Elotheans. She, along with her sister Peri'el, keeps the oceans moving and singing. Eluned is the creator of speech, as Meraud is the creator of written language. Eluned and Meraud sometimes coexist, but mostly do not see eye-to-eye enough in their motives to do so. It is Eluned's infinite wisdom that guides sailors at night.
Commune Quest Description
The dolphin gazes down at you, then speaks in a high-pitched voice. "Greetings, pilgrim. You rest now in Eluned's domain. Have no fear for your life -- Eluned protects those who seek knowledge, and you would not have come here if you were not hunting information."
The dolphin swims about, flipping its tail. "My mistress is named Eluned, goddess of the oceans and the knowledge of the lands. She has a bright aspect -- that of Lemicus -- and a darker one, that of the god Drogor. All are masters of the ocean, and possessors of knowledge beyond mortal ken. It is believed that Meraud and Eluned are sister and brother in the respect that both greatly prize knowledge." The dolphin makes an odd, clucking noise that you would swear is chuckling.
"The symbols of each aspect correlate to what they are. Eluned's is a dolphin, Lemicus -- she of the fresh waters -- is an albatross, and Drogor -- he of hurricanes and angry oceans -- is a shark." The dolphin flips its tail, as if agitated.
- origami dolphins
- dolphin beads
- parchment dolphin primers
- Immortal Eluned cards
- Eluned raised the seas to extinguish Katamba after it was set afire by the World Dragon.
- See the Eluned's tears flower for two myths of her.
The goddess of the ocean, frost, and ruin. While Meraud's destruction rages unrestrained, sudden and violent, many find it preferable to suffering under Eluned's hand; for she will not be content until her victims are ruined in all things. Her symbol is an iceberg.
Artwork and Depictions
As with all the Immortals, various works of art to the goddess can be found throughout the realms.
Found before the entrance to the Aesry Necropolis is a pool:
- A pool of deep blue water lies at the base of a flight of basalt stairs. So clear that the sky above is mirrored in its depths, the pool is surrounded by a firethorn bush to keep curious children from fouling its waters.
Found in the floating tower during the periodic event:
- Carved from nomlas-streaked white coral, the goddess of oceans and wisdom is depicted in an elegantly simple style with distinctly Elothean features. Despite her placid countenance, the statue bears an air of melancholy, further alluded to by the clusters of Eluned's tears surrounding her on the terrace lawn like tiny sprays of seafoam.