an extremely dangerous creature in an extremely dangerous area on the Pivilho Volcano of Ratha.
- Tuesday Tidings 117: A new forging society has been established in Aesry! It has six rooms of crafting areas, the usual supplies, and two sets of rent-a-forge options for your crafting pleasure.
- Aesthene's Close 441 microtransaction event.
- Release of five new quest-level design materials: bitterweave, heartname leather, icethorn wood, temptress beryl, and truegold.
- Tuesday Tidings 118: A new forging society has been established on Ratha! It has all of the usual supply shops and four workrooms. Additionally, some missing tools were added to the Muspar'i Enchanting Society.
- Post:Alteration Scroll Update - 01/03/2022 - 19:39
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 98 - Scavengers - 01/04/2022 - 17:16
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 99 - Ammo Stacking for Autoloot - 01/11/2022 - 20:43
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 100 - Let's Celebrate the Harvest - 01/18/2022 - 19:29
- Post:Energy Bows - Stealth Loading - 01/23/2022 - 14:51
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 101 - Spoooooky Scary Farmhouse - 01/25/2022 - 17:33
- Post:Update: StormFront to Wrayth - 02/01/2022 - 09:44
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 102 - More Mining and Lumberjacking - 02/01/2022 - 20:46
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 103 - Verb Updates - 02/08/2022 - 19:02
- Post:Barbarian Mastery Rewrite - 02/09/2022 - 23:21
- Post:New Premium Tattoo Shops! - 02/13/2022 - 17:00
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 104 - More Urchins, More Registrations - 02/15/2022 - 20:57
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 105 - Ilaya Taipa Barges - 02/22/2022 - 20:28
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 106 - Wind Drakes on Ratha - 03/01/2022 - 13:41
- Post:Ambush Updates - 03/01/2022 - 18:49
- Javac, via the official discord.
- Eagle change, via Discord
- Khri Steady change, via Discord
- Post:QoL updates to PERFORM CUT ritual - 03/08/2022 - 10:15
- Post:Tuesday Tidings 107 - Something slimy this way comes.... - 03/08/2022 - 14:27
- Post:Barrier Review Live - Concluded! - 03/09/2022 - 15:12
- Post:New Barrier Spell - Embed the Circle - 03/14/2022 - 14:16
- Post:Bardic Screams - 03/14/2022 - 22:11
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 108 - X-raying Servants - 03/15/2022 - 00:10
- Post:Droughtman's Challenge - New Materials - 03/18/2022 - 12:02
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 109 - Kiora'ylen - 03/22/2022 - 19:14
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 110 - Many Sign of Many Savage - 03/29/2022 - 21:01
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 15 - 04/02/2022 - 14:04
- Zadraes, via the official discord.
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 111 - Rumbling atop the volcano, woooosh wooosh! - 04/05/2022 - 18:19
- Post:Trabe Chalice and Iridius Rod - Updates - 04/06/2022 - 18:46
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 112 - Fluffy-Cuddly Things! - 04/12/2022 - 14:14
- Post:Tuesday Tidings 113 - Scroll Updates: Spells and Alterations - 04/19/2022 - 19:18
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 114 - Rent A Forge - 04/26/2022 - 18:38
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 115 - Assessing the Situation - 05/03/2022 - 21:43
- Post:Tuesday Tidings - 116 - Hav'roth's Wroth and Ushnish's Hisses - 05/10/2022 - 11:19
- Post:TT 117 - Something Crafting this way comes to Aesry.... - 05/17/2022 - 14:49
- Post:Aesthene's Close - New Design Materials - 05/20/2022 - 16:28
- Post:Tuesday Tidings 118 - Enchanting Ratha - 05/24/2022 - 19:44