|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||30 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Description:||The Shadow Servant spell summons a great hulking brute of a spirit creature, too stupid to serve as a bodyguard but suitable as a beast of burden. Give an item to a Servant, and it will carry it for you until you ask for its return. To see what it's carrying at any time, you must cast Piercing Gaze on the Servant."
"It will follow you faithfully, but slowly, until you release it.
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
With nothing more spectacular than a soft grunt of surprise, a sluggish Shadow Servant appears.
- A portable vault. To see what it is holding, cast Piercing Gaze on it. To have it hold an item, give <item> to servant. To retrieve an item, ask servant for <item>.
- The servant can carry 10 items, but this can be increased by putting things in a container and then giving the container to the servant. Total number of items, including those in containers, that your servant can carry is half of your Primary Magic skill skill with a maximum of 300 items at 600PM.
- The servant will reject an item upon GIVE if it is over the limit. 'The Servant ignores your offer and instead makes a face at you that's half yawn, half belch and all nauseating.'
- A servant will not accept a container holding another container holding yet another container. For instance, if you give a backpack full of boxes to the servant, if one of those boxes happens to hold any type of container, the servant will reject it.
- The servant will digest some items rather than store them, such as single pelts, foragables and cambrinth. 'It swallows the bunny in one mighty gulp.' It was also found that servants will digest ingots used for forging.
- The more weight the servant is carrying, the slower it moves. Casting the spell with more mana increases the servant's speed.
- The servant can be dismissed with release servant or by logging out. Shadow Servants are no longer capable of losing items when they are dismissed inappropriately or dropping items. They will not give you items if it will put you over your item limit.
- The adjective you get (e.g., "a grumpy Shadow Servant," "a looming Shadow Servant," etc.) is based on the letters in your character's name and never changes. Possible adjectives include (incomplete list): brooding, cantankerous, disagreeable, gloomy, glowering, grumpy, hunchbacked, indolent, lethargic, looming, lugubrious, misshapen, morose, obstreperous, ornery, ponderous, sluggish, sulking, sullen, surly.
- You can push servant to push your servant through a Moongate or other portal if you don't want to wait for it to catch up to you.
Please see Shadow Servant Alterations for guidelines.