|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / augmentation, debilitation, area of effect|
|Prep (min/max):||10 / 66|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Area|
|Duration (min/max):||2 minutes / Unknown minutes|
|Description:||When cast upon Xibar or Yavash, Avren Aevareae makes it more difficult to stalk, steal or hide. When cast upon Katamba, the reverse is true. Purchased at astronomical cost from the Celestial Compact, this spell has a rigid dependence on moonlight -- one that can be surmounted not by direct starlight, only by its transduced essence.|
|Effect:||+Thievery skill, +Stealth skill, +Light, -Thievery skill, -Stealth skill|
|Example Messaging:||A school of luminescent red jewelfish flickers out from the ground, cavorting and swimming along a gyre that soon implodes them all.
The glare of red luminescence falls upon Bystander.
Shimmering blue unicorn bream rain from above in their hundreds. Leaping as one, they flow into a dense, sparkle-filled shoal.
The glare of blue light falls upon a blood wolf.
Dark bubbles roll out of the ground, bursting to release a rush of shadowy sea welkins that mass together.
You are enfolded in the concealing haze.
|Contest Type:||magic / fortitude|
- Cast target:
- Katamba: +Stealth, +Thievery.
- Xibar/Yavash: -Stealth, -Thievery, light source.
- Aura: +Stealth (group), +Thievery (group), -Stealth (others), -Thievery (others), light source.
- Room wide effect.
- Will act as a light source for dark rooms when cast from starlight or on the bright moons
- This used to be a planned Moon Mage spell.
- Translates to "moon watch" in Gamgweth.
- The starlight option now smartly provides both functions of the spell, buffing your group and debuffing all outside your group. (The moon options will continue to affect everything in the room.)
- If used for breaking and entering, cast in the room you start B&E in. You'll keep the stealth and thievery buff in all rooms of the house you're invading.