Khri (pronounced 'kree') is a group of Thief abilities that entail heightened concentration to increase awareness and body control. The term "khri" is used for both singular and plural. As per Gonk on 02/06/2019, The word Khri itself was actually a riff/nod to Ki/Chi/Qi.
- Khri is considered an in-game secret, but Simutronics forum policies allow it to be discussed openly on the Forums.
- Each guild leader teaches the full list of khri
- All khri can be stacked together with no limit to how many can be stacked at once. There is no extra concentration cost for stacking multiple khri at once. Starting multiple khri at once has a skill check. The difficulty of activating a khri is affected by the Urban status of the area, and current confidence level. Positive confidence levels will make khri easier to start while a negative confidence level will make it more difficult.
- Generally speaking, you will be able to stand and start tier one at 50 ranks in magic, tier two at 100, tier 3 at 150, tier 4 at 250.
- With 0/5 confidence (neutral, not positive, not negative), tier 3 is able to be started while standing, outside town with just 80 ranks
- Slot progression is the same as other Magic tertiary guilds, 1 slot at 1st circle, 1 slot at 2nd circle then 1 slot every two circles through 102nd circle. After 102nd circle, you will gain 1 slot every 3 levels starting with 105th circle. You will gain a total of 68 slots from circling with an additional bonus slot at 1st circle for Premium subscribers or for Basic (standard) subscribers an additional bonus slot at either 50th circle or 500 ranks of Inner Magic, whichever comes first. With a total of 74 slots required for all Khri and Ambushes, you will not be able to learn every single one.
When khri were rewritten in 2018, all combination effects were moved to individual khri instead. There are no longer combination style effects.
To see what khri you know simply type KHRI by itself.
There are a few ways and options for how to start khri:
- KHRI START <KHRINAME> - Starts the khri immediately.
- KHRI <KHRINAME> <KHRINAME> - Starts the khri immediately.
- You can simultaneously start (Inner Magic/150)+1 khri. However, a limitation of the parser prevents more than 8 arguments to a single command, meaning there is a hard limit of starting 8 khri at once (or 7 in the case of adaptation since it requires a damage type as an argument)
- KHRI DELAY <KHRINAME> <KHRINAME> <KHRINAME> - Starts the khri after a brief delay, but will enhance the ability in most cases.
Unsure if there is a skillcheck involved with delayed start of multiples.
If you are unable to start a particular khri due to it being too difficult, you can kneel/sit/lie down to make it easier. Even when you are able to start a particular khri while standing, you may find that starting it sitting/kneeling still enhances the power of the ability. Most khri require an upfront cost in concentration and a smaller maintenance cost. Some, such as Eliminate require a large upfront cost but no maintenance.
Khri will end naturally after some period of time determined by your skill and the difficulty of the khri. They might also end if you no longer have the concentration to power them. If you want to end a khri manually you can:
- KHRI STOP - Will end all khri.
- KHRI STOP <KHRINAME> - Will end just the specified khri.
Once a khri has ended it will be on a cooldown for a period of time. This can range from 5 seconds to 3 minutes based on your skills and the difficulty of the khri.
Khri that do not continually drain concentration cannot be stopped, but generally the effects of those khri are instantaneous.
It is possible to forget a khri once you have learned it. This ability can be used at a Guildleader and only once every 30 RL days.
The command to forget a khri is:
- ASK <LEADER'S NAME> ABOUT <KHRINAME> UNLEARN
Player Thieves have the ability to teach khri to other player thieves:
- TEACH KHRI <KHRI NAME> TO <PERSON>
Misc Khri commands
There are a few additional commands associated with khri that add additional functionality:
- KHRI CHECK - Will display which khri are running, and which are on cooldown.
- KHRI MEDITATE - Can be used to increase the learning rate of any active khri.
- KHRI MEDITATE - When no khri are active it will reduce any cooldowns.
- KHRI HELP - Will bring up this information to read again.
There are 5 tiers of difficulty, and then Special Khri which have a larger one time concentration cost.
- Tier 1 (8 startup, 2 pulse) : Darken, Focus, Hasten
- Tier 2 (12 startup, 3 pulse): Adaptation, Avoidance, Dampen, Elusion, Harrier, Insight, Plunder, Safe, Sight, Silence, Strike, Sensing, Terrify
- Tier 3 (16 startup, 4 pulse): Cunning, Endure, Flight, Fright, Intimidate, Muse, Prowess, Serenity, Shadowstep, Steady
- Tier 4 (20 startup, 5 pulse): Credence, Guile, Sagacity, Slight,
- Tier 5 (25 startup, 6 pulse): Evanescence
- Special (One time cost): Calm (25), Eliminate (35), Vanish (30)
Khri pulse every 12 seconds. To calculate the Concentration Per Minute (CPM) of the various Khri, multiply the X/pulse cost by 5. i.e. Darken has a startup cost of 8, and a cost-per-pulse of 2. Darken's CPM = 10.
