Capture the Critter
The "Capture the Critter" games are automated games run during GM events that have the same general set of rules and results. A variety of both critters and return locations for each game have been found, appropriately tailored by a GM to each different event.
- When you see a critter, try to GET it when both hands are empty. You might miss, you might grab just a scrap of junk, you might get stunned, or you will actually catch it.
- Each critter attempts to escape your grip approximately every 10 seconds, so run fast once you catch it.
- When in the room with the return location, PUT <CRITTER> on <RETURN ITEM> and claim your randomized prize.
Below are variations of the game as documented here on Elanthipedia. Many of these links also reference prize lists.
- Asketi Shrine - snakes, vipers, adders, eels and serpents. This has been seen at the Hollow Eve Festival.
- Be'ort shrine - teardrinkers. This has been seen during the Hollow Eve Festival 428.
- Berengaria Cart - cows. This is found during the Shard Street Faires and the Shard Theater Faires.
- Butterfly crate - butterflies. This was seen at a Fang Cove Spring Celebration event.
- Cat Pen - cats. This was seen after the Carnival of Cats event during Plokks’ Perspicacious Performing Panoply in 416.
- Drogor Shrine - sharks, bloodfish, tigerfish, piranha and barracudas. This has been seen at the Hollow Eve Festival 414 & Hollow Eve Festival 439.
- Dwarven iron bird cage - Ravens. This was seen at Dwarven Culture Faire 419
- Eel Crate - eels.
- Glittery Ocean-Blue Cart - Seagulls. Seen during the Estate Holder Mini-Fest 442.
- Harawep Shrine - various bugs. This was seen at the Guildfest.
- Huldah Shrine - minks, polecats, ferrets, grisons, ermines, weasels and stoats. This has been seen at the Hollow Eve Festival in the Lower Level section.
- Inventor's Worktable - boggles, gremlins, spriggans, sprites and welkins. This was first seen at the Chris' Mass Festival 440.
- Large bin of miniature figurines and Large crate of miniature figurines - figurines. Seen at Guildfest 412.
- Mouse Cage - mice. This has been seen at the Prydaen Culture Faire.
- Origami Envelope - crows, rams, scarecrows and tankards. This game is seen at the Taffelberry Faire.
- Peri'el Shrine - snakes, eels, etc. This has been seen at the Hollow Eve Festival in the Below Deck section.
- Simian Cage - marmoset, capuchin, paguur, monkey & tamarin were loose at the Taisidon Safari 420 event.
- Spider Cage - miscreation, unyn, nightmare, beast-thing, land-octopus & spiders (spider-themes). First seen at the Hollow Eve Festival 432.
- Wolf Cart - wolf pups. Seen at Taisidon MegaSafri 413.