The god of dishonesty and deceit, Botolf is the symbol of corruption and bribery. His blessings (or curses, depending on which end you're on) cause murderers to go free and Thieves to get off with damages paid by the person who prosecuted them. Botolf loves to visit Dirge (his favorite city), and is the patron of Knife Clan and Thieves' Guilds. Botolf is also the god of fallen Paladins, and is known to manifest in tarnished armor in need of a polish.
- Dirge, NOT a favor altar though
- Crossing Temple, Eyes of the 13
- Shard, Temple of Darkness - no favor orbs
- goshawk beads
- parchment goshawk primers
- Immortal Botolf cards
Artwork and Depictions
As with all the Immortals, various works of art to the god can be found throughout the realms.
Temple of the North Wind Frieze
Found NW from the entrance:
- Separated by a carved border of goshawks, the frieze is composed of three panels. The left panel illustrates a footpad bent over a murder victim, rifling through the body's pockets and oblivious of an approaching guard. The middle depicts the pair conferring as the ruffian offers the guard a small purse. The right panel shows the guard walking away, purse in hand, as the thug bends over the body once more. Etched beneath the scene are the words, "Terror and Pain: Justice Fails."
Related forum posts