A famous Gnomic saying goes, "If you want to undo a knot by hacking it to death, get a Gor'Tog. If you want it unraveled, get a Gnome." This simple truth is a cornerstone in understanding Gnomes. Though smaller in stature and physically weaker than even the Halflings, Gnomes are wily, quick on their feet, and excellent at solving problems.
Originally, Gnomes eked out a desperate, savage subsistence at the bottom of the food chain. At some undisclosed point in history they formed an alliance with the Gorbesh Empire. In exchange for safety from predators, they provided the war-like race with clever inventions and served as advisors. Nearly all the Gnomes in the Dragon's Realms were among, or descended from, those who defected with the Kaldar to journey north. Gorbesh Gnomes are almost never seen outside the Empire cities, as they are guarded over as jealously as treasure.
The figure speaks in a clear, light voice: "I am a Gnome, perhaps one of the smallest of all that the gods ever created, but definitely the fastest, lightest, and the most nimble. Invention is my genius, but it is not my only skill. Let the others bash their heads against the world trying to make it do what it wants -- we know the truth. Gnomes manipulate rather than force, persuade instead of pummel. If you want to undo a knot by hacking it to death, get a 'Tog. If you want it unraveled, get a Gnome."
You regard the small Gnome. Tiny in comparison to a Human or Kaldar, it is a shade shorter than the Halfling with an exuberance similar to that race, except that in the place of overbearing bubbliness is a razor-keen wit. The Gnome's ears are slightly pointed, and its fingers are constantly twitching, as if it were eager to be doing something.
Gnomes are another long-lived race, sometimes living to 200 years. Like Elotheans, Gnomish longevity drags out senescence without substantially deviating from the Human norm.
|0 to 14||0 to 14||a child|
|15 to 30||15 to 30||young|
|31 to 59||31 to 89||an adult|
|60 to 88||90 to 148||mature|
|89 to 116||149 to 186||patronly/matronly|
|117 to 144||187 to 224||distinguished|
|145 to 172||225 to 262||ancient|
|173 to 200||263 to 300||an elder|
Racial minimum and maximum heights by gender:
|Minimum Height||Maximum Height|
|Male||1.75 feet||2.5 feet|
|Female||1.75 feet||2.5 feet|
Average gestation period: 4 Elanthian months
Gnomes can conceive children with the following races:
- Dwarf - difficult
- Halfling - difficult
- Human - difficult
- Kaldar - difficult
- Rakash - difficult
Points of Interest
- Albaria: Home of the Gorbesh, their wicked cool gods, and some other races.
- Gorbesh: Informational page on the Gorbesh, the beginnings of the Kaldar, and tidbits of religious lore.
- Gorbesh Verbs: Verbs utilized by Kaldar and Gnomes.
- Gorbesh Calendar: Information regarding the Calendar system used by the Gorbesh.
- Remembrance (book): A First Person Definition of the Gorbesh by Elder Duveus
- Religion Information
- Religion in Gorbesh Society: All about the gods of Albaria.
- Ilaehl and the Meumos Prophecies: A time of bleakness foretold to the Gorbesh.
- Alaudian Pantheon: A set of gods sometimes worshiped by Gorbesh Gnomes.
- Gizzbolf, Spangklud, and Krigglin: Gnomish gods.
- Firestaining: A tradition carried over from ancient times.
- Language Information
- Gorbesh Language: Common to Gorbesh Translations by Casimont Nalbiro
- Gorbesh Language: Gorbesh to Common Translations.
- Gorbesh Grammar: By Casimont Nalbiro.
- Gnomes (book)
- Gorbesh Calendar (book)
- Gorbesh Dictionary, Gorbesh to Common (book)
- Religion in Gorbesh Society (book)
Related forum posts
Pages of concept "Gnomes"Showing below 55 pages. The concept has a total of 51 pages, and was last updated 22:24, 29 August 2016.