|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||30 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||61 minutes / Unknown minutes|
|Description:||Of all the Fabrication substances invented, Iridius crystal is perhaps the most versatile. It takes well to many shapes and purposes, including the collection and storage of starlight energy. The Stellar Collector apparatus is a highly useful application of this crystal, but it requires some sort of psychic transducer to sieve essence from light.
The crystal's namesake, Iridius the Guide, was a priest-turned-demonologist of some infamy during the glory days of Throne City. What makes him interesting to Traders is his ahead-of-his-time research into a fanciful yellow-green crystal to which he attributed numerous uses. There are no records of him successfully creating such a thing -- he wasn't even a Lunar magician. Still, his descriptions bore striking resemblance to what is possible today. Any further information on Iridius himself that might have survived is kept under lock and key by the overlords of Throne City's carcass.
|Effect:||Allows collection and storage of starlight energy|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture.
Striated green and yellow lights pool in your palm, immiscible like oil and water, and you concentrate on drawing them together.
Crystals begin to form within the lights you are holding, but then disperse into gaseous sparkle.
With a hammer blow of your will, the lights you are holding meld, reorder, and crystallize into a roughly shaped hoop, thickening with inward branches until only a tiny gap is left in the center.
Your Stellar Collector spell dissipates.
You sense that your Stellar Collector has reached full capacity.
- Requires unobscured starlight.
Requires a clear tessera to functonNo longer requires a tessera.
The tessera needs to be placed inside the apparatus in order to work.
- Duration and charge percentage show up in the active spell window.
- Recasting the spell will refresh the duration and retain the charge. This can be done even with the apparatus in another room.
- Will cause a stun and damage to anyone besides the trader who tries to pick it up
- STUDY:You think you can PUT something tiny in the apparatus, DROP the apparatus to let it start collecting starlight, or INVOKE it to take its collected starlight.
- DROP:You find someplace to hide your spun glass apparatus, making sure it still sees the sky. You drop a virescent yellow spun glass apparatus.
- DROP: (without a Tessera)You find someplace to hide your spun glass apparatus, though you realize it will need some sort of psychic transducer to sieve essence from light.
- INVOKE:With an instinctive, sharp inhalation, you draw the entirety of the apparatus's collected power into your starlight aura!
- When invoked will only consume enough charge to max out your aura.
- NOTE It appears that once the Starlight Collector spell wears off, the apparatus can still be picked up, but once you LOOK at it or manipulate it it will disappear.
- IMPORTANT Don't leave the tessera in the Starlight Collector apparatus... you will lose the tessera.