There are currently Enchanting Society halls in Crossing, Riverhaven, Shard, Hibarnhvidar, and Fang Cove.
Sigil Gathering Tools
One of the key components of enchanting are sigils.
These can be collected in most rooms across the realms. An overview of the process and sigil types can be found on the Sigil harvesting page. A few may also be purchased from Enchanting Society Crafting Halls.
A sigil-scroll will have 2 metrics that determine the overall quality, Clarity & Precision.
Clarity or Quality is similar to other materials, and will factor into the overall finished quality of your enchanted piece.
Precision is a metric unique to sigils and determines the crafting effectiveness. (GM Kodius post) The precision, used for calculations to determine the potency of an enchantment, will be an average of all the sigils used in your crafting project. For example, let's say you had sigils of 40, 50 & 80 precision, that would create an average functional precision for the project of 170 / 3 = 56 precision. (GM Kodius post)
- Enchanting tools: Burins, founts, loops, and braziers as well as various devices that let NMUs enchant items.
- Ritual Foci and TM Foci (*Potentially Sorcery Foci)
- Runestones/Wands (limited-use magic items containing a single spell)
- Nemirro stones
- Attribute rings
- Retconned Moon Mage enchantments including gweths and gwethsmashers
Foci start with Holy (it is the most difficult). Each type unlocks the crafting ability for Foci of that mana type. Combined Foci allow for multi-mana ritual foci. Weaponized Foci are TM Foci and other things we have in mind. Exotic Foci may refer to Sorcerous Foci someday.
Discussed in detail in Focus (item).
Founts are tools used during enchanting that control how the completed enchantment manages mana. Founts change the complexity (size) of the enchantment. The easier-to-use and longer-lasting enchantments will not "fit" on anything less than a material with high enchantability. In this way, Artificing is like Blacksmithing. They'll be producing the lion's share of tools for the trade.
There will be at least 2 types of runes in the new system.
- Simple Runes - items that when used prepare the spell stored at a fixed prep. They have a discrete number of uses. These will most likely be the actual 'runestone' in game.
- Complex Runes - items that when used prepare the spell stored at a user chosen prep. They have a power level that is depleted with each use by an amount equivalent to the chosen prep. If the user chosen prep is greater than the remained power level, the rune is depleted fully and the spell is not prepared. These can conceivably be made from any item hard and solid enough to contain the conductive strands, like an amulet.
The magic 2.0 type of rune, which blends adjusting power levels with discrete charges, will no longer exist.