How are we determining what's a jackpot prize and what isn't? Gut feeling, GM flagging them, or what? Only asking because I'd question some of the things that are and aren't flagged as jackpot (ie: I won a couple garters/toe bells, just won my first wheel today). --TEVESHSZAT (talk) 12:21, 15 November 2020 (CST)
- So I started flagging ones that were uncommon. My feeling is that, just like Boggle Blast, there might be additional rarities even within "jackpot" status, or maybe there is some 3rd middle tier that is semi-rare. For instance, I remember with Boggles, even though that black diamond hair comb was a grand prize, it came up a lot more often than say a potency crystal. Of course, it all could be on the whim of the RNG gods, but from what I've been seeing, getting a rare-mat icon is equally as possible as getting a pillow, but both of those are very rare compared to a cookie tin or bracelet.
- I don't think the ones I initially flagged have to stay on the "jackpot" list, I was simply going off things that weren't coming up very often vs. things you get frequently.
- I also suspect a couple items got snuck into the pool this weekend, or maybe they swapped out a couple prizes to make some things "limited time". For instance, I haven't ever seen one of the mirrors, and I haven't found one of the toy balls since last week, but I too *just* found a wheel and also a pair of the wave post-room string jewelry pieces over the last couple days, neither of which I'd seen before (or I would have documented it).
- I will say it'd be nice if a GM chimed in on the list though. Or they added an extra line in-game when you found a "jackpot" prize, like the libik in C&A would say "Well look at that!" or something when handing over a jackpot vs. standard. I'm guessing this is falling under a PAFO system though. Meh. Kythryn 20:18, 16 November 2020 (CST)
- I agree that it feels like there's a "jackpot" and a "jackpot in the jackpot" like BB has, definitely have more of some things than other things, but some of those other things just don't feel jackpoty enough. Just feels a bit odd that toebells are regarded the same as a teleport cloak, you know? I also found three-ish wheels now but I'm still trying to get a post-room string shark or wave! --TEVESHSZAT (talk) 09:07, 24 November 2020 (CST)
Feeling more and more confident that a number of items in the general prize pool are generated using a similar system as the loot in the Breaking and Entering --TEVESHSZAT (talk) 18:24, 2 November 2020 (CST)
- I agree TRAIGA (talk) 18:49, 2 November 2020 (CST)
- While not all items use a similar system to what B&E items use, it is confirmed that some items do. --TEVESHSZAT (talk) 20:44, 2 November 2020 (CST)
FYI, GMs confirmed that all the items in this group share the same variable tables. --TEVESHSZAT (talk) 16:49, 9 November 2020 (CST)
- To better facilitate managing the variable tables, they're now all templates. No longer have to update each one individually, instead just call these tables and update when we find more colors/materials/etc. --TEVESHSZAT (talk) 18:09, 9 November 2020 (CST)