|Missing or Incomplete Creature Information Needed|
|To add any of the missing information listed above, use THIS FORM.|
Vykathi are an infamous race of carnivorous insects. Their excavators are suited for burrowing and mining, spraying down a stone surface with a natural acid before tearing at it with their powerful front legs.
Although vykathi excavators and builders have opposing utility functions, they are otherwise very similar with equivilant attributes and combat capabilities. As such, both are inferior combatants to the vykathi harvesters who swarm hive intruders. Attempts to hunt either without engaging multiple vykathi harvesters is unlikely. Thus, doing so without the ability to adequately defend against superior opponents (i.e. multiple vykathi harvesters) will be at great peril. Additionally, vykathi excavators and builders present no value, especially for the risk, as neither can be skinned nor carry any equipment or loot.
Both vykathi excavators and builders will occasionally depart the room directly from combat, ignoring their engagement state. They can and will go directly from melee to another room without first having to retreat.
Vykathi excavators and builders are responsible for the ever changing maze that is The Hive. When a vykathi excavator transistions between two rooms via a wall (direction with no exit) it creates a new tunnel between them, thereby creating new corresponding exits in both rooms.
When a vykathi excavator enters (A vykathi excavator lumbers into view) or exits (A vykathi excavator lumbers <direction>) via a prexisiting tunnel (exit) nothing changes.
The vykathi builder is the opposite. Instead of creating tunnels (room exits), it seals them upon arrival through them.
- Weapons do not move past dabbling at 170 (1/34). (10/19/2020)
- Does not teach Tactics at 258 (0/34). (10/19/2020)
APPRAISE CAREFUL info:
- With Defenses around 225 the vykathi excavator is a relatively easy opponent. It would train quite badly.
- With Weapons at 170 (300+ Mastery) the vykathi excavator is a creature completely beneath your notice. It would train quite badly.
- Vykathi are immune to physical stuns.
- APPRAISE CAREFUL info: The excavator appears immune to slicing.
Slice damage tends to do nothing more than scuff the vykathi's carapace.
- Strength - is rather less than 30
- Agility - is rather less than 30
- Discipline - is definitely less than 30
- Reflex - is rather less than 30
- Stamina - is definitely less than 30
- ARRANGE INFO: The excavator cannot be skinned, so you can't arrange it either.
- Spawn: A vykathi excavator lumbers into view.
- Entrance1: A vykathi excavator lumbers into view.
- Entrance2: The rock wall <direction> suddenly gives way and a vykathi excavator comes crawling through the new passage.
- Exit1: A vykathi excavator lumbers <direction>.
- Exit2: A vykathi excavator tunnels a path <direction> through the rock.
- Death1: A vykathi excavator twitches helplessly on the ground for a few moments before it lies still.
- Decay: A vykathi excavator decays away.
You recall everything noteworthy about a vykathi excavator... which is apparently nothing.
They are not known to cast any recognized spells.
They are not known to carry loot in locked boxes.