|Prerequisites:||Paralysis, ability to Shift, minimum level of Empathic shock|
|Mana Type:||Life magic|
|Spell Type:||cyclic / targeted|
|Prep (min/max):||15 / 45|
|Skill Range (min/max):||400 / 1250|
|Valid Spell Target:||PC, Creature|
|Pulse Timing:||30 seconds|
|Description:||"The Khalaen accuse us of basest immorality, but we are tired of walking small lest someone judge us. We are sick of having to be squeaky clean healers! This is our answer, our weapon..."
Icutu Zaharenela turns the esteemed Empathic Touch into something deadly and, depending on whom you ask, treacherous. It is not for the weak of stomach, as those who look hopefully to you for healing will find pain instead. Knowledge of Shifting and Paralysis, as well as a certain degree of empathic insensitivity, is required for this spell.
|Effect:||Slice damage, Cold damage, converts TOUCH into an attack|
Your empathic shock makes the spell slightly more pliable.
Monstrous feelings of cold-bloodedness uncoil from within, taking root in places where your empathy has receded. Their physical echoes are concentrated most in your hands, and you immediately recognize the onset of an abnormal arthritis.
Your hands throb with pain!
Pain blossoms within you, your empathic shock deepening, but you compose yourself.
- Requires some level of Empathic Shock to permanently memorize from a scroll.
- At minimum shock, Icutu Zaharenela is esoteric in difficulty which means it is extremely difficult and mana-expensive. Deeper Shock eases both of those, down to below advanced spell levels at complete insensitivity.
- The Prep and Skill Range in the table above are for the esoteric levels at minimum shock.
- Converts the TOUCH command into a Targeted Magic skill attack preventing the use of TOUCH to initiate an empathic link!
- Causes minor internal wounds to your hands.
- Justice charges from this spell trigger on actual attacks via TOUCH. However, it is considered "necro-looking" for the purposes of ACCUSE as there is a change to the character's appearance in LOOK - PLAYER has a ghoulish grey pallor, his/her hands bent into arthritic claws. May cause Social Outrage in towns.
- Touching (the living or undead) with IZ inflicts shock at the same rate as any other damaging spell, but without the associated stun.
- Touching constructs does not inflict shock.
- When Absolution is in effect, touching the undead with IZ does not inflict shock.
- If your brawling skill is good enough, including any modification from Aggressive Stance, then you will have reduced roundtimes. This does not improve the damage or accuracy of the touch attack.
- "Icutu zaharenela" is either Elvish for "aging touch," or perhaps more poetically, "touch of the old woman." This is likely a reference to Asketi, Hodierna's dark aspect, as she is often represented as an old hag or crone.