Tie items are any item that allows you to TIE other items to it. A tie item has both a number of ties and restricted nouns. A tie item will hold as many items as there are ties. Each tie accepts one item with any of the allowed nouns.
The first tie items were crafting toolbelts sold at the Hollow Eve Festival 410 Auction.
Fixing tied items
Analyze displays the tie item's interaction with a potency crystal.
>analyze my forge belt Unlocks: The forger's belt is designed to allow you to tie other items to it. First upgrade - adds one additional tie and hiding mechanics via RUB. (LOCKED) All subsequent upgrades - add one tie at a time. - (Max out at 10 ties on a single tie-item.) You can't tell anything else about a rugged forger's belt wrapped with fraying grey bourde.
Tie items are identified by their STUDY. For example:
>study my belt You study your belt and think you could potentially PUSH, PULL, TURN, TIE (item) to belt, UNTIE (item) from belt, SHEATHE, and REPAIR in case it gets messed up somehow. Your belt will accept a total of 5 items. You think you can tie the following items: saw, rasp, chisels, pliers, rifflers. Your belt currently has 4 items tied to it. You may LOOK ON belt to see them.
In the example above, the belt is restricted to holding 5 tied items. This means you can tie up to 5 total "saw", "rasp", "chisels", "pliers", or "rifflers" to it. Because the tie item accepts any item with the noun "saw", you could tie both a "bone saw" and a "wood saw" to the belt.
Fluff interaction with a tie item.
Syntax: PUSH <TIE ITEM>
>push my belt You fiddle with a tie on your belt, loosening it up.
Fluff interaction with a tie item.
Syntax: PULL <TIE ITEM>
>pull my belt You adjust the ties on your belt, securing them more tightly.
Tie items are immune to normal fluff/magical hiding mechanics. In order to hide them, you must unlock this ability with a potency crystal.
Syntax: RUB <TIE ITEM>
This is a purchased tiered upgrade available when Rebecho offers alteration sessions. Each upgrade allows the item to be TURNed to wear in different locations. There is a limit of one TURN upgrade per visit. See Rebecho's page for additional details and pricing.
Syntax: TURN <TIE ITEM>
>turn mining belt You adjust mining belt, so the belt can be worn on a belt.
Attaches your item to the tie item.
Syntax: TIE <ITEM> TO <TIE ITEM> (e.g. TIE SAW TO MY BELT)
Removes your item from the tie item.
Syntax: UNTIE <ITEM> FROM <TIE ITEM> (e.g. UNTIE SAW FROM MY BELT)
For weapons, an alternative to using TIE that lets you draw your weapon.
Syntax: WIELD <ITEM> ON <TIE ITEM>
>wield axe on mining belt You draw your throwing axe from the ties on the mining belt.
When used with WIELD, this will return a weapon to your tie item.
Syntax: SHEATHE <ITEM>
>sheathe axe Sheathing a light steel throwing axe, you quickly tie it to your belt.
Sometimes things go funny with tie items, such as they report the wrong number of items tied to them. When such a problem happens you can repair your tie item to attempt to fix the issue.
Syntax: REPAIR <TIE ITEM> (e.g. REPAIR MY BELT)
You may look on your tie item to see what is attached.
Syntax: LOOK ON <TIE ITEM> (e.g. LOOK ON MY BELT
>look on my belt On the engineer's belt you see some icesteel chisels, some well-made pliers, a serrated rasp, some fine rifflers, and a fine bone saw.
- Post:Re: Craft tool holding belts have changed worn positions on 11/25/2015 03:54 AM EST - 12/10/2015 11:01
Pages in category "Tie items"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
- Item:Bandolier adorned with heavy white ironwood beadwork
- Item:Bear-pelt fletcher's belt decorated with claws
- Item:Bourde alchemist's belt badly stained with black dye
- Item:Bourde seamstress' belt embroidered with elegant flowers
- Item:Bowyer's belt crafted from red fox fur
- Item:Braided toolstrap with steelsilk ties
- Item:Broad leather forger's belt
- Item:Burnished toolstrap with bronze plating and leather ties
- Item:Butcher's toolstrap woven from bloodstained leather
- Item:Charming tapestry carpetbag patterned with sprawling cabbage roses
- Item:Collector's straps for displaying discoveries
- Item:Contract strap tied from price tags
- Item:Cook's toolstrap woven from faded leather
- Item:Crafter's toolbelt with a multitude of straps
- Item:Crossbowman's toolstrap woven from spiked leather
- Item:Deep blue harness studded with star diopsides
- Item:Diamond-hide weapon strap tooled with a four-armed giant
- Item:Distressed onyx-hide alchemist's toolbelt with animite fasteners
- Item:Drinker's toolstrap woven from splotchy leather
- Item:Dusty serpentine-hide mining supplies bag edged by folksy alshabi stone talismans
- Item:Pair of black tactical thigh straps reinforced with thick leather
- Item:Pair of reinforced straps on a platinum studded belt
- Item:Pair of rugged straps accented with bone beading
- Item:Pikeman's toolstrap woven from fine leather
- Item:Plaited carver's belt with an ornate buckle
- Item:Practical onyx-hide carver's toolbelt clasped with a mammoth bone buckle
- Item:Scaled miner's belt decorated with reddish-black Adan'f tail barbs
- Item:Scarred leather carver's belt with iron studs
- Item:Scholar's toolstrap woven from embossed leather
- Item:Sensible tinker's toolbelt secured with a windsteel mechanism
- Item:Silver studded divinator's belt of deep blue bourde
- Item:Slender leather toolbelt buckled with a diminutive pair of scissors
- Item:Slender onyx-hide tailor's toolbelt plentifully bestrewn with jaspe ties
- Item:Spotted woodcutter's belt
- Item:Steel-plated bandolier painted with a sunset
- Item:Stormsilk sash held with a symbolic gais and ilmenite medallion
- Item:Studded toolstrap with black jasper beading
- Item:Sturdy straps stained to a shadowy black
- Item:Sword-swallower's straps
- Item:Swordman's toolstrap woven from supple leather
- Item:Weapon strap (leather)
- Item:White bourde carpenter's belt
- Item:Wide leather miner's belt decorated with animite studs
- Item:Wide leather toolbelt with a pyramid-shaped buckle
- Item:Wide leather toolstrap with braided cord ties
- Item:Wide weaponsmith's toolbelt covered in kertig buckles
- Item:Willowy blackened leather toolstrap with onyx skull-shaped beads
- Item:Wood shaper's toolbelt of onyx-hide joined with a large zingana buckle
- Item:Woven georin grass toolstrap
- Item:Woven harness with soft fleece padding