Summary of khri information
|Hasten||khri||utility||Tier 1||1||8 + 2/pulse||Finesse||Chance for a -1/-2 second reduction of roundtime for melee and thrown attacks, disarming traps, picking locks (creature boxes only), and removing/wearing armor in combat|
|Avoidance||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||1||12 + 3/pulse||Finesse||Hasten||+Reflex (stat)|
|Adaptation||khri||warding||Tier 2||1||12 + 3/pulse||Finesse||Hasten||Reduces damage from multiple strikes in a short period of time. Each subsequent strike within the time frame is reduced more than the last.|
|Elusion||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Finesse||Avoidance||+Brawling skill, +Evasion skill|
|Safe||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Finesse||Hasten, 14th circle||+Locksmithing skill, Gives user a chance to dodge a blown trap while opening boxes.|
|Plunder||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Finesse||Hasten||+Thievery skill, +Discipline (stat)|
|Muse||khri||augmentation||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Finesse||+Alchemy Skill, +Engineering Skill|
|Cunning||khri||utility, augmentation||Tier 3||3||16 + 4/pulse||Finesse||Elusion||+Tactics skill, +Charisma (stat), pulsing anti-web/immobilization|
|Flight||khri||augmentation, warding||Tier 3||3||16 + 4/pulse||Finesse||Elusion||+Athletics, Balance heal, chance to catch and return throw a weapon thrown at you|
|Slight||khri||utility||Tier 4||2||20 + 5/pulse||Finesse||Plunder||Reduces chance of getting caught shoplifting (can reduce to zero)|
|Credence||khri||debilitation, area of effect||Tier 4||2||20 + 5/pulse||Finesse||Cunning||Calm all engaged targets.|
|Guile||khri||debilitation, area of effect||Tier 4||2||20 + 5/pulse||Finesse||Plunder||-Evasion skill, all engaged targets.|
|Focus||khri||augmentation||Tier 1||1||8 + 2/pulse||Potency||+Agility (stat)|
|Sight||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||1||12 + 3/pulse||Potency||Focus, 14th Circle||+Perception skill, darkvision|
|Terrify||khri||debilitation||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Potency||Focus||Single target immobilize.|
|Calm||khri||utility||Tier 2||2||25||Potency||Focus, 14th||Indiscriminate self dispel.|
|Insight||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Potency||Sight||+First Aid, +Outdoorsmanship|
|Intimidate||khri||debilitation||Tier 3||1||16 + 4/pulse||Potency||Terrify||Prevents engagement|
|Serenity||khri||warding||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Potency||Calm, 30th||SvS barrier vs Will.|
|Fright||khri||augmentation||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Potency||Intimidate||+Debilitation skill, +Intelligence (stat)|
|Eliminate||khri, shield ignoring, armor ignoring||debilitation||Tier 3||2||35||Potency||Prowess, 60th||Attacks using Small Edged weapons ignore enemy's armor and shield. Lasts about 10 seconds.|
|Prowess||khri||debilitation, area of effect||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Potency||Focus, Circle 14||-Tactics skill, -Reflex (stat), -Offensive Factor, Tactics is PvP only, OF is PvE only|
|Endure||khri||augmentation, utility||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Potency||Calm||+Stamina (stat)|
|Steady||khri||augmentation||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Potency||Prowess||+Bows skill, +Crossbows skill, +Heavy Thrown skill, +Light Thrown skill, faster aim|
|Sagacity||khri||warding||Tier 4||1||20 + 5/pulse||Potency||Serenity, Level 40||Non-ablative, percentage barrier to physical damage.|
|Vanish||khri||utility||Special||2||30||Subtlety||Silence, 45th||Instant invisibility and retreat|
|Darken||khri||augmentation||Tier 1||1||8 + 2/pulse||Subtlety||+Stealth skill|
|Harrier||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||1||12 + 3/pulse||Subtlety||Darken||+Strength (stat)|
|Dampen||khri||utility, warding||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Subtlety||Darken||Decrease stealth hindrance, anti-locate barrier, blocks hunt|
|Silence||khri||utility||Tier 2||2||12 + 3/pulse||Subtlety||Darken||Pulsing invisibility.|
|Strike||khri||augmentation||Tier 2||3||12 + 3/pulse||Subtlety||Darken, Circle 13||+Backstab skill, +Large Blunt skill, +Large Edged skill, +Polearms skill, +Small Blunt skill, +Small Edged skill, +Staves skill, +Twohanded Blunt skill, +Twohanded Edged skill, held weapon only|
|Shadowstep||khri||utility||Tier 3||2||16 + 4/pulse||Subtlety||Dampen||decrease advance time while hidden, 0RT sneaking in town|
|Sensing||khri||utility||Tier 3||3||16 + 4/pulse||Subtlety||Dampen||remote view of neighboring room, passive spot on hidden|
|Evanescence||khri||utility, warding||Tier 5||2||24 + 6/pulse||Subtlety||Invisibility on receiving a sufficiently damaging strike|
Related Forum Posts
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Khri"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Khri Adaptation
- Khri Avoidance
- Khri Calm
- Khri Credence
- Khri Cunning
- Khri Dampen
- Khri Darken
- Khri Eliminate
- Khri Elusion
- Khri Endure
- Khri Evanescence
- Khri Flight
- Khri Focus
- Khri Fright
- Khri Guile
- Khri Harrier
- Khri Hasten
- Khri Insight
- Khri Intimidate
- Khri Muse
- Khri Plunder
- Khri Prowess
- Khri Safe
- Khri Sagacity
- Khri Sensing
- Khri Serenity
- Khri Shadowstep
- Khri Sight
- Khri Silence
- Khri Slight
- Khri Steady
- Khri Strike
- Khri Terrify
- Khri Vanish