|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
The giant bear's hypnotic effect of swinging its head from side to side is dispelled when you realize that you have encountered a foe with sharp claws, powerful jaws, and quick reflexes.
Introduced in Tuesday Tidings 20.
- Giant bears inhabit a rocky pass in the foothills along the Journalai Route, west of Kaerna Village. Their home is a small, outside, four-room area nestled between the rock trolls in the Journalai Route, Rocky Pass (CLIMB the tumbled BOULDERs to enter/exit) and the onyx gargoyle infested Wooded Hills (CLIMB the HILLSIDE to enter/exit).
- The area is suitable for foraging, but it is not suitable for lumberjacking, or mining.
- Familiars are unable to enter the bears' habitat. PERCEIVE: You feel something about this area will repel familiars.
April 4, 2021, adjusted optimal skill cap from 250 min. and 330 max., to 210 min. and 290 max. Learning beyond 290 is far from ideal. The minimum cap; however, likely needs better evaluation by someone with lower combat skills.
- Weapons: skills at 220 (400 Mastery) rarely miss and mindlock reasonably well (04/20/2021).
- Defenses: Skills in the 290s allow for safe hunting while engaged with four at once but learning is less than desirable. Admittedly shield at 297 mindlocked after 90 minutes, but defending at 297, armors at 293 and evasion at 302 did not. (04/20/2021).
- As of Dec 17, 2020, as an armor tertiary with 330 ranks of evasion, learning rate sits at 1/34 with 4 on me.
- Jan 18th, 2021, survival secondary, evasion slow to get off dabbling at 294 ranks, probable softcap about 300.
- Jan 23rd, 2021, evasion now at 300, rarely gets off dabbling but gives near-full exp pulses compared to armor well off dabbling, armor secondary still moving all armor skills (clownsuit) well 280-294. Might bump it up to 310.
- Targeted Magic: mindlocked at 288 after 48 kills over about as many minutes. (04/20/2021).
- Debilitation: mindlocked at 304 after 20-30 minutes of Electrostatic Eddy constantly pulsing 4 bears. (04/20/2021).
- Tactics: mindlock at 351 (04/20/2021). Continue to mindlock through 366. Hard cap (0/34) at or before 371 (04/29/2021).
- Skinning: Mostly perfect parts, bones and pelts and quick locking with ARRANGE ALL at 367 (04/20/2021). Continues to mindlock through 382 (04/29/2021).
APPRAISE CAREFUL info:
At 212 SE, 250 evasion, 215 other defenses, 50 ref 40 agi:
- Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a reinforced cougar-hide targe and a darkstone stiletto, you are certain that the giant bear is a relatively easy opponent (-7).
- Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a darkstone stiletto, you are certain that the giant bear is a creature completely beneath your notice (-10).
- If you attacked with a darkstone stiletto, you are certain that the enemy would train somewhat poorly (3/7).
- If you threw the stiletto at the enemy you are certain that it would train exceptionally well, but you probably won't be landing many blows (7/7).
- If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably (4/7).
- If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably (4/7).
- If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well (5/7).
- If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train somewhat poorly (3/7).
- If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably (4/7).
- Strength - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Agility - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Discipline - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Reflex - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Stamina - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- it is wearing nothing.
- it is carrying nothing.
- Spawn: A giant bear stands up on its hind legs and sniffs inquisitively at the air.
- Entrance 1: A giant bear lumbers in.
- Entrance 2: A giant bear saunters in, swinging its head from side to side.
- Exit: A giant bear saunters <direction>.
- Death: A giant bear growls one last time and collapses.
- Decay: A giant bear rots away into nothingness.
- Other: A giant bear rears up on its hind legs and growls.
Inspecting the giant bear, you can easily see where its name came from, as it towers over you.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are not known to carry loot in locked boxes.