Maelshyve is a demonic demi-goddess who was sealed away for millennia in her secondary stronghold beneath Darkmist Moors. She was released by Archrost after he stole Urrem'tier's Chalice for her and currently resides in her primary fortress beneath the Zaulfung.
Maelshyve is the extraplanar force that corrupted the land to the east of Riverhaven, and was previously known as the "Nameless Evil of Zaulfung". She remained unrevealed to most Elanthians until she broke out of her prison.
You see Maelshyve, a hulking beast of great stature.
She has radiant green eyes that cast a sickly glow upon the dusky midnight-blue scales that cover her body. Long tresses of willowy black hair cascade elegantly down around her, giving her form an almost alluring apperance despite the menacing capabilities evident in her massive triple-tined claws extending from bulky arms wrought with uncompromising musculature.
Two deathly black reptilian wings are folded behind her back, tipped with spiked talons that glisten malevolently in the light.
Her massive, yet shapely torso tapers down to an elegant waist, supported by heavy trunk-like legs. Her feet are hideous implements of war, bearing gruesome black claws that glisten with the blood of her latest victims.
A gargantuan tail slithers from behind her back, thickly plated with armored scales and bearing stiletto-sized spines.
- Karszen is her arch nemesis, having battled her more than once.
- Maeldryths are her children.
- She is immortal, and her symbol is a triple-tined claw.
- She is also the most powerful necromantic entity known.
- Maelshyve may have been the demonic force which the Zaulfung Stones were designed to hold back. The Stones were created by Farn's Company around 400 BV, during the reign of Empress Merthamone.
- The Raid on Maelshyve's Fortress was a player-organized event in which adventurers confronted numerous demon-possessed vessels in Maelshyve's Fortress in the Zaulfung.
Three weapons are kept within Maelshyve's fortress:
- [Abyssal Nether, Maelshyve's Remnant]
- The coiling helix of fused bone ends here, dropping off into the abyss. Cradled in the clawlike comfort of the path's edge is a great black shell, cracked open like an egg. From within, an endless river of midnight-blue sludge pours out, streaming into the endless darkness below.
Darkmist Moors and the Abyss
- Glistening Scythewing Larva
- Zombie Kobold Savage / Skeletal Kobold Savage
- Zombie Kobold Headhunter / Skeletal Kobold Headhunter
- Dusky Scythewing Moth
- Lanky Grey Lach
- Feral Bone Mastiff
- Transparent Shylvic
- Gargantuan Bone Golem
- Vaporous Blood Wraith
Zaulfung and Maelshyve's Fortress
- Lesser Sluagh
- Lesser Shadow Hound
- Greater Sluagh
- Greater Shadow Hound
- Lesser Dusky-Scaled Basilisk
- Maelshyvean Shadow Beast
- Maelshyvean Cinder Beast
- Sinister Maelshyvean Hierophant