Glyph of Warding
|Type / Skill:||glyph / -|
|Description:||This glyph, when traced on a dead body, allows a Paladin to protect a dead person's items when they depart for a limited period of time. When the owner TAPs the glyph his possessions will automatically be worn. A Paladin can retrace the glyph to see how much time is left, and if there are fewer than two minutes remaining the glyph will be refreshed. When traced on a living person, this glyph prevents an assailant from aiming ranged weapons or targeting spells.|
|Effect:||-1 favor cost to all depart options (when departing without items, touch the glyph to instantly recover items); hinders assailant's ability to aim or target|
|Messaging:|| Paladin sees: You trace the glyph of warding around <player>'s dead body!|
Others see: <Paladin> traces the glyph of warding over <player>'s body until a soft red glow appears.
Upon departing: The warding glyph flares into a brilliant red light as it settles over <player>'s remains, protecting them.
- Syntax: GLYPH WARD <BODY|ASSAILANT>
- Quest granted by any guildleader.
- Duration is dependent on Conviction.
- Modest soul pool cost when used on the living (can preemptively apply the grave warding effect).
- When cast upon a PC, the glyph prevents them from using AIM and TARGET but not FIRE and CAST. It can be powerful in the right context since it prevents the accuracy bonuses from targeting and aiming and forces a "snap-shot" but doesn't literally prevent ranged attacks. (forum post)