- Sarkranis has a regal ophidian face with slightly recurved fangs, alluring slitted absinthe-green eyes and a sleek Velakan snout, iridescent gold scales with a sheen reminiscent of sunrise, a beaded tail drape of rich copper silk suspending golden coins accenting a long, serpentine tail that tapers to a sharp point and a sinewy figure.
- She is compact for a S'Kra Mur.
- A textured spider made with contrasting shades of gold floats lazily around her head, glowing with a lustrous sheen against her scales.
- She appears to be in her prime.
- Her scaley face is decorated with wispy tendrils of red gold wire dotted with pale green turquoise, creating fiery arabesques that curl around her right eye before ending in a bevy of small spirals on her cheekbone.
- She is wearing a rich sanguine gamantang with a golden arabesque overlay, a billowing Musparan silk robe embroidered with arabesque serpents, a pair of sturdy leather sandals clasped with polished onyx fangs, an ouroboros ear-hook of lustrous orichalcum, a snug choker of desert-hued links interspersed with tiny cambrinth amulets, a fiery glass sunburst captured by a multistrand red gold chain, an intricate double ouroboros of gold and niello, a cambrinth armlet commemorating the unbinding of Peri'el, a royal purple armband embroidered with a hand holding a heart inside a crystal circle, a cambrinth handflower accented with gold and copper filigree, a blighted gold bracelet studded with large flame opals, a hammered gold ring set with a round cabochon sunstone, a polished golden hip-chain set with a large blood red aevanstone, a highly polished tailband tinted in shades of red and purple, a desert-hued camlet pack trimmed with lava samite, a fuzzy pink-toed tarantula suspended from thick spidersilk straps, a tethered Wayerd pyramid with alternating gold and silver panels labeled "Free Empath" and a sungold-hilted ankle knife displaying an etched blade.
- Her features are hidden behind a smooth, expressionless mask of lilac moonsilver, which glows with a silvery amethyst light. Forming an infinity symbol that loops around the shadowed eyeholes, tiny absinthe emeralds swirl with unsettling, misty glimmers. The curved lips are sealed shut, as if holding back secrets.
- She is wearing a sanguine targe bearing a radiant sun rising from a double-headed serpent, a sanguine tabard adorned with the sun rising from a double-headed serpent, a pair of sturdy leather sandals clasped with polished onyx fangs, an ouroboros ear-hook of lustrous orichalcum, a snug choker of desert-hued links interspersed with tiny cambrinth amulets, a fiery glass sunburst captured by a multistrand red gold chain, an intricate double ouroboros of gold and niello, a cambrinth armlet commemorating the unbinding of Peri'el, a royal purple armband embroidered with a hand holding a heart inside a crystal circle, a cambrinth handflower accented with gold and copper filigree, a blighted gold bracelet studded with large flame opals, a hammered gold ring set with a round cabochon sunstone, a heavy steel tailband studded with sullen-hued cloud rubies, a segmented cambrinth baldric of imbricated scales edged with crimson moonsilver, a desert-hued camlet pack trimmed with lava samite, a fuzzy pink-toed tarantula suspended from thick spidersilk straps, a tethered Wayerd pyramid with alternating gold and silver panels labeled "Free Empath" and a sungold-hilted ankle knife displaying an etched blade.
- Look: Occupying the center of the blood-red field is the radiant sun, a heraldic emblem of power and glory, rising between the uplifted heads of the golden snake. Arched in a U-shape with a head on each end, the fanciful serpent is a twist on an ancient symbol of healing and wisdom. The initials "M. C." have been stamped onto the back of the diamond-hide shield.
- Source: Newbie Guide Contest (1/16/2015)
a sanguine tabard adorned with the sun rising from a double-headed serpent (robe-style hider)
- Look: Made of cool Velakan linen, this martial garment is open at the sides and cinched at the waist with a slender belt made of gold sun disks. Prominently embroidered on each panel of the sleeveless coat is the radiant sun, a heraldic emblem of power and glory, rising from a U-shaped serpent with a head on each end of its body. A border of thorny acacia along the hem and neckline encloses the device.
