Item:Worn and tattered map
|worn and tattered map|
|Look:||You see nothing unusual.|
|Appraised Cost:|| 0 Kronars|
|Dimensions:||1 length x 1 width x 1 height|
|Sources:||Source is Wizened goblin leaning on a cane (2), Wizened goblin leaning on a cane (1), Tricky Treats (2), Treasure map, Taisidon Safari 420 Game Prizes, Taisidon 417 raffles, Seastar Curios, Rectangular black leather case embossed with a seven-pointed star, Random creature drop, Premium raffles, Item:Worn and tattered map, Hollow Eve Festival 432 Raffle Center, Hollow Eve Festival 428 Raffle Center, Hollow Eve Festival 410 Auction, Hollow Eve 425 Raffle Center... further results|
Usage and example
Map markings are unique to each map; below is one example.
- RUB:You smooth some of the wrinkles on the map as you pore over it, searching for meaning.
- TURN: You rotate the tattered map, examining it from a different perspective.
- READ: The map has a large 'X' marked in the middle of it. Near the marking, you can see several dotted lines forming a square. Contour lines drawn along the map indicate that the destination is located near sea level, and a simple sketch of several buildings surrounds the 'X'. Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing north and southwest. From other markings on the map, you guess that the destination is directly east of here. Judging by your surrounding environment, you will find the treasure in this province.
[If you think you've found the treasure, you can STUDY the map to see.]
- STUDY: Used to claim the treasure when you are on the correct spot. Otherwise, will display the map description as with READ.
Meaning of Markings
Note that if properly set up, the maps will not lead to any premium or guild/race-restricted areas.
Note that this data seems to be pulled from the environmental settings of the room it's in. As it seems to be an automated system, it should be possible to determine which each means.
- you can see wavy blue lines.: Underwater/in water?
- you can see a sketch of the opening of a cavern.: It is underground or in a cave.
- you can see several dotted lines forming a square.: No specific type.
- indicate that the destination is located near sea level,: Indicates a rough idea of what elevation.
- a simple sketch of several buildings surrounds the 'X'.: In a town or ?possibly building?.
- snow-peaked mountains are drawn next to the 'X'.: In mountainous area.
- the mouth of a cavern surrounds the 'X'.: ?
- large angular boulders surround the 'X'.: ?
- a drawing of two farm plots surrounds the 'X'.: In a farming area.
- a filled box surrounds the 'X'.: ?
- a sketch of a grassy plateau is drawn above the 'X'.: ?
- simple sketches of deciduous trees surround the 'X'.: ?
- swamp grass is drawn around the 'X'.: ?
- long grass is drawn around the 'X'.: ?
- small bushes with pointy leaves are drawn near the 'X': ?
- empty space surrounds the 'X': Means the area does not possess any of the other possible environment types.
- Straight lines have been drawn from the center, pointing: These are the exits to the room. Note that UP, DOWN, OUT and any GO or CLIMB exits would not be listed.
- the destination is <direction> of here.: This is based on the Zone Map, though it should be noted that the player-made Ranik maps are not always correct in relation to each other.
- you guess that the destination is somewhere nearby.: You are in the same zone, which may or may not provide any information.
- blackened chain balaclava adorned with a small bird skull
- half-faced damite spanghelm with an articulated neck flange
- muracite great helm sculpted to resemble the visage of a yawning shrew
- polished black ceremonial armor with gilded accents
- steel great helm painted to resemble a fiery inferno
- thick leather gloves with bear fur trim
- vardite great helm sculpted to resemble the visage of a roaring lion
- blackened steel targe embellished with a complex tyrium-studded design
- medium shield bearing electrum silhouettes of big cats
- polished black ceremonial tower shield with gilded accents
- scarred leather buckler shaped like a massive claw
- scarred kite shield
- jewel-hilted gnomish long blade incised with a blood channel
- blackened steel sledgehammer (2)
- burnished steel greatsword with an intricately wrought handguard
- copperwood handled hatchet with a wedge-shaped kertig head
- Dwarven war hammer with an anvil-shaped kertig head
- embroidered nightweaver-silk sack
- delicately woven nightweaver-silk sling dyed to a dusky shade of blue and dotted with brilliant crystalline stars
- sturdy crystalline globes
- glaes jambiya with a carved lacewood hilt
- golden trident accented with tiny seed pearls
- heavy mace with a kertig head carved to resemble a coiled dragon
- hook-bladed darkstone skinning knife with a carved dragonwood grip
- light silversteel throwing axe with a balanced dragonwood haft
- light throwing axe with a heart-shaped piercing
- mistwood-hafted hatchet with a steel head bearing a star-shaped piercing
- oak hafted triple-chain flail
- pale silvery dao with an etched blade and gem-set hilt
- short-hafted hand mace with a knobby silversteel head
- silversteel hawkbill with a leather-wrapped ironwood handle
- slender glaes furrier's knife with a carved amber handle
- smokewood nightstick studded with heavy vardite knobs
- smokewood-hafted ranseur with a haralun tip and cross-hilt
- steel hurling axe with a cambrinth-inlaid handle
- steel throwing hammer with a leather-wrapped haft
- tyrium bastard sword with a glaes pommel
- vardite-studded cosh carved from burled flamewood
- wide-bladed haralun hand axe with a long copperwood haft
- spiked skull-topped mace
- black leather moneybelt clasped by a mammoth's head buckle
- black leather moneybelt clasped by an emerald snake
- chamois thigh quiver adorned with cambrinth beads
- cracked ironwood captain's seachest
- blue wool captain's coat with braided silver epaulettes
