Goddess of the inner earth, it is Peri'el who watches over the World Dragon to make sure it does not rise up and destroy Elanthia. For this reason, Peri'el is often not seen as she spends much of her time lulling the Dragon to sleep with her sibilant singing -- a sound that can be heard by listening to sea shells or visiting the ocean. Peri'el also stills earthquakes and stops the flow of lava. S'Kra in particular consider her the patroness of war veterans.
Before the coming of the World Dragon, Peri'el was considered one of the greatest warriors among the Immortals. She was permanently crippled during combat with the Dragon -- her right leg maimed and her left eye torn out during the struggle.
- Aesry Highlands Housing Location
- Crossing Temple, Eyes of the 13
- Shard, Temple of Light - no favor orbs
- The Black Spire, Hidden Shrine - no favor orbs.
- Beneath the Ravine, A Cavern
- kingsnake beads (do not work on any favor giving altars)
- parchment kingsnake primers
- Immortal Peri'el cards
- Patroness of war veterans.
- Favorite instrument is the sitar.
- Created the Selkies.
- S'Kra Mur believe that Peri'el gave them the Gifts of Tail (Sometimes called Gifts of the Heart): Love, Honor, & Pride.
- Additional Reading: S'Kra Mur Religious Practices and Beliefs
- Both Hav'roth and Peri'el are noted to have given the gift of shorter snouts to the S'Kra Mur of Reshalia.
- Story Histories of the Lohogi'hhs'ur (Children of the One)
- Those who were not gifted refer to themselves as the S'Kra'ur (True People).
- A devout group of female S'Kra Mur, the Ru'atin Peri'el devote themselves to helping Peri'el keep the World Dragon asleep.
Artwork and Depictions
As with all the Immortals, various works of art to the god can be found throughout the realms.
Mer'Kresh Cleric Guild Tapestry
- Found in the Cleric Guild Meeting Room:
- On a background of a bright yellow sphere -- perhaps a representation of the sun -- rests a beautiful woman reclining against a branch of driftwood, a coiled king snake at her feet.
- Found south from the Cleric Guild:
- The benignly calm form of Peri'el sits smiling within the coils of the slumbering world dragon, her gold-stringed harp within her hands. The thick scaly body of the serpent curls around and around the blessed immortal to form the walls of the fountain's pool, and its wedge-shaped head angles downward, dribbling water into the pool by the foot of the goddess.
Muspar'i Temple of Hav'roth
- Found in the Grand Gallery is a fresco:
- The colorful painting depicts the creation of the S'Kra Mur. Ushnish is shown elevating the race from base creatures. Hav'roth stands in the center of a group of S'Kra, instilling them with intelligence and learning. Peri'el completes the transformation, teaching them the gifts of the tail.
- Found in the northeast room of the semidome is a fresco:
- A loving mural of Peri'el on the inside of the semidome shows her singing her eternal lullaby within the warm embrace of Elanthia's depths. Lapis lazuli and turquoise set between panels of jade on the fresco catch the light of the room, making the painting seem more alive.
Muspar'i Peri'el's Retreat Statue
- In the center of the housing area is a statue:
- As her body curves over a detailed khurmary, pristine water tumbles out of the S'Kra Mur goddess' mouth, opened as if sustaining a beautiful, melismatic note. She sits atop a stunning limestone replica of the planet Elanthia with a serene expression sculpted on her magnanimous face. Under her feet, the colossal orb splits partially into a jagged crevice, offering a glimpse of the slumbering dragon curled inside.
Theren Trigomas Residence Statue
- In the 2nd Floor Sunken Bath is a statue:
- Appearing to hiss in warning, the trio of king snakes rise from their tightly coiled bodies in a gesture of protection. Blood-red rubies highlight slitted eyes while gold inlay accents the detailed scales and reptilian fangs, which help separate streams of water gurgling from the serpents' mouths.
- A carved marble statue reads:
- "May Peri'el always watch over us."