- Source: alteration scroll (6/13/2015)
a billowing Musparan silk robe embroidered with arabesque serpents (robe-style hider)
- Look: An elaborate goldwork motif of stylized serpents flows across the surface of this enveloping garment. A hallmark of the embroiderer's art, the cunning play of light on thread imbues the gilded beasts with a subtle hint of movement.
- Source: Keishalae (6/9/2013)
a professional healer's robe embroidered with tricolored serpents
- Look: The flowing garment has a wide hood and billowing sleeves. Sinuous red, black and blue serpents adorn the neck and hem of the robe. The curving snakes are interlaced in a triangular pattern that is repeated throughout.
- Read: Sarkranis, merchant Empath of Velaka
- Source: gift from Zamara (3/21/2011)
a rich sanguine gamantang with a golden arabesque overlay
- Look: Weighted with gold sun disks, the diaphanous outer layer of this traditional S'Kra garment is adorned with an intricate, abstract pattern of thorny acacia. By contrast, the coat itself is sewn from unadorned Velakan linen, extravagant in its striking austerity.
- Source: Liave (9/16/2016)
a sanguine tail drape edged with intertwining serpents
- Look: An intricate goldwork motif of regal serpents adorns the hem of the garment. It is cinched at the waist with a slender belt made of gold sun disks.
- Source: gift from Inauri (7/7/2012)
an intricate arrangement of acacia-shaped jewels
- Look: Bright red gold wires dotted with lustrous pale green turquoise form thorny tendrils, coiling spirals and arabesque shapes. The twining, stem-like wires connect smoothly polished petals fashioned from fiery sunstone. Scarlet hues streak through the brilliant gems, the geometric patterns adding to the fanciful facial jewelry inspired by the acacia plant. Sticky adhesive adorns the back of the fragile wirework.
- Features: Her scaley face is decorated with wispy tendrils of red gold wire dotted with pale green turquoise, creating fiery arabesques that curl around her right eye before ending in a bevy of small spirals on her cheekbone.
- Source: Tildi (6/17/2014)
an ouroboros ear-hook of lustrous orichalcum (vitality regenerator)
- Look: Designed for the S'Kra ear, the red-gold earring hangs by the fangs from the ear canal. The mythical serpent swallows its own tail, symbolizing the eternal cycle of life. A pale green spiritgem serves as its eye.
- Source: Andriette (11/4/2015)
a snug choker of desert-hued links interspersed with tiny cambrinth amulets (holds 50 mana)
- Look: Carved from pale sandstone in hues resembling desert dunes, the links are flattened along their backs so as to lay firm against the wearer's neck. Between each link, a hexagon of cambrinth is perfectly captured in such a way that light plays across its incised geometric symbols to dramatic effect.
- Source: Almodivar (designed by Ephic) (4/26/2016)
an ophidian sunburst of burnished sungold (magical item hider)
- Look: Sixteen fiery serpents radiate from a central sun disk. Coruscating colors flit across the naturally warm metal with the slightest motion, giving the impression of a sunrise in progress as the hue shifts from the soft purple that shows with dawn's first light to the pale rose that lingers briefly after the sun has fully risen.
- Read: When the sun shines, all other stars are obscured.
- Source: Yeyaru (3/18/2016)
an intricate double ouroboros of gold and niello (ritual focus)
- Look: Two serpents, a ruby-eyed kingsnake and an emerald-eyed viper, swallow each other's tails. Their bodies form two interlaced figure-eight knots that are joined in a circle, symbolizing the eternal cycle of life and destruction.
- Read: Do what thou wilt.
- Source: Vatari (2/19/2016)
a cambrinth armlet commemorating the unbinding of Peri'el (holds 50 mana)
- Look: Beneath a cloud of volcanic ash, four S'Kra maidens surround a wounded kingsnake. Inlaid in silver, copper, gold and steel, each sister plays an instrument that is sacred to the goddess. Through the alchemy of song, the music is transmuted into a single sunbeam, crafted from brightly-hued gem, that pierces the darkness to bathe the divine avatar. A serpentine inscription graces the interior surface.
