|Prerequisites:||Circle 30, Sanctify Pattern|
|Mana Type:||Holy magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||30 / 200|
|Skill Range (min/max):||250 / 1000|
|Valid Spell Target:||Item|
|Description:||The Osrel Meraud spell is a powerful enchantment that imbues a glass orb bearing the favour of the spell's namesake deity or one of his aspects with holy mana, transforming it into a magical reservoir. If skilled enough, the caster will be able to weave the pattern of other beneficial spells into the orb. These spells will affect the caster, but feed off of the orb as long as it has energy.|
|Effect:||Creates an orb to store cleric buff spells.|
|Example Messaging:||You gesture over the Meraud orb, muttering tones of enchantment!
Crackling waves of brilliant light swirl over the surface of the Meraud orb! It rapidly begins to expand and pulsate as the glassy surface shatters, exploding outward into a roiling ball of light that rises from your palm, into the air!
Refill (Not Full):
- Stores spells and keeps them active until released. Active buffs tied with the orb will show via power perceive. Skill dictates how many spells can be held in the orb at one time. The more spells active in the orb, the faster it depletes its charge and must be infused with more mana to maintain the spells.
- Powered by mana held within orb, can be refilled by casting OM on the orb, or by infusing mana into the orb.
- Only the cleric spells listed below can be stored within the orb.
- Casting OM uses the standard Utility and Holy Magic skill blend to determine how much mana you can use per cast. This applies to the original cast as well refreshing casts.
- OM casts always use 100% of the mana you are able to use to cast.
- The size of the orb (mana capacity) is determined based on your Holy Magic skill when the orb is created.
- Roundtime reduction for casting OM is based on Holy Magic.
- Roundtime reduction for touching or breaking the orb is based on Arcana.
- Infusion loss is reduced by Arcana.
- Arcana is the skill that determines how many spells you can load up into OM.
- At 800 Arcana skill, you infuse with 75% of mana attempted
- Different spells have different, "Orb slots" associated with them, having ritual spells being the largest. Increasing Arcana allows for more spells at once.
- Persistence of Mana, Murulla's Flames, and Sanyu Lyba use the largest number of slots followed by Halo and Benediction. The lowest number of slots are used by all other compatible spells. (See below)
To cast the orb initially the cleric must have a Meraud favor orb in hand, the orb does not need to be filled. Simply Prepare the spell and cast it on the orb. Under the new magic system it requires roughly 220 holy magic to successfully cast.
To tie a spell into the orb prepare the desired spell and then TOUCH ORB
To release a spell tied to the orb simply RELEASE <SPELL>
To release the orb simply RELEASE ORB
To toggle the atmospheric messaging of the orb TAP ORB
To refill the orb, either harness and infuse OM or prep OM and cast orb. Infusions are less efficient than casting.
Spells cast into an orb that can be cast on items, such as Bless and water or Glythtide's Gift and drinks, can be cast on items without interfering with the orb-stored spell.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a pile of cold ashes.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a pile of smoldering ashes.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a nearly burnt-out candle wick.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a half-melted burning candle.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a tall burning candle.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a blazing torch.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a small campfire.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of a roaring bonfire.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of flaming magma pouring through a volcanic crevasse.
- The strength of the sensation evokes the image of torrents of fiery rain falling upon Elanthia from the World Dragon's maw.
The number of spell slots that an orb may carry is dependent upon the Arcana ranks of the caster at the time of casting. Some spells (PoM, SF, and SL) take more than one slot. The in-game capacity descriptions all begin with the phrase "The Pervasiveness of the sensation evokes," and terminate with the phrase stated below according to the Holy Magic ranks at which the orb was cast:
|Holy Magic Ranks||Text Description|
|220||evokes the image of a stream in your mind's eye|
|250||evokes the image of a pond in your mind's eye|
|300||evokes the image of a river in your mind's eye|
|400||evokes the image of a lake in your mind's eye|
|510||evokes the image of a sea in your mind's eye|
|650||evokes the image of an ocean in your mind's eye|
|750||evokes the image of Drogor's deeps in your mind's eye|
|1000||evokes the image of Elanthia's tides rising toward Katamba in your mind's eye|
|1200||evokes the image of the sapphirine planet Merewalda in your mind's eye|
|1400||evokes the image of Alamhif's Bridge arching from the cold seas of Death in your mind's eye|
|1600||evokes the image of the fathomless ebon abysms of the Starry Road in your mind's eye|
You reach out with your senses and see muted (5/21) streams of golden Holy mana radiating through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is somewhat more mana to the southeast, and moderately more mana to the northeast.
You sense your Osrel Meraud spell linking you to a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light, which should last until you release it.
You sense the Centering spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
You sense the Shield of Light spell upon you, which is linked to your Osrel Meraud orb.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Major Physical Protection
Minor Physical Protection
Protection from Evil
Shield of Light
Persistence of Mana
Favor orb-based appearances
- a brilliant orb of rippling cerulean light (Meraud- Wolf)
- a shadowy orb rippling with silver arcs of light (Firulf- Owl)
- a luminous orb of coruscating rainbowed light (Kerenhappuch- Shrew )