- braided suede belt with an oval buckle engraved with the image of a skull and crossbones
- navy blue captain's hat with braided gold trim
- bottle of fresh milk
- corned beef sandwich on dark rye bread
- fresh carrot
- snow pear
- sugared duck cookie decorated with yellow icing
- wedge of chevre cheese
- eventide shadesatin shoulder bag with moonstone beaded ties
- fringed leather pouch decorated with amber beads
- large yellowed vulture skull with blood rubies set into the eye sockets
- red satin handbag accented with tiny metallic studs
- soft burgundy suede thigh pouch embellished with creamy lace and seed pearls
- tall gold-chased stein set with leaves of absinthe emerald
- azure doublet of silk brocade with slashed sleeves
- azure samite headscarf trimmed with a mosaic border of tiny seed pearls
- black and red woolen kilt fastened with a golden flame pin
- black hooded cloak bearing blue camocas flames
- black suede pants embroidered with snarling lion along one leg
- black velvet cloak secured at the neck with a crescent pin
- black velvet doublet with golden satin epaulets
- cashmere socks striped in shades of pink and grey
- charcoal grey gentleman's cloak trimmed with twisted satin cording
- creamy brocade milady's cloak trimmed in twisted satin cording
- dashing black brocade doublet with a flower on the lapel
- diaphanous length of nightmare-black silk patterned with vivid fuchsia blotches
- draped crimson and blue-grey steelsilk battle cloak
- fitted black brocade doublet accented with small lion's head buttons
- pair of grey leather ankle boots decorated with silver chain
- floor-length hooded cloak with silver-studded trim
- heavy black leather longcoat with ornate silversteel buttons carved to resemble grinning skulls
- heavy woolen cloak dyed in shades of green
- hooded sand-colored burnoose
- lavish brocade greatcloak with a deep billowing hood
- length of amethyst damask fabric
- length of pitch-black nightsilk beaded with lustrous idopun pearls
- length of snow-white fabric edged with stylized embroidery
- Maelshyvean iconoclast's robe of purple-speckled deep blue velvet
- pale silver dance veil crafted from mistsilk
- plum satin corset trimmed with matching bejeweled lace
- ratty rumpled cape made of varicolored rat pelts
- raw-mistsilk fencing shirt with high-laced sleeves and a ruffled collar
- red satin high-heeled sandals accented with glistening rubies
- sheer gown of pale blue turbaurs lined in white silk
- suede shirt with the image of a panther branded on it
- tailored dove-grey vest with a flower on the lapel
- Zsikiel tartan vest
- length of blue Elven silk fabric
- length of bone-white elven silk fabric with a deep crimson lining
- pair of silk wings decorated with overlapping ice crystals
- silk-covered chest harness
- sand-hued Velakan linen pants
- winged boots of thick leather sculpted to resemble massive vulture feet
- animite chains dangling an array of brilliant bearclaw emeralds
- animite cloak pin engraved with the crest of the Paladins' Guild
- animite cloak pin engraved with the crest of the Warrior Mage Guild
- black velvet choker dangling a stunning midnight diamond
- cambrinth wristband set with a magnificent huntress diamond
- cloud-shaped ebony haircomb accented with a jagged bolt of bloodmist garnet
- clutch of tourmaline geshiloira hung from a silver chain
- delicate platinum ring displaying a perfect idopun pearl
- glistening trillion-cut Gemfire ruby
- heavily embellished wrist cuff fashioned from precious metals
- pair of carved ivory fangs
- pair of quartz snowdrops hung from a length of silk
- pair of shield-shaped cufflinks
- pair of silver hairsticks
- platinum-rimmed monocle etched with an elaborate knotwork design
- polished gold ring set with a carved zircon
- polished silver ring inlaid with tiny cambrinth lion's heads
- serpentine platinum hip-chain with tiny dangling bells and ruby-eyed zombie charms
- silver and heartwood engagement ring
- small animite monocle edged with tiny jade leaves
- small red-gold haircomb engraved with twin-crossed swords
- twisted chakrel torque embellished with a central bloodstone
- wide platinum anniversary ring embellished with a pair of summer's heart sapphires
- wide silver knotwork ring displaying a vibrant blue topaz
- ironwood cane with a gold handle shaped like a lightning bolt
- animite half-mask inlaid with lush moonstone Damaris' Dream roses
- blood dryad figurine with a tiny gold longsword
- carved acanth Kronar
- carved copperwood bears
- carved flamewood abacus with polished vardite beads
- carved smokewood owls
- carved wooden pipe shaped like a monkey's head
- colorfully painted kaleidoscope
- crystal sculpture of a rearing wild horse
- dark leather half mask edged in bristly fur with a boar-like snout
- delicate glass globe
- etched electrum toe bells
- fluted gold-trimmed fishbowl
- furry white rabbit's foot
- gilded leather handbook titled "Traditions of the S'Kra Mur"
- hammered gold flask adorned with kertig chasing and an imperial topaz
- ironwood cane with a platinum handle shaped like a gear
- ironwood cane with an aquamarine handle shaped like a roiling wave
- miniature treasure chests
- nightmare-black vulture feather quill with an animite tip
- ornately engraved glaes belt knife
- pair of wire spectacles with star-shaped lenses
- pair of wyvern wings crafted from embossed leather
- raw cotton cloth trimmed with tiny lace snowflakes
- red leather book titled "The Essential Tart Cookbook"
- shiny pinwheel
- silver-handled razor adorned with small cambrinth discs
- silversteel lockpick encrusted with diamonds
- small golden crocodile
- small mechanical cleric
- splintered oak pipe carved into a blackberry vine
- stained-glass Wayerd pyramid portraying images of Flaming Arrow wolfsbane
- stuffed toy spear crafted from brown linen
- thin oblong polished silver flask
- treasure map - so mean!
- white linen handkerchief embroidered with a playful kelpie
- slick oilskin umbrella with an elaborately carved handle