- Read: Pivo'hrr'shuzh Kapo (S'Kra for undying song/singer)
- Source: Andriette (11/5/2013)
a cambrinth handflower accented with gold and copper filigree (holds 48 mana)
- Look: Twisted chains connect three wide rings to a narrow wristcuff, which is adorned with intricate geometric patterns of gold and copper filigree. A sharp talon extends from each ring, while a burnished triangle is designed to cover the majority of the wearer's hand.
- Source: Andriette (6/19/2014)
a flamboyant peacock spider with iridescent green eyes (magical minion)
- Look: The abdomen of this jumping spider has been inlaid with iridescent gemstones in bands of yellow, green, blue, and red. A hidden flap on each side of the abdomen can be unfolded and raised to create a colorful fan, giving rise to the spider's name. Dark green ammolites serve as the creature's large eyes, which seem to shine with curiosity above its thick, fuzzy palps.
- Source: Esado (11/19/2013)
a segmented cambrinth baldric of imbricated scales edged with crimson moonsilver (holds 50 mana)
- Look: Overlapping cambrinth scales have been affixed to the leather backing, resembling the undulating body of a serpent or dragon. Each segment has been strategically inlaid with crimson moonsilver, the silvery-red glow enhancing the natural red highlights of the cambrinth.
- Source: Andriette (6/8/2015)
a desert-hued camlet pack trimmed with lava samite
- Look: Fading from deep orange to brilliant red and then finally to purple, the richly dyed fabric recalls the fiery display of a desert at sunset. A copper sunburst clasp secures the contents of the pack.
- Source: Esado (11/8/2014)
a sumptuous marblesilk satchel clasped with a blue gold triquetra (kitten home)
- Look: The layers of sheer fabric form a complex maze of carnivorous vela'tohr plants vying for dominance, their fiery blossoms nestled among coiling tendrils. Serving as the clasp is a triquetra interlaced with a spoked circle.
- Source: Hlee (11/8/2015)
a grizzled black kitten with fierce azure eyes and one white paw
- Look: The elegant kitten's angular face, long legs, and short tail betray her jungle cat heritage. She has a short, lustrous coat of silver-tipped obsidian fur, broken only by the white of her front left paw. Highly alert to her surroundings, her large, tufted ears swivel in response to the slightest sound. Triquetra knots of blue gold are wrought into a collar from which a shariza labeled "Zamini" dangles.
- Source: Hlee (11/8/2015)
a lavish circlet of sunset-hued lilies
- Look: An explosion of red tiger lilies paired with stargazer lilies of rich gold and opulent purples mimic the colors of a sky-encompassing sunset in the desert. Sparse leaves from the lilies provide a rare splash of green to the fiery arrangement.
- Source: gift from Inauri (7/7/2012)
Sarkranis shows you her viper scale spellbook. The spellbook has been carefully bound in magma viper scale, which is painted with an emerald-green king snake coiled tightly about a shattered egg. It appears to be in pristine condition and is beaded along the edges with some deep green garnet vipers with blood-red ruby fangs, some verdant green peridot king snakes and some smooth platinum cobras with multi-hued gemstone eyes. Bold calligraphy inlaid in lustrous gold leaf scrawls dramatically over the viper scale cover.
A serpentine emerald viper bloodlock has been attached to the spellbook. The emerald viper's head has been looped back over to grasp its tail over the front end of the book, securing it closed. Tiny ivory fangs jut out of its maw into the tail, locking it in place.
