|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
Vykathi are an infamous race of carnivorous insects. Their excavators are suited for burrowing and mining, spraying down a stone surface with a natural acid before tearing at it with their powerful front legs.
Despite having opposing utility functions vykathi excavators and builders are otherwise very similar with equivalent attributes and combat capabilities. As such, both are inferior combatants to the vykathi harvesters who swarm hive intruders. Hunting excavators or builders without engaging harvesters is unlikely. Thus, adventurers attempting to do so without the ability to adequately defend against superior opponents (i.e. multiple vykathi harvesters) will be in great peril. Additionally, vykathi excavators and builders present no value, especially for the risk, as neither can be skinned nor carry any equipment or loot.
Both vykathi excavators and builders will occasionally depart the room directly from combat, ignoring their engagement state. They can and will go directly from melee to another room without first having to retreat.
Vykathi excavators and builders are responsible for the ever changing maze that is the Vykathi Hive. When a vykathi excavator exits or enters a room via a wall, ceiling, or floor (direction with no exit) it creates a new exit in the respective room. This can occur when an excavator exits a room, when it enters one or both.
When a vykathi excavator enters (lumbers into view) or exits (lumbers <direction>) via a preexisting exit nothing changes in that room.
The vykathi builder is the opposite. Instead of creating exits it seals them.
- Weapons: Soft cap (1/34) at or before 170 (10/19/2020).
- Tactics: Hard cap (0/34) at or before 258 (10/19/2020).
APPRAISE CAREFUL info:
- With Defenses around 225 the vykathi excavator is a relatively easy opponent. It would train quite badly.
- With Weapons at 170 (300+ Mastery) the vykathi excavator is a creature completely beneath your notice. It would train quite badly.
- Vykathi are immune to stuns, both physical and magical (such as Arc Light).
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: The excavator appears immune to slicing.
Slice damage tends to do nothing more than scuff a vykathi's carapace.
- Strength - is rather less than 30
- Agility - is rather less than 30
- Discipline - is definitely less than 30
- Reflex - is rather less than 30
- Stamina - is definitely less than 30
- ARRANGE INFO: The excavator cannot be skinned, so you can't arrange it either.
- Spawn: A vykathi excavator lumbers into view.
- Entrance1: A vykathi excavator lumbers into view.
- Entrance2: The rock wall <direction> suddenly gives way and a vykathi excavator comes crawling through the new passage.
- Exit1: A vykathi excavator lumbers <direction>.
- Exit2: A vykathi excavator tunnels a path <direction> through the rock.
- Death1: A vykathi excavator twitches helplessly on the ground for a few moments before it lies still.
- Decay: A vykathi excavator decays away.
You recall everything noteworthy about a vykathi excavator... which is apparently nothing.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are not known to carry loot in locked boxes.