This skill was released in Platinum & Prime in 427 (April 30, 2018) along with an updated Smite system.
This is a Paladin-only skill that will power existing soul-related abilities and be used "as a bridge to giving Paladins active ways to leverage & train their armor ranks."
This skill was originally called Endurance and was proposed to counter damaging status effects, but on 3/23/2015, GM Raesh wrote:
- "The Paladin Guild Skill is a big part of the design I'm working on, but I would be shocked if it keeps the name and concept of Endurance.
- I think Paladins will be in a significantly better place once the barrier review is finished and they have a functional guild skill (Tentatively renamed asceticism) and revamped soul system.
- In very broad terms I'm looking to revamp the existing soul system (including glyphs, smite, etc) to be powered by "Endurance" (Almost certain to be renamed - I'm in favor of Asceticism) and use that skill as a bridge to giving Paladins active ways to leverage & train their armor ranks."
Ways to train the Conviction Skill:
Circle requirement for Paladins are on the following schedule:
- 1-10th: 3 ranks per circle
- 11-70th: 4 ranks per circle
- 71-150th: 5 ranks per circle
- 151+: 13 ranks per circle
Spells and abilities that boost Conviction
Spells and abilities that decrease Conviction