S'Kra Mur Wedding
All information below this disclaimer has been gathered from GM posts and IG books. All information pertains only to traditional S'Kra Mur weddings and is subject to change based on GM discretion.
Shh'oi Mhhg sold wedding attire for the clans.
- A layered gamantang with dark colors underneath and light on top or an over robe uniquely decorated to honor Sraan/Clan and family combined with an under robe of solid color and without embroidery or embroidery.
- A pel'hhsmur (Veil of Pride): Floor-length tail drape. Crafted from metal if of Sraan T'Lar.
- A rasha'hhsograth (Flower of the Hand): Pilonu from Aesry works wonderful for this. Bracelet with attached rings.
- Flowers chosen by the bride should encircle the forehead.
- A cloak uniquely decorated to honor to Sraan and family.
- A high collared vest that may be thickly embroidered with Sraan tributes.
- A billowing-sleeved shirt of any color.
- A pair of trews(pants) should be white and unmarked.
- A sash of any color.
- A personalized weapon hung on the sash.
- Sandals of any color.
- Flowers chosen by the groom are usually wrapped about an item of his.
- Before joining of pair, parents of the couple will traditionally exchange gifts to express goodwill. If parents are unavailable, take the most respected and loved among your ru'at and honor them with the blessing of your wedding.
- The Shaman will bid the two to stand together as they will in life and ask for their hands. These provided, the Shaman drapes the ribbons of the gods over them. After the ribbons are draped, the shaman indicates that their hands should join, clasping the ribbons between them.
- Typically the Ribbons of the Gods are those representing Hav'roth (brown velvet), Peri'el (gold silk), and Ushnish (black satin).
- Shaman recites words: Let the future be as now with the strength of Hav'roth upholding you, entwining you, binding you.
- At this time the couple will need one item each (read: ring, sword, ribbon). The items are offered up by their opposite hands and are generally ribbons in their personal colors. These items are twined or placed around and inside their clasped hands.
- Once handfasted, speak the vow of Hav'roth. "My life is yours, your death is mine, in Hav'roth's will for eternity." It is *vital* that these words never be repeated in public again; doing so without the binding, in fact, nullifies the ceremony. This concludes the ceremony.
Flowers and Colors
|Wood Violets||Luck and homage to Hav'roth|
|White Jasmine||Unending love|
|Roses||Considered very daring and not proper.|
|Red||Courage in Battle|
|Blue||Youth and Boldness|
|White||Peace and Purity of Spirit|
Food is typically a very important and sometimes symbolic part of S'Kra Mur culture. Below are some GM crafted menus for four of the five provinces.
Candied violets - 350 kronars at De'ali's Elven Delights in Leth Deriel.
Blackened trout - 40 kronars at the Gilded Unicorn Inn in Kaerna.
Spiced peppernut rolls - 300 kronars at Mithin's Bakery in Leth Deriel.
Dandelion wine - 45 kronars at the Gilded Unicorn Inn in Kaerna.
- The Meal
The drink: S'Kra Mur nectar, available in the Gilded Unicorn Inn for 35 kronars.
The appetizer: Pinenut-stuffed sparrow, 900 kronars at the Rest of Ages Inn in Leth Deriel.
The soup: Wild sorrel soup, 300 kronars at the Rest of Ages Inn in Leth Deriel.
The main course: Braised yak ribs, 850 kronars at Arnack's Tavern in Wolf Clan, accompanied by a side of Harvasa rice, 275 kronars at the same location.
(The daring might substitute an entree of roast wild dog, available in Dirge, 500 kronars at the Darkstone Inn.)
The dessert: an herb and honey tart from Saranna's Specialties in Crossing, 32 kronars, accompanied by mulled sicle cider from the Arthe Hollow Inn, 375 kronars.
Buttery chive biscuits - 325 lirums at Lokthal's Bakery Shop in Riverhaven.
Apple hearthbread - 225 lirums at The Baron's Table in Therenborough.
