|Established: Imperial times, sometime prior to 500 BL|
|Alternate Names: Darkstone; Darkstone Town|
|Dominant Race: None|
|Dominant Guild: None|
|Government: Dirge Council|
|Guild Halls: None|
|Patron Deity: Botolf|
|Warnings: Lesser skeletons and corpse grubs ocassionaly roam near town square|
OverviewSeven Starred Empire and had a trade road going directly to Throne City. Today, it is known as Dirge, following the explosion of the Greater Fist in 277 AV, during which Darkstone and the Alshaerd estates were destroyed.
Description from HELP CITIES: Dirge, or as it was once known, Darkstone Town, is now in a sad state of ruin and lawlessness due to volcanic activity in the not-too-distant past that wiped out direct caravan access to the town as well as most of its farmlands, productivity and population. Now mainly a hiding place for criminals, thieves and other ne'er-do-wells, few decent people ever make the arduous journey there.
Play.net Description: Living in the shadow of active volcano Greater Fist, Dirge is a bleak grey city of stern, hardened, determined people. Yet underneath the ash and rubble lies a once-charming village waiting to be discovered.
Government, history, and background
Was recently governed by the Dirge Council, which was formally led by Mordiazi Neus and other Player Characters. Since that organization has faded away, no information about Dirge's present government has been released.
- 600 BL -- The reign of Qoemeth begins. When 25, Empress Qoemeth asked the Compact to open a tomb to the west of Darkstone which the War Mages couldn't get into. They did it and recovered some artifacts, the records of which have been lost.
- 418 BL -- The Gorbesh occupy the Imperial City of Darkstone
- 415 BL -- Emperor Vithwok of Kermoria leads an assault to retake Darkstone; the Gorbesh are victorious
- 411 BL -- Gnomic prophets decree that the Bloodworm Comet will soon fill the skies again
- 411 BL -- Admiral Xireshi is ordered to return to Albaria will all haste, withdrawing from Darkstone
- 239 BL -- Darkstone falls to Teiro during the Resistance War
- 236 BL -- Darkstone is taken by Lanival during the Resistance War.
- In 106 AV Zoluren and Therengia fall into dipute over the borders of their provinces. This becomes known as the Faldesu Conflict and fighting erupts near Sicle Grove. A summit is held in Darkstone which results in a successful treaty.
- Temple of the Volcano
Unique shops and services
- Divorce Blades can be obtained from the acolyte in the tent inside the town's Temple of the Volcano.
- Iron Mountain Weapons - Best storebought light-edged weapon for backstabbing, the stout short sword.
- Prayer Beads available near Temple
- Ahnglor's General Store
- Darkstone Inn
- Garn the Grocer
- Iron Mountain Weapons
- Scorched Earth - home fireplaces and stoves
Bars, inns, and taverns
Inside the gate of souls offers a Ushnish altar.
Kaerna village offers a Damaris altar.
|Task Giver||Location||Task Types|
- Graphical Layout Of Zoluren
- Graphical Layout of Dirge
- Dirge and Surrounds
- Map of Darkstone and the Northern Trade Route by The Conciliar Government of Darkstone
Dirge is believed to be the favored city of Botolf, who frequently visits.