|<article> <adjective> rat|
|Look:|| The <adjective> rat looks to be in <condition>.|
It isn't carrying anything at the moment.
|Appraised Cost:|| 1 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Homespun pouch with plush interior lining, Drathrok's Duskruin 435/Incidental loot, Drathrok's Duskruin 422/Incidental loot, Drathrok's Duskruin 419/Incidental loot, Drathrok's Duskruin 419|
The rats can be traded, but it needs to happen while it's inside the sack. When you GET the rat, there'll be a message about it adjusting to you, then you should be the new owner. It was already posted, but to repeat:
>get rat You pluck a stately Ilithic rat from a coarse burlap sack, the creature yawning as you wake it up. The Ilithic rat sniffs you warily, eyeing you suspiciously until it grows more accustomed to your scent and relaxes.
That last line above is the rat recognizing you as the new owner.
Please note that taking the rat out of the sack should be done IMMEDIATELY on transfer to ensure the rat bonds to you as the new owner. Otherwise you risk the rat running back to its previous owner.
Complete the bonding (or transfer of bond) process above before registering your rat.
When registering your rat through the item registration offices, register the rat itself while holding it rather than registering the coarse burlap sack your rat lives in. You may also register the sack separately while empty.
Rats come with a coarse burlap sack where they sleep and hoard items from your inventory. Rats bond to their sack and will refuse to go into a sack that is not theirs. In the event your rat refuses to go into their sack, then CLEANing the sack will clear the bond and allow you to put your rat quietly away.
The appearance of rats obtained from the Duskruin Labyrinth is randomized.
- frostbitten *
- razor-fanged *
- sore-riddled *
- stately *
- alpha *
- Ilithic *
- plague *
- tundra *
- white and grey
* indicates articles/adjectives that were available for a limited time only
You could probably get a <article> <adjective> rat groomed by a special groomer, but groomers are not miracle workers. It will likely still look dirty or grimy, and would probably bite off your hand if you tried putting silly hats or bows on it.
You could probably get it to be less loud by THUMPing it, or you could make it more excited by POKEing it. If you find the <adjective> rat is becoming too annoying, confine it to a designated rat sack. You can't tell anything else about a <article> <adjective> rat.
Potency Crystal Upgrades
Use of a potency crystal allows the <adjective> rat to gain one more combat upgrade.
The <adjective> rat has been upgraded 0 times, and can be upgraded 3 more times.
The next unlock will increase the total number of combat upgrades the <adjective> rat can receive to 6.
You can't tell anything else about a <article> <adjective> rat.
Total number of combat upgrades start at 5, after 3 upgrades it maxes out at 8.
- EAT/LICK: That probably wouldn't be good for your health.
- HUG: You give a <article> <adjective> rat a hug. I'm quite sure that the rat appreciates the sentiment.
- PET/TOUCH: The <adjective> rat submits to your condescending pat, hissing with suppressed irritation at you.
- POKE: You poke briskly at a <article> <adjective> rat, inciting the agitated creature to greater heights of frenetic activity.
- POKE (fully animated): You poke animatedly at the <adjective> rat, but in its agitation, it just bites in a frenzied state back at you.
- RUB: You thoroughly muss the <adjective> rat's fur and it squirms out from under your hand, hissing with restrained ire as it begins to try to attend to its matted fur with an affronted air.
- THUMP: You give the <adjective> rat a solid and warning thump, conveying your displeasure. The rat hisses a bit but seems more quiet and wary around you.
- THUMP (fully subdued): You give the <adjective> rat a solid warning thump, but the poor thing already seems pretty subdued.
- TICKLE: You slide your finger idly along the fur between your <adjective> rat's ears, and the creature flattens them with annoyance but otherwise ignores the caress.
- colorful rat chalk : APPLY to rat to change the article of the rat.
- light rat chalk : APPLY to a rat to change the adjective of the rat.
- heavy rat chalk : APPLY to a rat to change both the article and adjective of the rat.
- stinky rat pomade = a rat who's colder towards you
- balmy rat pomade = a rat who's friendlier towards you
- fizzy rat serum = Increase Attack Power
- greasy rat serum = Increase Attack Speed
- goopy rat serum = Increase Defense Power
- syrupy rat serum = Increase Max HP
- bubbly rat serum = Increase a random eligible stat
- See the main vanity pet page for alteration guidelines.
- If two people are on each other's BEFRIEND list, their rats will not fight.
- If two rats have the same amount of pomades applied to them, they will not fight.