Giant mechanical mouse
Although superficially resembling a gigantic mouse, the mechanical mouse is clearly a machine. It moves, about on large wheels set underneath the dome-like metallic body that emits constant machine sounds.
- WARNING! Special materials introduced at the Drathrok's Duskruin 422 event are needed to effectively fight these creatures.
- These creatures flex to the skill of the character they first "fixate" on.
- Although special material parry sticks are not completely ignored (like non-special material sticks), they are not as effective at parrying as they should be. A hand held weapon (regardless of the weapon's balance) is more successful.
- The giant mechanical mice hunting ground can be found down the narrow trail on the Northern Trade Route, SW, S, S, SE from the forest path leading to Faenrae Reavers.
- Items must be atleast 67% special material (see discussion).
- Armor need not be made of special material [Learning is fine. Protection needs more evaluation].
- Weapons not made from haledroth, fulginode, crystal-bone, or finivire are highly ineffective at damaging giant mechanical mice. Strikes with them mostly result in glancing, brushing, ineffective, gentle, harmless, and similar blows.
- Giant mechanical mice are effectively immune to targeted spells cast without a TM focus made from haledroth, fulginode, crystal-bone, or finivire. For example:
- The ball of fire explodes harmlessly against a giant mechanical mouse's body. Resulting in, The mechanical mouse has no injuries.
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: NONE.
- ARRANGE INFO: The mouse cannot be skinned, so you can't arrange it either.
- Spawn: The sound of steady ticking precedes a giant mechanical mouse as it enters the area.
- Entrance: A giant mechanical mouse scampers into the area, wire whiskers bristling.
- Exit: A giant mechanical mouse skitters <direction>, whipping its metallic tail in agitation.
- Death1: A loud clang reverberates as a giant mechanical mouse explodes in a storm of metallic cogs, gears, and fragments.
- Decay: A gust of wind scatters the disordered pile of metal fragments away.
A giant mechanical mouse appears to be held together with mechanical though tenuous joints, powered with steam, and given a rudimentary intelligence through some sort of ancient magic.
You recall everything noteworthy about a giant mechanical mouse... which is apparently nothing.