Most targeted spells have no prep time and don't need to be PREPAREd at all. Some spells can't fine target specific body parts (like eyes).
Targeting a spell changes the message you will see when the spell is ready to cast. The spell is ready when you receive the message that the formation of the targeting pattern has completed.
With a Prepared Spell
- TARGET: will default to the creature you are facing
- TARGET <player>: must have a name to target PC to prevent accidentally attacking people
- TARGET <ordinal> <creature>: Can target something you're not facing. Ordinal is optional.
- TARGET <player/creature> <location>: target specific body areas on the indicated victim
- TARGET <location>: target indicated body area on the target you are facing
- TARGET [(area|all)|creatures|engaged]: when you are intending to attack [Everything and everyone | Only creatures | Only things that are engaged to you]
Valid locations include head, right/left eye, neck, right/left arm, right/left hand, chest, abdomen, back, right/left leg. Some creatures may have other names for these locations.
Without a Prepared Spell
- TARGET <spell>: targets facing critter at min mana. If you're not facing anything, auto face the first critter in the room.
- TARGET <spell> <mana> AT <area/creature/player>: mana and creature/player are both optional. Can't fine target with this option.
With a prepared spell
TARGET: targets the prepared spell at the creature you are currently facing.
TARGET GOBLIN: targets the prepared spell at the first goblin in the room.
TARGET RIGHT ARM: targets the prepared spell at the right arm of the victim you are facing.
TARGET GOBLIN RIGHT ARM: targets the prepared spell at the right arm of the first goblin in the room.
Without a prepared spell
TARGET FS: will prep the Fire Shard spell at min and begin targeting what you're facing.
TARGET FS 15 AT GOBLIN: will prep spell at 15 and begin targeting the first goblin in the room.
TAR CL 40: Targeting all engaged
You begin to weave mana lines into a targeting pattern centered around yourself that is designed to strike the avenues of attack around you.
TAR CL 40 AT CREATURE: Targeting all creatures
You begin to weave mana lines into a targeting pattern centered around yourself, seeking out anything obviously hostile around you.
TAR CL 40 AT AREA: Targeting everything:
You begin to weave mana lines into an all-inclusive targeting pattern centered around yourself.
>target hog You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a musk hog.
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a musk hog has completed.