|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
Vykathi are an infamous race of carnivorous insects. Standing upright on two sturdy legs, their reapers are about Human-sized. Their four clawed arms are ideal for vicious slashing attacks, and their bulky chitinous armor makes them a formidable foe.
The vykathi reaper is a large insectoid creature that stands on two legs, its other four arms raised belligerently. The creature's mandibles are large and appear wickedly sharp, seeming to indicate a carnivorous diet. The four clawed arms look ideal for vicious slashing attacks, and the creature's bulky chitinous armor looks to make it resistant all but the heaviest of blows. The reaper's compound eyes are inscrutible, nevertheless implying an alien cunning.
Warning: Vykathi Reapers will break your weapons! Don't use anything valuable.
Vykathi Hive: It would seem logical that vykathi reapers reside in the hive with all other Vykathi. With the three level layout and escalating segregation of combat castes; harvesters in the Upper Air Tunnels and soldiers in the Air Tunnels one level down, hive explorers would expect to encounter reapers in the Air Tunnels two levels down. However, the third level is empty, save the occasional soldier pursuing intruders from above or excavator or builder that work throughout the entire hive. Perhaps reapers once patrolled the hive's tunnels. Maybe one day they will return home, but as of 436y, 41d AVL (10/19/2020) there are no reapers to be found within the hive. Note: Casting the Swarm spell used to summon reapers from any room within the Hive, but this ceased to function as of Magic 2.0.
Elsewhere: With the reapers' absence from the hive, the only way to currently encounter a vykathi reaper is by activating a bug (reaper) trap on a trapped box. Activating such a trap bestows a twelve second roundtime and summons two to three vykathi reapers who attack immediately from melee. These reapers are only temporary manifestations that will dissipate, collapsing into piles of sand, after managing about twelve attacks each (after about 60 seconds). However, they can be skinned and LOOTed if killed before they return to the sand from whence they came. 
APPRAISE CAREFUL info: (04/26/2021)
- Weapons at 240 (405/435 Mastery) the vykathi reaper is definitely less skilled (-6) and would train somewhat poorly (3/7).
- Defenses in low 300s [301-312] the vykathi reaper is something you could wipe the floor with (-9) and would train somewhat poorly (3/7)
- TM (291) train somewhat poorly (3/7). Debilitation (309) train somewhat poorly (3/7). Tactics (367) train very poorly (2/7).
Vykathi Reapers will break your weapons! Don't use anything valuable.
Vykathi Reapers also have the ability to snatch weapons out of your hands:
- The vykathi reaper snatches the <weapon> out of your hand!
- Vykathi are immune to stuns, both physical and magical (such as Arc Light).
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: The reaper appears immune to slicing.
Slice damage tends to do nothing more than scuff a vykathi's carapace.
- It is wearing nothing!
- It is carrying nothing!
- Strength - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Agility - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Discipline - is rather (-4) less than 40
- Reflex - is somewhat (-3) less than 40
- Stamina - is rather (-4) less than 40
- Spawn: As the stinging winds die down, they leave in their place several very angry vykathi reapers standing right beside you!
- Death 1: A vykathi reaper topples over with a crash as it dies, its armor shattering on the ground.
- Death 2: A vykathi reaper twitches helplessly on the ground for a few moments before it lies still.
- Decay: A vykathi reaper decays away.
You recall everything noteworthy about a vykathi reaper... which is apparently nothing.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are not known to carry loot in locked boxes.