Braised ox tongues - 700 lirums at the Saltfisher Inn in Riverhaven.
Fresh grape juice - 70 lirums at the Telgar Inn in Langenfirth.
- The Meal
The drink: Spiced wine, 70 lirums at the Telgar Inn in Langenfirth.
The appetizer: Potato dumplings, 400 lirums from the Saltfisher Inn in Riverhaven.
The soup: Fish bisque, 400 lirums at The Baron's Table in Therenborough.
The main course: Saffron grilled swordfish, 800 lirums at The Baron's Table in Therenborough, with a side of stuffed leeks, 400 lirums at The Baron's Table in Therenborough.
Those desiring something a little more robust might substitute roasted boar, 100 lirums at the Telgar Inn in Langenfirth, for the swordfish steak, but if this is done it is advisable to replace the fish bisque with the more hearty yet subtly flavored peapod potage, 300 lirums at The Baron's Table in Therenborough.)
The dessert: S'Kra fig pastries, 400 lirums at Lokthal's Bakery Shop in Riverhaven, served with a glass of Blackberry Stout, 85 lirums at the Telgar Inn in Langenfirth.
Steamed leek rolls - 35 dokoras in Milene's Rose Inn in Shard.
Mushroom tart - 60 dokoras in Liani's Heaven in Shard.
Leg of Leviathan - 800 dokoras at Marachek's Oak at Fayrin's Rest.
Lahini juice - 40 dokoras at Liani's Heaven in Shard.
- The Meal
The drink: Ishra's Pale, 40 dokoras at the Broken Blade Tavern in Steel Claw clan.
The appetizer: Grilled garlic shrimp, 40 dokoras at Milene's Rose Inn in Shard.
The soup: Onion soup with cheese and toasted croutons, 50 dokoras at the Golden Phoenix Inn in Shard.
The main course: Veal in mushrooms and wine sauce over rice, 75 dokoras at the Golden Phoenix Inn in Shard, with a side of steamed carrots in herbed butter, 30 dokoras also at the Golden Phoenix.
(For a lighter fare, substitute a grilled poulet in creme Sauce over pasta, also 75 dokoras at the Golden Phoenix, for the veal with mushrooms.)
The dessert: Seventeen layer cake, 755 dokoras at Marachek's Oak at Fayrin's Rest, topped with a white chocolate unicorn, 18 dokoras at Genevive's Sweet Tooth in Shard, and served with cinnamon mead, 35 dokoras at Milene's Rose Inn in Shard.
Those with less delicate throats might also try Shorka's Venom, available for 35 dokoras in Milene's Rose Inn in Shard, as an after dinner drink.
Steamed clams (called "steamers") - 25 lirums at Kygar's Pub in Ratha.
Marinated eel and octopus kebabs - 55 lirums at the Itinerant Fishmonger's stand in Ratha.
Apricot raisin bread - 20 lirums at the pushcart in the Ratha Bazaar.
Hot spiced rum punch - 25 lirums at Jack's Tarr Rest in Ratha.
- The Meal
The drink: Siren's Lure, 25 lirums at Jack's Tarr rest in Ratha.
The appetizer: Lime-basted red darter, 70 lirums at the Itinerant Fishmonger's stand in Ratha.
The soup: Blue crab stew with potatoes and leeks, 30 lirums from Jack's Tarr Rest in Ratha.
The main course: Baked halibut with a lemon caper sauce, 40 lirums from Jack's Tarr Rest in Ratha, with a side of herbed dumplings, 15 lirums from Kygar's Pub and fragrant coconut rice, 20 lirums from the Ratha Bazaar.
(For a bit more spice, substitute curry-marinated sea bass, 40 lirums from Kygar's Pub, for the baked halibut, and exchange the blue crab stew with a creamy seafood bisque with lobster and crab, 20 lirums from Jack's Tarr Rest.)
The dessert: Blueberry walnut chutney, 15 lirums at the Ratha Bazaar, served with melon wine, 15 lirums from Denison's Pub.
--Quoted from GM Ellerina