The teleportation tattoo system was introduced during Su Helmas: Seeds of Entropy (2019). These tattoos are unlimited use, require a moon to be up, and have a twenty roisaen cooldown. Most are enchanted with fixed destinations, though a version with a resettable destination was also released. With all permutations, there is a small chance that you may be teleported to a random location. Teleportation tattoos can be used by anyone; magic users and non-magic users alike.
You can have only one tattoo, either a cosmetic, runic, heroic, or teleportation type, however the effects of the magical, heroic, and teleportation tattoos can be applied to a cosmetic tattoo in order to preserve your preferred design. All tattoos can removed at tattoo shops or with a variation of the dirty inkpot.
- APPLY to wear a teleportation tattoo
- If you already have a magical tattoo, and attempt to apply another, you will receive the message:
- As you bring the ink covered needle near your existing magical tattoo, the needle begins to vibrate violently. Thinking better of continuing, you return the needle to the inkpot.
- FOCUS TATTOO to check the cooldown status of the tattoo and other relative info.
- RUB or TOUCH TATTOO to activate the teleport.
- Unlimited use with a 20 roisaen (10 minute).
- Will remain with you thru death.
- STUDY TATTOO to check the set teleportation location.
Removing and Storage
If you have an existing teleportation tattoo, you can APPLY one of the removal inkpots to remove the teleport spell and store it in the inkpot. The design of the tattoo will remain, becoming a simple cosmetic tattoo, which can then accept a new teleportation or magical tattoo spell.
The inkpot will then be stored with the target-location spell that was contained in your tattoo. You can now safely apply a different tattoo if you choose to, however keep in mind there is a 30 RL-day cooldown on reapplying a removed tattoo, so as not to allow people to constantly swap between teleportation & magical tattoos.
Some other things to keep in mind:
- Tattoos bought from shops and special custom tattoos are not removed when using these. If you have a teleportation or magical tattoo stored in a custom or store-bought cosmetic tattoo design, only the spell will be stored in the inkpot. Your old tattoo will be safe and secure.
- Only tattoo designs that were applied to empty skin from a teleportation or magical inkpot will have the tattoo spell and tattoo design removed.
- When replacing a previously removed tattoo, the tattoo description for the inkpot will overwrite whatever the previous tattoo was. For example if you have a blank inkpot that has a stored tattoo of "a red rose", but your current (old) tattoo was "a white skull", once you store your teleportation or magical tattoo in that blank inkpot, the next time you APPLY the tattoo from the inkpot (after 30 days has elapsed) the tattoo will now be "a red rose" - the old tattoo is lost.
Variations of removal inkpots include:
- STUDY INKPOT before application:
- Upon opening the lid, you see instructions detailing how to APPLY a tattoo of four great bridges providing passage to a prodigious crystal spire to your left palm. This tattoo will allow you to interact with it to teleport between locations, after being applied.
- You believe if you were to APPLY the ink contained within the inkpot, you would imbue your existing tattoo, instead of following the instructions.
- STUDY TATTOO after application:
- You lightly trace a finger around the outline of your unique tattoo, closely inspecting it. Searching your mind, you recall Shard, East Bridge where you last rubbed your tattoo.
- [The tattoo is certainly magical, and you think you might be able to RUB or TOUCH it.]
- APPLY INKPOT: You carefully remove the lid of the inkpot. Ignoring the the instructions on the lid, you trace your tattoo with the included needle. After a little work, you discard the inkpot.
- TOUCH TATTOO:
- You brace yourself as you touch your tattoo.
- The world grows blurry and indistinct for a moment. You look around and find yourself at...
- Will immediately arrive at the destination (target or random), and will have a 20 second RT before you can move.