Beckon the Naga
|Prerequisites:||70th circle, Blessing of the Fae, and Breath of Storms|
|Mana Type:||Elemental Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / targeted, heavy offensive|
|Prep (min/max):||30 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC, Creature|
|Description:||This spell summons the physical presence of a lesser naga, charming it so that it will fight a foe of your choosing for a brief time. Nagas are creatures that dwell outside of the normal realm of existence, but when they manifest themselves they become glittering serpents composed of sound and magic. Though of the lesser variety, do not underestimate the power that the naga can wield -- its attacks are ones of pure sound, and it is not so easily dispatched.
Take care, for the charm is not ironclad, and a naga controlled in this manner may pose threat even to yourself.
|Effect:||Impact damage, Summon a lesser naga to attack your foe. Uses Heavy TM timer.|
|Example Messaging:||Your mind latches onto something moving just under the surface of the air, beckoning it into physicality and siccing it on a red-gold scaled atik'et.
The air bubbles in a line between you and the scaled atik'et, intensifying as it travels forward. A nacreous lesser naga lurches into visibility, tatters of pastel colors wrapped around its serpentine length like a second skin. A sublime, sibilant melody fills the area.
Moving in gracefully, a nacreous lesser naga weaves mindbending cacophony into its war chant, letting loose an ear-shattering shriek directed at a red-gold scaled atik'et. A red-gold scaled atik'et fails to dodge, only slightly avoiding the blow. The blast of sound lands a very heavy hit that thumps painfully off the side of the neck, stunning it!
Moving with powerful grace, a nacreous lesser naga rises up in a din of chaotic noises, letting loose an ear-shattering shriek directed at a red-gold scaled atik'et. A red-gold scaled atik'et attempts to evade, avoiding only some of the blow. The blast of sound lands a massive strike that purples its left forearm with a bruise in the shape of the blast of sound!
Moving fluidly, a nacreous lesser naga redoubles its ethereal song as it undulates, letting loose an ear-shattering shriek directed at a red-gold scaled atik'et. A red-gold scaled atik'et fails to evade, avoiding only some of the blow. The blast of sound lands a very heavy hit that rips the top layer of skin from its chest and exposes underlying muscle, stunning it!
A nacreous lesser naga disappears in a rupture of sound and color as its song ends.
- The duration and thus the number of attacks the lesser naga makes depends on the mana used.
- The naga will attack a second random foe if the first dies before the effect runs out.
- If there are no more targets remaining after the lesser naga's current target dies then it will turn on you. The spell's charm effect is also turned on you causing you to be unable to retreat from the lesser naga, although attacking it is possible.
- The appearance of the lesser naga varies randomly from cast to cast and does not appear to be tied to the caster. Possible adjectives include:
- bright-scaled, glittering, iridescent, jewel-toned, lustrous, nacreous, pellucid, rainbowed, shimmering, soft-hued, transparent