Icy blue ghast
Shimmering shards of pale blue ice borne by rapidly swirling winds form a volatile mantle that shrouds the skeletal frame of the blue ghast. Moving with grace and speed despite its frozen armor, its empty eyes shine with a brilliant sapphirine luminescence. You can just barely make out the outline of fist-size rock hovering within its chest cavity, where a mortal's heart would lie.
According to legend, these ghasts are formed from ice and bone by the chill North Wind to protect the Asketian catacombs. Whether or not this is true is subject to much debate, but there can be no arguing that the ghasts are relentless in their attacks against those who enter the catacombs.
- Frost Scythe
- Veil of Ice
- Ice Patch
- Chill Spirit
- Spell Prep: An icy blue ghast chimes a prayer in a high-pitched crystalline tone.
- There area two routes into ghasts: either going through the Adder's Nest after first using Uncurse on one of several doors protecting that area, or else pulling the sconce in the room northeast of the altar in the Temple of the North Wind will open up a secret door leading directly into the catacombs.
- They are extremely resistant to physical damage, as well as non-holy magic.
- They disappear when killed, leaving behind a brilliant blue crystal or a small blue crystal shard which served as their heart. Although the crystals are worth several gold each, they often break into several smaller shards or shatter completely upon the ghast's death.
- Deeper levels of the catacombs contain stronger ghasts which are also swarmier and more likely to leave intact crystals behind.
- They sometime retreat from combat and stop engaging you directly. Also, if one enters and you do not engage it immediately, they sometimes float to other rooms, seemingly oblivious to you.
- The ghast appears immune to cold, all poisons and unholy attacks.