| Glass orbs and constructs have undergone a major revision. The main goal of these changes is to give more players a chance to use the items, as well as give players a distinct choice in whether they want to engage with a construct.
Mechanically, we've changed:
- Glass orbs can now be used by all guilds.
- The engagement logic has been reworked so that constructs will only advance on those engaged with themselves or their creator.
- The glass shard and blood drain AoE effects will only hit targets that are engaged with the construct.
- The orbs are still necromantically powered, and guilds such as clerics, paladins, and empaths will have guild-related consequences to summoning one.
- Constructs will not last more than 15 minutes.
- There is now a 24-hour cooldown to use another construct.
- Note, we haven't changed social outrage or crimes generated from using these in a justice zone.
From a Policy perspective:
- Glass constructs will now be treated like every other combat pet when it comes to consent and policy.
- Glass orbs no longer lock their creator PvP Open.
Upgrades to the constructs include:
- Constructs are based on the creator's circle (no longer TM skill). Necromancers summon stronger constructs than other guilds at the same circle.
- We added the ability to THROW them at a target, spawning the construct at melee.
- Breaking a glass orb no longer causes heavy stun and vitality damage. Throwing an orb does have that downside.