You see Carnage Darling Dantia, War Healer of the Order of the Dragon Shield, a Human Empath.
She has a triangular face, star-flecked emerald eyes and a freckled nose. Her red-gold hair is long and straight, and is worn pulled back from the face by a pair of platinum and diamond star barrettes linked by delicate chains and left to tumble over both shoulders. She has fair skin accented by some glittery platinum stars and a slender figure.
She is petite for a Human.
She is an adult.
She is wearing a pair of shimmering white wings resembling those of a dove, a clingy white gossamer gown embroidered with platinum star filigrees, a necklace suspending an uncut diamond wrapped in platinum wire, and a pair of daintily winged ankle boots with white gossamer and platinum accents.
a pair of platinum and diamond star barrettes linked by delicate chains (photo)
This pair of matching barrettes is cut from thin platinum and etched with a fanciful filigree pattern. Along the outside edge of each star is a series of tiny diamonds pressed into the metal, their facets reflecting the light. Two chains of delicate links connect each barrette, their lengths clinking against each other softly.
a pair of shimmering white wings resembling those of a dove
Hundreds of white feathers with an iridescent sheen along the inner stem are artfully arranged over a thin wire frame, forming two immense wings reminiscent of a dove in flight. Sturdy white leather straps attached at the base of the wings allow them to be discreetly yet securely held on the back when worn.
a clingy white gossamer gown embroidered with platinum star filigrees (photo)
Layers of sheer gossamer have been mindfully draped, some areas thin enough to feign at translucence while others are layered for additional modesty. Appliques of shimmering platinum stars and tiny diamonds have been scattered across the front of the bodice and down flowing cape sleeves that hang nearly to the ground when worn. Even the slightest movement causes the tiers of diaphanous fabric to waft, giving an air of ethereal grace.
a necklace suspending an uncut diamond wrapped in platinum wire (photo)
Hazy in clarity from being uncut and unpolished, a small diamond is held securely in place by a slim platinum wire wrapped several times around its width. Just long enough to nestle the stone at the collarbone when worn, the fine chain is made from minuscule links of silver that shift and shimmer in available light.
a pair of daintily winged ankle boots with white gossamer and platinum accents (photo)
This pair of low-heeled ankle boots are fashioned with particular attention to detail. A sculpted band of sturdy white leather forms the rounded toe and curves behind the heel for additional support. White gossamer lace is inset into the sides of each boot beneath two tiny wings that nestle against the ankle. Thin white laces crisscross through platinum grommets to hold them firmly in place.
As you contemplate the spoon, the air around you grows crisper, with the sharp smell of late autumn. In the distance, you hear the gentle chiming of bells, though their tones are slightly discordant to your ears. Abruptly, you realize that you are not alone, a towering alfar warrior with platinum stars accentuating its skin standing before you. Gently, the creature takes the spoon from your hand, inspecting it gravely.
In a sonorous voice, the towering warrior says, "This has been lost to my people for many years, and we had all but given up the search. My name is Ahven. I owe you a great debt, Dantia. Call upon me at any time, and I will come to your aid." The warrior bows respectfully, its left hand resting over its heart.
As it straightens the warrior appears less real, like a reflection seen in an antique mirror. You close your eyes to blink away the dizzying apparition and when you open them, the creature is gone.
Custom Guardian Spirit: a towering alfar warrior with platinum stars accentuating its skin
This alfar warrior towers in height, tall even among its fae brethren. Warm brown hair has been cut to the shoulder and tied back at the neck with a simple leather strap, while vigilant midnight blue eyes gaze from an otherworldly face. Painted across its collarbone and neck are a series of delicate platinum stars that accentuate its ceramic-white skin and the hard lines of its physique.
The rose grey horse is eighteen hands high with a red-tinted medium grey coat. It has a dark grey mane and tail. It is a mare and has a white star-shaped mark on the forehead.
It is wearing an elegant white leather saddle with tooled panels and platinum stirrups, a quilted white saddle pad with diamond studs, a bitless white leather bridle with platinum fasteners, a platinum chanfron inset with diamonds and engraved with star filigree, a platinum crinnet made of overlapping articulated plates, an ornately engraved platinum peytrel flush set with diamonds, a flanchard of platinum plates riveted to supple white leather, and a platinum and white leather crupper with star filigree engravings.
an elegant white leather saddle with tooled panels and platinum stirrups
This saddle has been handcrafted with an obvious attention to detail. The leather has been meticulously tanned and molded into the most comfortable position possible, with star filigree tooled into the panels on each side where the rider would place their legs. Various platinum fasteners are used to size and tighten the saddle around the girth of the horse for a secure fit, while two shiny platinum stirrups finish the look.
Research / Projects
- Moon Mage Vision Research, Empath and Alfar Warrior: Beginning in September 2019, Moon Mages received (are still receiving?) a series of visions about a Battle Empath and her Alfar Warrior. Contained are my notes and current research status.
- Moon Mage Vision Research, Ice Dragon and Golden Paladin: Notes related to a series of Moon Mage visions surrounding an ice dragon and a female Paladin armored in gold. In progress.
- Regular usage of the Absolution or Icutu Zaharenela spells may cause weakening of Empath's potential strength: Submitted for the 2020 Magical Research Symposium
- For the Sake of the World: Background story. Forum post.
- Release From Guilt, Obligation, or Punishment: On choosing not to use the Absolution spell. Forum post.
My personal style leans towards looks and descriptions that are simple but sophisticated. I steer away from overly verbose looks that seem like they were written just to use every available character, and instead favor descriptions that get the idea across in an easy-to-read way (no one wants to have to Google an alteration description). I like to work around themes, such as a common color, gem, or stylistic idea, and enjoy creating whole outfits that work well with each other, especially without the need for tons of alteration fodder.
With all of that being said, I would be happy to work with you on your own alteration ideas whether they fit into my preferred style or not, even if you would just like a "regulations check" to ensure your idea has a fighting chance.
You can contact me on Discord at DantiaDR#3487.
Events of Note
- 432 Years, 6 days: Spider invasion across the land, heralding the arrival of Hollows Eve. Dantia teams with Tankata and several other adventurers to confront the invasion, discovering her love for Battle Empathy and front-line healing.
- 432 Years, 38 days: Became the Hollow Eve Witches Assistant, and was almost married off.
- 432 Years, 14 days: Accepted as a member of the Order of the Dragon Shield.
- 433 Years, 2 days: First in a series of scouting missions to Basalt Isle, in preparation for a future assault.
- 436 Years, 165 days: Promoted to Alteration Helper.
- 436 Years, 203 days: Worked with adventurers to disarm Gillborn Loyalist bombs plated throughout Crossing.
When I was younger, I was named
A generation unafraid
For the heirs to come, be brave
And meet me on the battlefield
Even on the darkest night
I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage
And you will be mine
Echos of the shots ring out
We may be the first to fall
Everything could stay the same or we could change it all
- Unsecret ft. Gaits - Made For the Battle
- Svorcina - Meet Me On the Battlefield
- Unsecret - For This You Were Born
- Hidden Citizens - Stay Alive
- Imagine Dragons - Whatever it Takes
- Florence + The Machine - Breath Of Life
- Ruelle - Live Like Legends
- Sia - Unstoppable
- 2WEI - Survivor (Destiny's Child cover)
- Megan Davies - Dark Horse (Katy Perry cover)