|Prerequisites:||Circle 2, Shadows|
|Spell Type:||standard / utility|
|Prep (min/max):||1 / 100|
|Skill Range (min/max):||0 / 400|
|Valid Spell Target:||Special|
|Duration (min/max):||45 minutes / 210 minutes|
|Description:||The Focus Moonbeam spell establishes an anchor point for your magic, which remains up to several hours even if you wander leagues away. It is used for spells such as Distant Gaze and Teleport. As the name implies, the spell must be cast on a specific moon that is above the horizon.|
|Effect:||Create anchor for other spells|
- Valid targets are Katamba, Xibar, and Yavash
- This spell has no practical effect on its own, simply acting as an anchor for Distant Gaze, Teleport, Contingency and Moongate as well as a handful of other abilities.
- Can only be cast outside or rooms where you can see outside.
- Can only be created at your location unless using a Celestial Beacon enchantment.
- May be moved by using the Shift Moonbeam spell.
- The maximum duration is technically less than 210 minutes, since moons do not stay in the sky longer than 180 minutes at most.
- A single focused moonbeam or all focused moonbeams may be unfocused using the RELEASE command: RELEASE MOONBEAM <moon>.