Before the migration, the Rakash people were in this form as an everyday thing. It wasn't until The World Dragon charred Katamba in a battle against the Gods that the Rakash learned what it was to be without it and to be in their now human like forms that they are use to today. The Rakash of that time prayed to Mrod and he granted them their 'moonskin' form on the next full Katamba. The Rakash continued to change into moonskin at each full Katamba and it recedes at its waning. During this phase, they can communicate better with howls and have more expressive ears and tails. Previously, Rakash could only speak in a growling voice during moonskin. Now that the option is available to Rakash regardless of physical state, growling while speaking is looked at more as a means of expressing strong emotions.
Information on the cultural significance of moonskin and the impact it had on the early Rakash is provided here.
When Katamba waxes full:
- You feel a slight mental tug from the black moon Katamba, which quickly intensifies into an irresistable pull. As you turn your face to the sky, your vision blurs into a red haze and your body begins to convulse in agonized spasms.
- As you regain control of your body -- now covered in fur and powerfully muscled -- you notice that scents are more intense and your vision is sharper, though colors seem washed out.
- A feral look comes over (Rakash) as (his/her) whole body begins to convulse. (His/Her) snout elongates as coarse hair sprouts from (his/her) body. Fingernails extend into razor-like claws as glistening fangs begin to grow.
When Katamba begins to wane:
- You are overcome by a sudden wave of nausea. As you clutch your stomach, trying to hold yourself together, a terrible itching begins at the tips of your fingers and quickly spreads throughout your body. Just as your fur begins to fall out in clumps, dark oblivion washes over you.
- You come to, feeling somewhat weak and shaky, and vulnerable without your claws. But the whole world seems bright, clean and new; colors are brighter and your field of vision is wider.
- Rakash's) fur begins to fall out in clumps. As (his/her) claws retract and (his/her) features begin to take on a Human (if somewhat (whatever skin-tone they have as human)) cast, (Rakash) passes out completely.
Now Rakash can feel the shift coming on:
- Shifting into moonskin:
- Your mental awareness of Katamba slowly waxes as a mild tension builds in your muscles.
- Shifting out of moonskin:
- Your mental awareness of Katamba slowly wanes as a mild tension builds in your muscles.
Record and Prediction Chart
|BEGIN||March 13 2012||0005||CDST||Actual|
|END||March 14 2012||0334||CDST||Lasted 27 hours 29 minutes|
|BEGIN||March 22 2012||0810||CDST||8 days 4 hours 44 minutes downtime|
|END||March 23 2012||1220||CDST||Lasted 28 Hours 10 minutes|
|BEGIN||March 31 2012||1614||CDST||8 days 4 hours 4 minutes downtime|
|END||April 1 2012||2045||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 31 minutes|
|BEGIN||April 10 2012||0100||CDST||8 days 3 hours 15 minutes downtime|
|END||April 11 2012||0430||CDST||Lasted 27 hours 30 minutes|
|BEGIN||April 19 2012||0905||CDST||8 days 4 hours 35 minutes downtime|
|END||April 20 2012||1315||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 10 minutes|
|BEGIN||April 28 2012||1710||CDST||8 days 4 hours 55 minutes downtime|
|END||April 29 2012||2121||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||May 8 2012||0156||CDST||8 days 4 hours 35 minutes downtime|
|END||May 9 2012||0607||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||May 17 2012||1001||CDST||8 days 3 hours 54 minutes downtime|
|END||May 18 2012||1412||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||May 26 2012||1847||CDST||8 days 4 hours 35 minutes downtime|
|END||May 27 2012||2216||CDST||Lasted 27 Hours 29 minutes|
|BEGIN||June 5 2012||0246||CDST||8 days 4 hours 30 minutes downtime|
|END||June 6 2012||0614-0800||CDST|
|BEGIN||June 14 2012||1056||CDST|
|END||June 15 2012||1507||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||June 23 2012||1942||CDST||8 Days 4 hours 35 minutes downtime|
|END||June 24 2012||2353||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||July 3 2012||0347||CDST||8 days 3 hours 54 minutes downtime|
|END||July 4 2012||0758||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||July 12 2012||1152||CDST||8 days 3 hours 54 minutes downtime|
|END||July 13 2012||1603||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||July 21 2012||2038||CDST||8 days 4 hours 35 minutes downtime|
|END||July 23 2012||0049||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 11 minutes|
|BEGIN||July 31 2012||0444||CDST||8 days 3 hours 54 minutes downtime|
|END||August 1 2012||0845||CDST||Lasted 28 hours 2 minutes|
|BEGIN||August 9 2012||1330||CDST||8 days 4 hours 45 minutes downtime|
|END||August 10 2012||1700||CDST||Lasted 27 hours 30 minutes|
- Stopped tracking due to Rakash Early Warning System
- Notes on timings so far
- Time in between shifts(End of last to beginning of next): 7-8 days, 4-6 hours, and 0-18 minutes
- Time of moonskin: Ranges from 27-52 hours and ~45 minutes between beginning and end stuns