DragonRealms Updates (2019)
|1998 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021|
Changes to the game during the 2019 calendar year.
- House of the Revenant Fang 429 event from January 18th to the 27th
- ForgeBinding system released
- AutoLoot system released
- Iyqaromos Fire-Lens released
- Dazzle updated - changes to Potency advantage and casting restrictions
- Rested Experience is introduced
- Dinazen Olkar updated - damage now fluctuates in power based on astrological factors
- Dragon's Breath accuracy increased, letting its shots always behave as if fully targeted.
- Magical research timers reduced on some options:
- Fundamental Research now requires 5 minutes to complete (down from 15 minutes)
- Mana Stream Theory now requires 5 minutes to complete (down from 15 minutes)
- High-Energy Spellcasting now requires 7.5 minutes to complete (down from 10 minutes)
- Augmentation, Utility and Warding take 10 minutes to complete (down from 20 minutes)
- Additionally, Manifest Force and Gauge Flow scrolls sold in Crossing now have reduced Arcana requirements
- Item dyeing updates. 
- Many un-altered weapons, and a few un-altered armors, are now dye-able in a dye tub. In most cases this will be play and find out to see what can be done. One notable example is nightmare black leathers can be dyed. Once dyed, these items are considered altered and cannot be dyed again.
- You should now be able dye and re-dye crafted items. If a crafted item doesn't want to dye, use a cleaning cloth to set it to appearance "1 - a crafted thing" and try to put it in the tub again.
- When crafted runestones are available through Enchanting, they will be able to be dyed once only. Non-crafted runestones sold in the game today cannot be dyed.
- Artificing discipline available in the Prime test instance
- Release of Bank verb and Urchin Runners
- Release of Family Vaults
- Release of Tool Catalogs
- Memory orbs of the same skill can be COMBINED.
- Crossing to Muspar'i Airship starts service (free)
- RUNTIME command that tracks the game's recent crashes/restarts released
- Skill/Stat (including crafting skills) bonus buff limits extended from 20% to 30%
- The Team Player and Group Support magic feats have been retired.
- Necromancers are now treated as any other guild in terms of player vs. player conduct and policy - including consent and harassment
- Non-perverse Necromancers now have the option to select a PvP Closed stance, Perverse are locked open as long as they choose to be Perverse
- ACCUSE NECRO command has been removed - in its place is a revamped Social Outrage system which automatically increases the social outrage of a Forsaken necromancer in any justice zones, which thereby increases the likelihood of being arrested or purged by the Hounds of Rutilor
- Return of the Hounds of Rutilor.
- Changes made to which spells cause Empathic shock. Icutu Zaharenela spell updated to award Empathy experience.
- STOW, DUMP, EMPTY now have a new FEET and HELP options.
- Segue ability released for Bards.
- Artificing and sigil harvesting released to Prime.
- TOGGLE HIDELOGIN released to hide your character's game-wide login and logout messaging from other players.
- Magic QoL updates
- Cyclic Spells:
- Trader Caravan route updates
- Hibarnhvidar Enchanting Society opens north of Hibarnhvidar's MAMAS Company!
- QoL changes to sigil book color customization and size purchased in enchanting societies.
- Hunting area updates 1.
- Necromantic Glass Orbs have been changed such that all guilds can use them, the constructs no longer attack everything in a room and they also no longer lock the user in PvP Open 
- Tokka Cards and Divination Bowls work again.
- Repeat steal timer and clan justice fixed to punish the crime of thievery. 
- FLAGS and TOGGLE commands get two new options for customizing descriptions:
- HIDEPRESTRINGS: Removes other players' titles from room LOOKs and the room window.
- HIDEPOSTSTRINGS: Removes other players' post strings and shortens status indicators from room LOOKs and the room window.
- Weapon straps expanded to include weapons regardless of size, to allow them to be shoulder worn.
- Su Helmas: Seeds of Entropy
- Update to Ranger companions that decreases rate of decay of Wilderness bonus
- Heroic Strength and Courage rewrites
- Box office quests (not microtransaction events) shut down for the forseeable future.
- WARN command update adds ingame ability to check your account history for instances of Warn/Caution.
- JUSTICE command now outputs a more granular view of your Social Outrage in all provinces, somewhat similar to how PRAY works for Divine Outrage (but with less mystery about how to interpret the output).
- Hollow Eve 432
- Armor flares no longer cause Empathic Shock
- Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze 432
- Feature compacts introduced at Corn Maze 432. Allows you to save and swap your permanent features.
- Pilgrim's badge compatibility expanded.
- New favor altars for Therengia, Ilithi, Qi'Reshalia, Forfedhdar.
- Trader magic review of Trabe Chalice, Arbiter's Stylus, Regalia, Starcrash, Stellar Collector, Blur, Avren Aevareae, Mask of the Moons, The Negotiants and tessera.
- Glyph of Warding update.
- Velakan pearl introduced at Hollow Eve and Corn Maze 432.
- New auction-level materials introduced via player contest: asharsh'dai, dawnfire steel, hiromin, Velakan starsteel, irinai, ixaemite, maelstone, haizeebo, stormwood 
- Chris' Mass Festival 433 is available to all from the TGS in Crossing
- Post:Necromancer_Policy_&_System_Changes_(Please Read)_-_05/07/2019_-_16:02
- Post:Necromancer Policy & System Changes (Please Read) - 05/09/2019 - 18:26
- Post:Empath Shock-Related Updates - 05/25/2019 - 14:17
- Post:Empath Shock-Related Updates - 05/25/2019 - 15:16
- Post:Update to Glass Orbs - 08/10/2019 - 23:04