|Prerequisites:||Circle 15, Focus Moonbeam and either Partial Displacement or Whole Displacement|
|Mana Type:||Lunar magic|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||5 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||10 / 600|
|Valid Spell Target:||Special|
|Description:||The Teleport spell sends you to the location where you have previously focused a moonbeam. If you attempt to teleport to an unfocused moonbeam, the results are usually fatal. This is quite a difficult spell, but the more mana you use, the further away you can go and still teleport back to your moonbeam.|
|Effect:||Teleport self to moonbeam|
A shadow swiftly oozes into the room, deposits a very shaken <Moon Mage>, and just as swiftly departs.
A red moonbeam flares into a brilliant blossom of light! As your eyes slowly recover, you notice a dazed-looking <Moon Mage>, who wasn't there before.
A blue moonbeam flares into a brilliant blossom of light! As your eyes slowly recover, you notice a dazed-looking <Moon Mage>, who wasn't there before.
The following table lists the approximate amount of mana required to open a gate at a given distance in zones as determined by the zone map.
|Distance||Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland||Braun's Conjecture|
|Mainland only||Islands only||Island to Mainland|
|0 zones||5 Mana||10 Mana||-||?||?||-|
|1 zone||5 Mana||10 Mana||-||?||?||-|
|2 zones||7 Mana||15 Mana||27 Mana||?||?||?|
|3 zones||8 Mana||19 Mana||32 Mana||?||?||?|
|4 zones||10 Mana||-||37 Mana||?||-||?|
|5 zones||13 Mana||-||43 Mana||?||-||?|
|6 zones||15 Mana||-||49 Mana||?||-||?|
|7 zones||19 Mana||-||57 Mana||?||-||?|
|8 zones||23 Mana||-||63 Mana||?||-||?|
|9 zones||27 Mana||-||70 Mana||?||-||?|
|10 zones||32 Mana||-||78 Mana||?||-||?|
|11 zones||37 Mana||-||-||?||-||-|
|12 zones||43 Mana||-||-||?||-||-|
- Valid targets are Katamba, Xibar, and Yavash
- There is no way to teleport another person using this spell.
- This spell leaves you stunned upon arrival. The resulting balance hit can cause you to fall over.
- Potential distance is based on the mana used, not raw Primary Magic skill as it was previously.
- Using a Katamba moonbeam results in a longer stun and you also arrive prone. Tezirites have a cantrip that improves their ability to teleport to a black moonbeam.
- The farther the teleport the longer the stun.
- Teleporting between the islands of Qi'Reshalia requires more mana, and teleporting between the mainland and the islands requires even more. This uses a similar modifier calculation to Moongate
- Teleporting across the ocean also results in a longer stun than there would be for the same distance on the mainland.
- Teleporting onto a boat results in a very long stun, even if the distance is short.
- If you cast Teleport on a Moon that is not out, you will be disintegrated, unless you have the 100th circle ability which instead places you in the nearest conduit of the Astral Plane.
- Teleport can also be used to enter or leave the Astral Plane when directly cast on Grazhir shards.
- Using Teleport to enter or exit the astral plane, whether using the 100th circle ability or not, has less chance of a critical failure than using Moongate. Regardless of which spell you use, the chance for critical failure becomes negligible with enough skill.
- Teleport's disadvantage compared to Moongate when entering the astral plane is that it leaves you with no held mana.