Shanador Spiritweaver, Death's Messenger of Elanthia, an Elven Warrior Mage.
Shanador has pointed ears and silver eyes. His white hair is long and straight, and is worn arranged in an intricate Elven braid. He has tanned skin.
He is mature.
He has a narrow mustache and a thin beard styled into a sharp point. Suspended from the mustache and beard by wispy tendrils of glistening spidersilk are tiny onyx spiders displaying carmine hourglass markings on their night black abdomens.
- UNKNOWN DATE - In a time long since past, when juggling was all the rage, Shanador, having heard tale of unique juggling items available on a far off settlement in the Qi'Reshalia province, made his first seafaring voyage away from the mainland. After a long island hoping, mountain climbing, maze navigating journey to the island of M'Riss he found his way to the city of Mer'Kresh and eventually into Trintah's Herbal Remedies. Unfortunately, he was denied access to those items he sought. Apparently, they were not for sale to tourists. Not wishing to have traveled so far for so long for naught and having heard that M'Riss's citizens also had access to a more direct transport to and from the mainland (the Degan), Shanador promptly visited the town hall and registered as a citizen of M'Riss.
- 423y, 336d AVL (6/10/2017) - Weary of paying tax to a province he hadn't visited in decades (not once since becoming a citizen) and motivated by a growing attachment to Ilithi, Shanador once again made the arduous trek to Mer'Kresh and denounced his citizenship.
- PRESENT - Currently claims allegiance to no province, although his activities suggest an Ilithic affiliation likely in the near future.
- UNKNOWN DATE - Advanced to Journeyman status in the Warrior Mage Guild [reached Circle 20].
- UNKNOWN DATEs - Completed various quests for Guildmaster Gauthus Aesabule who educated Shanador about the Aethereal Pathways of Damage, Perceive, Quickness, Conserve, Ease, and Power.
- UNKNOWN DATE - Became a full fledged Warrior Mage [reached Circle 30].
- UNKNOWN DATE - Learned the Aethereal Pathway Elemental Barrage from Gauthus as reward for completing a quest. Although his fellow guild mates mentioned learning other pathways before being taught to harness elemental barrages, Gauthus refused to speak with Shanador about any new pathways. Shanador pestered Gauthus for some time about this, but eventually gave up.
- 420y, 322d AVL (8/11/2016) - Became a Dedicated Disciple of Meraud.
- 422y, 1d AVL (12/09/2016) - Became a Reverent Disciple of Meraud.
- 423y, 228d AVL (05/14/2017) - Recognized as a Death Dealer for his broad spectrum weapon proficiency [became an Aficionado with all weapons].
- 423y, 316d AVL (06/05/2017) - While exploring the festival of guilds fairgrounds, enjoyed an entertaining encounter with a 'civilized' wood troll, Contortionist Ergripta. Shanador managed to barely beat her (with a spin of 2) in her Conquest for Pretties game. As a winning prize Ergripta used her twisty magic to transform Shanador's simple wooden medallion into a simple wooden medallion carved with an Ilithic apple tree, (LOOK) small blue apples are picked out in enamel on the tree.
- 423y, 332d AVL (06/09/2017) - Dominated the Guildfest 423 Circle 30-39 Ring Toss bracket, claiming 1st thru 5th place on the scoreboard with a high score of 50 points.
- 423y, 336d AVL (06/10/2017) - Returned to Gauthus and was surprised by the guildmaster's unexpected willingness to discuss new pathways and bestow him another quest. Ventured to Throne City and successfully completed Gauthus' quest. As reward Gauthus taught Shanador the Aethereal Pathway of Accuracy.
- 436y, 79d AVL (10/28/2020) - Acquired Aethereal Pathway of Secrecy knowledge from Gauthus after another successful venture into Throne City at the guildmaster's bequest.
- 436y, 79d AVL (10/28/2020) - Attained Expert status as a Warrior Mage [reached Circle 40].
- 436y, 97d AVL (11/01/2020) - While visiting Riverhaven, Shanador met with Guildmistress Karazhil who sent him on a quest into Throne City. Upon successful completion, Karazhil tutored Shanador in the Aethereal Pathway of Precision.
- 436y, 98d AVL (11/01/2020) - At the Merelew's ruling House Deladriel's invitation, accompanied their delegate, Speaker Kolanem, along with many other land dwelling adventurers, atop a flying leviathan. Then, as the morning sun crested the horizon, watched in awe as the Merlew city of Andreshlew rose from the ocean for the first time in fifty years. After basking in the spectacular revealing, Shanador made his way to the nearest dock. Greeted by a playful dolphin, he was gleefully doused in water as it carried him swiftly through the sea for his first ever visit to the normally submerged city.
- 436y, 149d AVL (11/15/2020) - Others begun referring to Shanador as Death's Messenger for his adeptness with all weapons.
- 437y, 396d AVL (04/25/2021) - Travelled, yet again, to Throne City to complete a task for Guildmistress Karazhil in exchange for Aethereal Pathway of Defense instruction.
- 438y, 0d AVL (04/26/2021) - Preoccupied with studying vykathi reapers summoned from trapped boxes, safely weathered Shosandu Eve in Fang Cove. Avoided the waves of frozen death Asketi unleashed as she rode through Riverhaven and The Crossing.
- 438y, 16d AVL (04/30/2021) - Became a Master Warrior Mage [reached Circle 60].
Collection of Curiosities
An inventory of mementos, trinkets, and souvenirs collected over the years.
- braided spidersilk rope affixed with a steel grappling hook
- cambrinth ring carved with arcane sigils in a gold and amber setting
- fetid black and green goo
- gold medallion engraved with the image of Lanival the Redeemer beside a fire-breathing dragon
- greatsword sheath
- metal yoyo with a pair of cambrinth stones embedded on each side
- ornate platinum brooch set with an orichalcum icosahedron
- pair of silver ice skates laced with pure white ribbons
- platinum ring bearing the crest of the Warrior Mage Guild
- plush Warrior Mage doll clasping a wood talisman
- polished gaethzen panther
- set of colorful balls
- silver filigree and cambrinth earring
- silver key with a spider-web design on the grip
- small velvet sack embroidered with tumbling dice
- small white crystal strung on a thin leather strap
- swirling eddy of incandescent light bound by a gold-striated coralite frame
- triskele medallion
- witch ball