[[Race is::S'kra mur||Skra mur]]
The reigning theory of the origins of the S'Kra Mur is that Hav'roth, in all his forms, created them and imbued them with sentience -- a hypothesis no more and no less valid than Elothean creation myths.
Whatever their origins, no one denies they are formidable in physical combat, combining the swiftness of a striking cobra and the strength of a bearhug from an enraged boa constrictor. While their scaly exterior may throw off those with warmer blood, S'Kra Mur hardly care what those races may think of them. In S'Kra Mur society, honor is measured by the length of one's tail -- and the opinions of those without simply aren't worth considering.
The S'Kra Mur figurine opens hooded eyes and gazes at you. A sibilant voice issues forth: "I am of the S'Kra Mur. We are the ssserpent folk. While we have two arms, two legs, a torso, and a head like any of the other races, our smile is the serpent's smile, our scales the serpent's scales, and our eyes the serpent's eyes. We strike like the snake with its agility and grace, and calculate our moves with the cold method that resides in our very blood. We are dangerous to encounter, and even more dangerous to cross."
The S'Kra Mur stands tall and lithe, cold skin glistening with a faint tracery of scales. Slitted pupils slash its eyes down the middle and a short tail curls restlessly behind it. A chill presence lurks within its gaze, at once vaguely repulsive and strangely hypnotic.
S'Kra Mur develop and age in step with the Human norm. However, like the other bestial races, their age is often hard for other races to discern.
|Normal||Longevity||S'Kra Mur See||Others See|
|0 to 14||0 to 14||a child||a child|
|15 to 20||15 to 20||young||young|
|21 to 34||21 to 34||an adult||young|
|35 to 44||35 to 64||in his prime||young|
|45 to 53||65 to 94||middle-aged||young|
|54 to 62||95 to 112||mature||young|
|63 to 70||113 to 130||venerable||elderly|
|71 to 77||131 to 148||elderly||elderly|
|78 to 86||149 to 166||aged||elderly|
|87 to 93||167 to 184||wizened||elderly|
|94 to 100||185 to 200||ancient||elderly|
Racial minimum and maximum heights by gender:
|Minimum Height||Maximum Height|
|Male||5.25 feet||6 feet|
|Female||5.75 feet||6.25 feet|
Average lifespan: 75 years
Maximum lifespan: 100 years
Average gestation period: 8 Elanthian months
S'Kra Mur can only conceive with their own kind, and give birth to live children.
Points of Interest
- S'Kra Mur Physiology: S'Kra Mur do not have mammalian features, such as hair and breasts. They are neither cold-blooded nor venomous.
- S'Kra Mur Verbs: Odd noises, trilling, tail movements and what they signify.
- S'Kra Mur Language: Poetic in form, S'Kra Mur is very fluid and phrases often contain double or even triple meanings.
- S'Kra Mur Naming Conventions
- S'Kra Mur Lexicon: Sortable dictionary of known words.
- S'Kra Mur Attire: Both males and females tend to clothe themselves from head to toe. Traditional S'Kra Mur prefer loose, flowing garments and lots of jewelry. S'Kra use intricate, asymmetrical ornamentation on their clothing and jewelry.
- S'Kra Mur Society: A complete breakdown of intricate culture and society of the S'Kra Mur.
- S'Kra Mur Sraans (Clans): Information on locations, brief histories and what each Clan (Sraan) is known for.
- S'Kra Mur Gamants (Houses): Information on Rathan and Musparan houses.
- History, Traditions, and Lore
- S'Kra Mur Origins: The beliefs of the S'Kra Mur concerning their origins.
- S'Kra Mur Stories: Histories and folk tales passed down through the years.
- The Lanahh'zhra: The elite assassins told of in the history of the S'Kra Mur.
- Sarhhtha, Traditional S'Kra Mur Dancing: Fluid and verbose in movement, this style of dancing is held in high regard in S'Kra Mur culture.
- S'Kra Mur Wedding: Traditional weddings are full of symbolism and piety.
- Smozh: The unmentionables of S'Kra Mur society and their unimportant histories.
Related forum posts
Pages of concept "S'Kra Mur"Showing below 142 pages. The concept has a total of 120 pages, and was last updated 22:24, 29 August 2016.