|Prerequisites:||Circle 40, Moongate|
|Mana Type:||Lunar Magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||150 / 700|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||Braun's Conjecture is a ritual that adjusts the balance of the caster's conscious mind and their innate planar link. In such a state the caster is able to comprehend and calculate the extremely sophisticated formulae of Enlightened Geometry nearly instantaneously. These calculations are most useful when applied to the advanced forms of divination, though they can also be applied to teleportation. Oddly, this innate understanding does not extend to conventional mathematics.|
|Effect:||Makes teleportation spells easier to cast, reduces the difficulty of using ALIGN Transmogrify and Split, reduces the roundtime of Predict State, removes the penalty for targeting specific skills with predictions.|
|Example Messaging:||You attempt to quiet your mind, focusing on your planar link.|
The mental strain of this pattern is considerably eased by your ritual focus.
Your ritual concludes and you find yourself divided. Corporeally, you remain in the familiar, the abiding. Simultaneously your mind seeks another place, full of stark light and shadow. In this place reality is mutable, distance irrelevant and probability lays splayed about. But there is still law here, a system of geometric truths laid down long ago and writ into the foundation of the plane. As this moment of clarity passes and you struggle to reconcile this duality the Plane of Abiding reasserts its dominance over your mind. Though your awareness has waned, your understanding of the planes remains.
- Teleologic corruption increases the difficulty of casting the spell. The potency and duration of the effect is also further reduced beyond the normal effect at the reduced personal mana cap.
- E.g. if you're normally able to put ~700 mana into the spell without corruption then you will only be able to put ~450 mana into it with capped corruption and the effect will only be that of an ~100 mana cast.
- Affected teleportation spells: Teleport, Moongate, Contingency, and Riftal Summons. Works by increasing the effective mana of your cast, by a maximum of 25%.
- E.g. a 40-mana Riftal Summons under a 700-mana Braun's Conjecture, with no teleological corruption, has the same effect (distance, etc) as a 50-mana Riftal Summons.
- PREDICT STATE roundtime reduction is 1 second per prediction pool perceived.
- ALIGN SPLIT is a binary system so all this spell does is allow you to use it earlier than you would be able to otherwise. This appears to be a flat 20% reduction in the skill required, even at minimum prep.
- ALIGN TRANSMOGRIFY's efficiency is based on skill, so this spell will reduce the loss due to conversion from one prediction pool to another in addition to allowing you to perform the feat earlier than you otherwise would be able to. This appears to be a flat 20% reduction to the skill check, even at minimum prep.