|Prerequisites:||Cure Disease or Flush Poisons|
|Mana Type:||Life magic|
|Spell Type:||ritual / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||150 / 700|
|Skill Range (min/max):||80 / 800|
|Valid Spell Target:||Self|
|Duration (min/max):||30 minutes / 90 minutes|
|Description:||Absolution is a bitter spell, one which the Khalo refuse to teach. Nonetheless it has propagated in the corners of the Five Provinces for its sheer utility. By undergoing the ritual of Absolution, an Empath may dull his talent. While detrimental to his healing and general bodily health, it has one dramatic advantage: while the dampening effect remains, the Empath is too far removed from the twisted life essence of the Undead to empathize with them. A warrior-empath is thus able to confront the undead hordes and their lich overlords with impunity.|
|Effect:||-Empathy skill, -Stamina (stat), allows Empath to attack the undead without shock|
|Example Messaging:||Casting: Your head swims and you feel considerably more numb, as though your mind was somehow disconnected from your body. The world with all its colors and sensual character seems a step removed from you now.|
- Absolution can be purchased from Sierack's Reagents in Shard, scribed upon a sheepskin scroll.
- Ritual spells may require the use of a ritual focus:
- Absolution requires either a body purification focus such as the tiny azure leather bag from Herilo's Artifacts
- or a life magic universal focus such as the lapis lazuli tree statuette and knowledge of the improvised rituals magical feat.
- debuffs empathy and stamina (this is not a bug).
- Unlike most spells, Absolution's debuffs get weaker with more potency rather than stronger, but never go away entirely.
- Cannot be cast with Gift of Life already active
- There is a warning message before it expires:
- A brief spike of raw sensation hits you, taking your breath away. The ritual pattern dampening your Empathy is coming undone.