Empaths all venerate her. She is the granter of life and favor, and ultimately must be pleased for resurrections and healing.
- Eastern side of Ratha Tier Three
- In the abandoned church in angiswaerd hunting grounds Throne City
- An altar exists in Undershard - No Favor Orb
- Just south of the ferry from Crossings to Leth - No Favor Orb
- Crossing Temple, Eyes of the 13
- Alchemy remedies
- unicorn beads
- parchment unicorn primers
- Immortal Hodierna cards
The goddess of life, trial and tribulations. She freely grants life, so that she might steal it away again from the undeserving. Endurance of her machinations proves one worthy of the life she grants, while death by her hand is considered proof that one did not deserve her gift. Her favored tools are mishap, malady and murder. Her symbol is a fanged serpent.
The unicorn is stunning to behold, with a coat of shining silver that is impeccably groomed. Hooves of flashing steel combined with a spiraling silver horn around which a thin strand of gold has been wrapped flash in the light of the tiny chamber, commanding a stern and beautiful look at this creature's combat potential. A mane the color of spun glass sweeps in fine, silken waves down the graceful lines of its neck, and bright blue eyes through which shines a gentle, intelligent warmth stare penetratingly into you, seeing through skin, flesh, bone, and soul.
Artwork and Depictions
As with all the Immortals, various works of art to the goddess can be found throughout the realms.
A statue in the temple on the 3rd Tier of Ratha:
- The graceful symbol of the Goddess Hodierna, the unicorn statue stands six feet tall and is made of the finest ivory. The carving is rendered in such detail that it gives an almost lifelike appearance. The hooves are made of onyx and the eyes of rubies. The spiraled horn in the center of its head is made of pure gold. There is a small plaque at the base with something written on it.
- Funded and built by the Pantel family, this shrine is dedicated to all who serve under Her.
Whitehall Commons Fountain
- Small dwellings cluster about an ivory fountain topped with a crystal unicorn which rears in a triumphant salute to Hodierna.
- The waters of the fountain rise and fall and rise again as the turning of the cycle of life.
Lanternside Inn Carving
Found in the Dreamer's Booth within the Herb Play Restaurant section of the Inn in Mer'Kresh:
- A bold deobar carving of Hodierna perches over the booth, arms outstretched and a sly smile spread across her face. White alfar statuettes descend from her embrace, pierced by metal rods that hold them in place in the vignette. To enhance the drama, the depiction of a clear night sky slowly dissolving into a sunrise has been painted in grand colors. A few wavy letters mark the signature of the artist right near the side of the table.
- LOOK CARVING: Its quite a bit more fanciful than the typical imagery of Hodierna, but the detail is astonishing. Tiny unicorns are raveled into her hair, and herbs of various types dangle from her dress. This attention to detail balances the out of proportion size of her smiling lips and sultry eyes.