The FORAGE command is used to search out a single item from the surroundings based on the Outdoorsmanship skill.
- FORAGE will forage for a random item available in the room.
- FORAGE <ITEM> will forage only for the specified <ITEM>.
- FORAGE <ITEM> CAREFUL
- FORAGE <ITEM> PRECISE
CAREFUL searches for a higher quality example of the foraged item, and thus has a slightly higher level of difficulty, higher quality herbs, and gives a longer roundtime. Survival tertiary guilds cannot use the CAREFUL option.
PRECISE is similarly more difficult, with an even longer roundtime than CAREFUL, and results in an even higher quality herbs. The more Outdoorsmanship skill you have, the better quality item you will find. Survival primary guilds, Empaths, and those with the Remedial Herb Gathering technique can use the PRECISE option.
The order of quality from lowest to highest is as follows: COLLECT, FORAGE, FORAGE CAREFUL, FORAGE PRECISE.
- FORAGE results in 4 seconds.
- FORAGE CAREFUL results in 7 seconds.
- FORAGE PRECISE results in 10 seconds.