A platinum dragon's claw socket has been inset in the spellbook's cover, just below the title. A hafaltu-veined kuldaez crystal rests in the relentless clutches of the platinum dragon's claw.
|Features||Sarkranis has a regal ophidian face with slightly recurved fangs, alluring slitted absinthe-green eyes and a sleek Velakan snout, iridescent gold scales with a sheen reminiscent of sunrise, a tel'athi chainmail tail guard studded with chunks of Heke'mhhg lazuli covering the length of a long, serpentine tail that tapers to a sharp point and a sinewy figure. She is compact for a S'Kra Mur.|
|Quote||"What wicked webs we un-weave."|
|Date of Birth||Havrandu, 20 Uthmor 368 (age 60)|
|Height||5' 9" (compact)|
|Affiliations||Sraan Mhhg, Professional Healers Association, and Free Empaths of the Crystal Tower|
|Gods||Ushnish, Peri'el, Hav'roth, Asketi, and Harawep|
For shifting services, see Sarkranis/Shifting.
- 34 Akroeg 419 (2/21/2016): Became a guru of first aid
- 30 Akroeg 419 (2/19/2016): Became a guru of empathy
- 30 Akroeg 414 (10/8/2014): Achieved "Transcendent" status
- 22 Lirisa 402 (7/13/2011): Achieved "Legendary" status
- Akroeg 395: Joined the Professional Healers Association
- Skullcleaver 393: Left the Idon Raiders
- Arhat 392: Joined the Idon Raiders
- Nissa 385 (1/23/2007): Joined the Empaths Guild at age 17
- Dolefaren 385: Arrived in Crossing after wandering for five months
- Shorka 385: Set out from Muspar'i
- 20 Uthmor 368: Born into a Musparan family of weavers and merchants
Sarkranis owns a fully trained horse named "Yrak Shar'nath," which is S'Kra for "dark star."
The red chestnut horse is sixteen hands high with a bright reddish brown coat and red highlights. It has a reddish-brown mane and tail. The mare has dark brindle markings over the entire body.
- The horse is wearing a heavy mesh chanfron inlaid with a gold coin, an iron-mesh crinnet adorned with a single gold coin, a heavy mesh peytrel with gold-inlaid braiding, an iron-mesh flanchard lined with thick scarlet cloth, a heavy mesh crupper with gold-inlaid braiding, a black saddle skirted with gold-on-red silk and black tassels, a thick scarlet wool saddle pad, a bright scarlet caparison trimmed with heavy gold braid, and a braided leather bridle with a radiant copper sunburst centering the browband.
Initiate Empath, Apprentice Empath, Journeywoman Empath, Empath, Expert Empath, Master Empath, Grand Master Empath, Legendary Empath, Transcendent Empath, Sensitive, Attendant, Veri Tervia, Wound Bearer, Bonesetter, Caretaker, Life Tender, Sympath, Sorrower, Healer, Battle Empath, Grewd Leknis, Trauma Prodigy, Caregiver, Nepenthe, Helkthigis, Doctor, Mercy, Master Healer, Physician, Image Consultant, Enhancer, Healer Adept, Counselor, Kirmiko, Life Mage, Restorer, Kaith Partani, Intern, Tourniquet, Peacemaker, Panacea, Succorer, Ko Singmat, Buru Alai, Ameliorator, Life Weaver, Compellor, Soother, Hodierna's Hand, Bone Mender, Remedy, Triage Strategist, Charmer, Leech Farmer, Field Medic, Niliaevat Raesh Isen, General Practitioner, Tlus Chudin, Regenerator, Palliator, Life Defender, War Healer, Professor of Medicine, Chaid Ruhita, Beautician, Battlefront Medic, Field Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, Shadow's Touch, Medical Theorist, Reconciler, Death's Nemesis, Life Sustainer, Blood Channeler, Empath Emeritus, Hodierna's Fist, Pejek'zhra
S'Kra Mur Titles
S'sugi, Guard, Sibilant, Fist of Hav'roth, Arsharra'grah, Night Watcher, Pi'pejekmi, Knife Thrower, Pokeke Rasha, Sand Flower, Sarhhthami, Ritual Dancer, Taishar, Warrior, Dai Ograth, Steel Hand, Nehlata Hhsran, Swift Dagger, Dako'gi, Hunter, Dikka'staho Ashu, Badland Walker
Sanguine, the sun radiant issuant from a two-headed serpent enarched, heads palewise Or. Motto: Oloh'hhs Peri'el.