- This article is incomplete, which means that while it is not a stub, it still lacks certain data or information.
- Infobox entry on minimum duration
- Please see Category:Incomplete articles for more articles that are incomplete.
|Ward Slots:||This spell uses 1 ward slot when cast by Traders, 2 ward slots for everyone else.|
|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / warding|
|Prep (min/max):||5 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||Unknown minutes /|
|Description:||Known for its versatility and capacity to store energies, Iridius crystal in the proper configuration is an excellent means to blunt elemental forces. The Iridius Rod allows a magician to construct a "lightning rod" of Iridius crystal and bring it with them on telekinetic currents. Elemental attacks that threaten to injure the magician first must overwhelm the capacity of their rod to absorb such attacks, very similar to how the Trabe Chalice protects against kinetic force and physical trauma.
On its own, this spell constructs a rod of imperfect Iridius that will only absorb fire and electrical energy. However, if constructed under the effect of the Enrichment spell it will use perfected Iridius, capable of also absorbing excess cold.
|Effect:||Elemental damage reduction. Ablative barrier.|
|Example Messaging:||1st person:|
Appears in LOOK.
- You see: An airborne rod of conductive Iridius crystal maintains its position precisely <number> inches behind you.
- Others see: An airborne rod of green-whorled golden crystal maintains its position at a fixed distance behind <Player>.
- Only full preparation is allowed.
- Cannot be released.
- Replace casts will only repair the barrier if the rod has broken down or if the new rod is stronger. The duration will be refreshed regardless, however.
- Requires unobscured starlight, an unobscured bright moon (Xibar or Yavash), or Starlight Aura.
- While Enrichment is active, Iridius Rod will become resistant to cold damage as well.
- Rod integrity levels, from highest to lowest: