|Alternate Names: None|
|Dominant Race: None|
|Dominant Guild: None|
|Guild Halls: None|
|Patron Deity: None|
Home to the village of Teil-Minavsel, this island is full of tropical delight and splendor.
Many activities are available to tourists and residents, such as: diving for oysters (with pearls!), mining, a vast assortment of unique creatures to slay, and much more!
Due to the popularity and nostalgia of the island, a Simutronics-run paid visit titled Taisidon Safari was released. The Safari allowed players to explore the island without having to worry about accomplishing any goals or tasks.
Recently, the Safari has been updated and re-released with three different tiers available. The different tiers are in a cascading order with each tier offering increased shopping and events for tourists.
The safari version of Taisidon has been run multiple times over the years:
- (2002-04) - Taisidon Safari; Deluxe and Standard options
- 412 (2014) - Taisidon Safari 412
- 417 (2015) - Taisidon Safari 417
- 420 (2016) - Taisidon Safari 420
During this event, the village, nearby shops and ships are not accessible. When you arrive on the island, you will be 2 rooms north from the bamboo altar. Moving west from the altar will bypass the village and take you directly to the room "outside" the village west gate. Also, access to the fallen log to the white rat area has both the original access north of mimics along with an additional new one-way north room in midges.
- Taisidon Mystery 435 (2020)
Maps and Landmarks
- * A interactive version of the map shown above is available here.
- Kythryn's Taisidon Safari maps, updated in 420:
- Boat Ramp: In the center of the beach outside the East gate of the village. This is where the Gilded Wave docks.
- Saendalen Sea: Accessed by traveling along the Northern section of the beach. The saendalen sharks and whitetip sharks reside here.
- Rundown Building / The Painted Barn: This structure stands outside the West gate of the village. Animated Items reside here
- Battered Shack / Once Fine Cutlery: This structure stands outside the West gate of the village. Animated Items reside here
- Corsair Lagoon: This body of water on the Western side of the island is home to piranha.
- The Gash: A deep chasm in the Northernmost section of the island. To reach this place, you must first climb up a mountain cliff and then cross a fallen tree.
- Mountain Passage: A channel under the mountain that leads from the Northernmost section of the island to the savannah
- The Savannah: Occupying the Southwestern corner of the island, is the savannah. Home to the aptly named Savannah Bull.
- The Cave: Home to spiders and bears, this cave is not to be tread without caution.
- The Mist: Difficult to navigate due to the thick fog permeating the area, the Mist is home to zombies.
- Kerwaith'lyba Burial Grounds: This extensive cemetery strangely contains an odd campsite within its boarders. Though to get here, one must travel through many dangerous locations so it just might have use to those who travel this far.
- Hermit's Home: Residing along the shores of the river in a clearing near to where pards occupy, this hut is crude but homely.
A scribbly sign reads:
"Out looking for faeries!"
- Stone Hut: Presumably the home of Bertoldt, whose corpse still resides within, this structure can be found between the Mist and the Burial Grounds.
- Campsite: It is unknown who established this site or what its purpose it, regardless it is stationed within the Burial Grounds and creatures that reside there do not enter it.
With the world-altering changes to the nature of magic and continued S'Kra Kor aggression in the past few decades, many of the island's former inhabitants have migrated or gone extinct due to new stresses in the environment. In a rush to fill the resulting power vacuum, many new threats have attempted to exert their dominance to rule Taisidon.
A detailed chart with the island creatures along with detailed information on Creature Bait and gem drops can be found on the Taisidon Safari hunting page.
- Andesite gargoyle: Level 116
- Animated Items (1): Level 29
- Animated Items (2): Level 55
- Animated Items (3): Level 84
- Animated Items (4): Level 130
- Durian Beltunumshis: Level 90
- Black pard: Added in 435, Level 38
- Blue-belly Crocodile: Taisidon Safari 420 only
- Cinnamon bear: Level 66
- Forest drake: Level 155
- Gestalt Void Midge: Level 76
- Giant Blade Spider
- Giant thicket viper: Level 28
- Golden pard: removed in 435
- Heggarangi Boar
- Mapha arzumos
- Mimic: Base Level 106; flexes
- Par'i heitak
- Pirate Zombie: Level 45
- Revenant Zombie
- River Boa: Level 46
- Saendalen shark: Level 63
- Savannah Bull: Level 105
- S'Kra Kor Dancer
- S'Kra Kor Shaman
- S'Kra Kor Villager
- S'Kra Kor Warrior
- Small zombie piranha: Level 14
- Swamp Troll: Level 25
- White Rat
- Whitetip shark
- Wood Troll: Level 7
- Young Desumos
A number of rare flowers, gems, woods and metals can only be found on Taisidon Island. Many of the gems and flowers can be found through drops off the local creatures and from games like the Darkbox. Woods can be found by searching the island for Lumberjacking locations. Metals can be found by searching the island for Mining locations. There are a number of materials that, while released, were not added as drops but only as materials from shops, such as the releases during the first Taisidon Mystery event in 2020.
|Rare Item||Item Type||Notes|
|aformosia||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|albarco||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|aldam lorma blossom||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|audrualm||metal||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|avodire||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|brilliant yellow heliodor||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|chocolate opal||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|cosmic zircon||gem||introduced in 435 (2020)|
|crabwood||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|drake's heart amber||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|faceted inferno's heart||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|fire whirl ruby||gem||introduced in 435 (2020)|
|forest fire jasper||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|greenheart||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|iceblink peridot||gem||introduced in 435 (2020)|
|ilomba||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|Imperial coral||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|Katamba spinel||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|king protea blossom||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|jungle turquoise||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|macawood||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|moonstained wildflower||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|pink lisianthus flower||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|quelium||metal||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|ramin||wood||introduced in 420 (2016)|
|red etlingera blossom||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|scarlet emerald||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|seastar tourmaline||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|sparkling tasialm||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|sunstar jasper||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|Taisidon sunset garnet||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|tidal bloodstone||gem||introduced in 435 (2020)|
|trillion-cut lava topaz||gem||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|velvety jambu blossom||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
|vibrant rainbow rose||flower||introduced in 412 (2014)|
- Most of the areas within the island are named using the Gamgweth language. For instance, "Jalren'rae'Taisidon" means "Island of Thunder" in the common tongue.
- In order to reach the bottom of the water where oysters are, you need to find the highest location nearby and dive.
- If swinging on vines near the pit it is possible to fall in. If you do happen to fall in, look around for something to use in order to climb out.
- When trying to cross the chasm of the gash, you should travel with caution over the fallen tree. Trying to simply walk over it while standing up is not a smart move and can cause you to lose balance, thus making you fall.
- Traveling through the mist is slow and tedious, if you're not able to fight creatures that live there then you should attempt to go as fast as you are able.
- Throughout the island there are a number of tropical flowers which only grow there, keep your eyes open or you are likely to miss an exotic specimen.